Chapter 70: Your Fault (2)
2.5k 4 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I have to admit, your inheritance from the Volcanic Eagle is quite impressive, but..." the man grinned maliciously before a bear like shape erupted from the man's chest, all without the need for chanting a spell. This bear like beast shined in a crimson brown colour and was translucent.

"Its his Spirit Avatar!..." Sandra clenched her teeth. The Spirit Avatar was the signature feature of the Spirit Rank!

Following foot with the other black-clothed man, a ghastly shape erupted from the other man. This one glowed in a menacing grayish-black colour and took on the shape of some sort of ghostly figure that seemed fluid in its shape.

Against a foe that was two whole ranks above them, no matter how spectacular of a spell they attacked with, Sandra and Jared were doomed to fail. And so when the first Spirit Avatar, the one resembling some sort of bear, clashed with Sandra's Volcanic Eagle, the two stood at a stand-still for several moments before the Spirit Avatar burst through, throwing magma scattering.

Sandra looked on in horror as this happened. Though she had wholly expected this, it still pained her as it seemed to paint the hopelessness she was feeling in a true light. Things didn't improve when she saw in her periphery the scene of the ghastly Spirit Avatar of the other black-clothed man whirling around Jared, dealing several nasty cuts before flinging him roughly into a nearby boulder which busted into debris and smoke.

The students cried out behind them, also losing all hope.

The black-clothed man who had clashed with Sandra recalled his Spirit Avatar, the form of the bear receding into his chest area. With daunting steps his frame got closer and closer to Sandra, who was so tense her legs couldn't even shake in her fear. Yet, she had never been one to take a threat lying down. She would fight to the bitter end!

Without hesitation she leapt forth, all the while chanting a spell that formed magma that extended from her right fist, coating it in a demonic looking form. She swung this demonic magma fist in an arc towards the black-clothed man, only for it to be blocked effortlessly by a translucent barrier, her hand could only dig in a cm in this thick barrier. The worse part was that this barrier suddenly extended, entrapping her arm and forcing her there. She had no escape!

"Hahaha, you should have ran while you had a chance!" The black-clothed man laughed sinisterly as the dark frame of his hand came inching closer towards her. Despite being just a normal hand, she couldn't hold back the thought that this hand looked more demonic than the one on her right hand right at this moment.

'Like you'd let any of us run...' Sandra smiled bitterly internally.

Clench!

Sandra let out a hoarse, pained voice as she was grabbed roughly by the throat, all before being lifted and then sent crashing into the earthly ground below.

"Guaaaah!" Sandra cried out in pain, tears threatening to pour from her hazy eyes. She was only a ten year old in the end, and her emotions weren't as easy as control as she would like.

With a sinister laugh, the black-clothed man seemed to take enjoyment in her pain as he leaned down to her ear, a grin showing through the minute gap in his black get-up.

"This is your fault, you know... If only you had played your part properly, none of you would have had to suffer like this!" The man's croaky voice sounded in her ears, causing an electric shock of realisation to run through her, a look of despair darkening her features afterwords. The black-clothed man simply laughed more maniacally at the sight, licking his lips playfully.

Sandra's despair was interrupted by the sound of several squeals and pained cries behind her, lifting herself enough to see, she saw the further despairing sight of all the students being held down by several vines, all covered in spikes that dug into the children's flesh. This horrific spell was seemingly created by the other black-clothed man.

"Don't worry, only a few of you will suffer. The one's who have angered the wrong person." The black-clothed man continued, his voice sounding gleeful. A deep contrast to the feeling of despair coursing through Sandra at this moment. The black-clothed man's voice didn't stop there as his sinister voice continued in her ear. "Also, it'll just be a few scars. Just a few..."

Meanwhile, the erected barrier that was created to protect the students was fully dissipated as some of the other black-clothed men from outside began to saunter over, the adults having all been held down at this time as well.

Sandra closed her eyes and hiccuped, the tears had begun to fall against her will. When they opened again they saw the sight of the black-clothed man who was hovering over her raising a sharp metallic knife. It was going to descend upon her, digging into her flesh. Despite this, she looked at this sight numbly. She was not going to give them the pleasure of hearing her scream!

At was at this moment when things seemed gloomiest, that the contrasting sound of a young girl's voice spread throughout the area, arriving in the ears of every single one of them, speaking words that suited more an elderly person than that of a young girl.

"What a bunch of black-bellied bullies, leave those kids alone you bunch of over-sized Brats!"

51