Chapter 67: Andria’s Studies
2.5k 3 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking through the busy streets of the city, the setting sun cast a dull glow through the land, allowing Andria and Lexa to bask in its soft warmth for a little longer.

As they got closer to the Golden Cloud Inn to settle for the night, Andria was beginning to let out consecutive yawns and tiredness could be seen in her drooping eyelids. Lexa snuggled into her, trying to pass her some warmth.

"Young Miss, would you like to be carried the rest of the way?" One of the Wilderwolf soldier's offered.

Andria stopped her feet and tilted her head thoughtfully for a moment before humming a nod. She couldn't hold out much longer. Still holding Lexa in her hands, the Wilderwolf soldier gently lifted her up, resting her comfortably in his hands. Her tiredness seemed to take over her quickly, and she nuzzled her head into the man's neck as her eyes closed.

The man carrying her smiled warmly. Their Young Miss was so cute!

The surrounding Wilderwolf soldier's looked at the one carrying their Young Miss with narrowed and jealous eyes. They all wished they could have been the one to offer to carry the Young Miss first!

They could only hold back their jealousy though and begrudgingly follow behind them as they continued on their way to the Golden Cloud Inn. They did not want to wake her up after all.

Lexa rolled her eyes at their antics. Weren't these people battle hardened warriors, shouldn't they be cold and emotionless?

It would seem even soldier's succumb to cuteness.

'Maybe this is a tactic I could use in the future...' Lexa mused in all seriousness.

★★★

By the time they returned to the Golden Cloud Inn, Andria was already fully asleep, so the man carrying her simply took her to her room and tucked her into bed. Lexa was locked in her arms the whole time, and gave the man a thankful "meow~" before he left.

Tucked comfortably in Andria's arms, Lexa found sleep beckoning her quickly as well. It took only a few minutes before she finally fell into a peaceful slumber...

★★★

Morning of the next day, Lexa awoke to the feeling of something pushing into her side and the sound of a mumbled voice which her half-awake state couldn't make out.

"Wake up little fang!" Andria pouted. "If you don't wake up, Andria will call you little fang forever!"

"Oh, is it morning already?..." Lexa yawned as she shot up instantly. She didn't have the energy to bicker, only following the girl's whims begrudgingly.

Andria was sitting on the edge of the bed and was now stroking her fur. Unable to take it any longer, Lexa complained. "Will you stop that, go pet a teddy bear to cuddle or something."

"Your a cat, you're made to be petted!" Andria quickly objected.

"I'm a Magical Beast."

"A cat Magical Beast is still cat."

Lexa quickly realised that there was no winning and simply let the girl have her way with her fur. She had to admit it was a little soothing, and her morning grumpiness began to ease.

It was at this moment that the door to the room was opened, drawing the two's attention. Entering the room was Andria's Nanny, Drew. She was noticeably dressed in a conservative dress and was sporting a neat pair of glasses, giving her an overall working middle-aged woman look. In one of her hands was a series of papers and in the other was a brush pen and ink pot. She looked like a strict teacher.

When Andria fist saw Nanny Drew, she immediately shouted out "Nanny!" with a wide smile, except when her eyes noticed those items held in her hands and her appearance, that wide smile suddenly froze, quickly replaced with one of horror.

"No, Andria wants to go to the Tournament Finals today!" Andria immediately protested.

Lexa looked on confused. 'What's going on?'

"Nuh huh, I've let you have several days of free time, its time you get back to your studies." Nanny Drew was not fazed by her cries, simply walking into the room and placing the items in her hands on a convenient desk in the room. Pulling the chair out, Nanny Drew patted it as she beckoned Andria forward.

Lexa looked on amused as Andria shuffled off the bed and slumped into the chair, pouting all the while. Finding herself also interested in these studies of hers, the kitten followed closely behind her, leaping lithely upon the desk to take a look.

Lexa watched on as Andria began working through the first sheet of paper. Though Lexa couldn't understand a word written on it, from the brief conversations from Andria and the Nanny, she garnered that it was a test of her literacy.

Lexa was pretty surprised as the words written on the page were not little, especially as a test for a four year old child. Though she couldn't read, she could tell this much from her vague knowledge.

Two hours passed as Lexa watched Andria work, completing one piece of paper after the other. The Nanny at her side observed and helped every now and then, but mostly left her to her own devices. Only reading over her answers once she was done with a page.

It was now evening and Lexa had transitioned from watching Andria too lying down, cultivating in the meanwhile. She still felt that her breakthrough was so close, but also so far at the same time, with no improvement made as of yet. She could only consistently put in the effort. But she had been a little too lax as of late, getting distracted from the several changes in her life.

"Wah." Andria suddenly cried out in frustration, a pout forming on her face as she had grown stuck on a question for the last few minutes. "Andria could have been watching the finals right now."

"Complaining isn't going to get this finished." Nanny Drew stated simply, her expression showing that she was unmoved by her grumblings.

Andria sniffled and got back to work.

"Don't worry, I'll only be having you studying today and tomorrow. We'll be leaving in two days time." Nanny Drew comforted. She knew that studying was not the funnest activity for such a young lass. Only, it was necessary for nobles to have a high education, lest they be looked down upon by other nobles and commoners alike.

"Ah, Daddy will finish work soon?!" Andria was incredibly happy, she has not had the chance to play with her Daddy much since she came to Skyview City as he had been working the whole time. "Oh, but we're leaving in two days?..."

"Sadly. We can't have your father gone too long from the capital, being that he's the only Wilderwolf left in the Kingdom." Nanny Drew explained.

"But Andria is here!" Andria was confused.

"Cute, but not what I meant. Your father needs to return to his post as the Head of the Falcio military. You, Young Miss, are way to young to take on such responsibilities." Nanny Drew giggled as she poked Andria's nose, to the girl's displeasure.

"That hurts." Andria rubbed the point of her nose. Her cute reaction garnered a laugh out of the Nanny, and Lexa let out a giggle too before returning her concentration to her cultivation.

★★★

Two days passed by rather peacefully with Andria spending most of her time inside, studying hard on several different topics. The topics ranged from mundane things like Literacy, History, Math to topics on the basics of magic, the elements and other interesting topics relating to magic. Lexa took several breaks out of her cultivation process to concentrate on the teaching of the Nanny, before eventually joining in the lesson truly.

Nanny Drew was very welcoming to the new student, as the little kitten was much more cooperative than her true student. Andria liked it too, as it meant Nanny Drew's attention wasn't always on her, freeing her from several nagging rants out of the frustrated woman. Nanny Drew noticed this but could only sigh. She was only thankful that whenever her lessons had anything to do with Magic, the girl's rebellious personality would instantly crumble into one of deep interest. If only she could be like that with the other subjects.

At least the kitten seemed interested in literacy and the like, though she could only teach her the basics, such as the alphabet and a few words due her being illiterate. Nanny Drew was quite surprised at her quick learning speed however. By the end of the two days, she had learned more than a few dozen words that she could string into the most basic of sentences and she had memorised the alphabet completely.

'It would seem her physical appearance isn't a good reflection of her proper maturity.' Nanny Drew noted down internally.

On the morning when the two days had passed, Alexander finally returned from his work and he awoke Andria and Lexa early so they could prepare to set off; They were finally heading off to the Capital of Falcio, Falcon City.

51