Chapter 74: Ghost Walker Medallion (2)
2.1k 1 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At this moment, the Beast-Eyed killer was looking off into the distance, into the darkness of the Thistle Forest in front of him. That was until he turned to look at a certain figure who stood at his side.

This figure was an extremely tall man, even more-so than the Beast-Eyed Killer. But in contrast to the Beast-Eyed Killer's muscular frame, he was rather lanky and thin. He was dressed in a dark blue suit and trousers, and upon his thin head, wore a black bowler hat that seemed to cast his face in a constant, unnatural shadow that shrouded his features. White gloves covered his hands, making it so that there was not a single gap in the man's clothing that showed off his skin.

By the man's side was the familiar figure of the man who had initiated the contract with the Beast-Eyed Killer to kidnap Andria back in Skyview City. His eyes were constantly facing downwards, not daring to look at the figure slightly in front of him for even a second.

"I have to say, you have rather shocked me. I hadn't expected you to lend us such a helping hand in this mission. I thought your lot didn't want to get involved in this." the Beast-Eyed Killer spoke, his voice raspy and cold. "To think you not only sent such a powerful Rune Master such as yourself to create a untraceable barrier around this house, but you actually lent us a Pulsing Item."

"Those were my orders." The lanky man spoke in a gruff voice that held the slightest hints of being modified. "The master had learned rumours of the girl's potential."

"Ha, so you first requested this task lightheartedly. But now that your master has gained new info, this little task has become a bigger priority... I see..." The Beast-Eyed killer's eyes flashed with a mysterious gleam at this information. 'Maybe I can try to squeeze out some more from these guys, seeing as its so important to them.'

"Alright then, I have already set up the barrier and your man has been handed the medallion. It is about time I depart." With that, the lanky man pulled out a scroll which he unravelled. Rather similar to the scroll used by those men in black who had attacked the members of Hawk Academy, the scroll turned to ash before forming into a Void Portal. "We will return tomorrow when the task is done. Fail us, and if they don't kill you, we will!"

With those vicious words, the lanky man entered the portal, followed shortly after by the man who was continuously standing by his side. In a matter of seconds, the portal had dissipated, leaving only the members of Beast-Eyed Killer's gang behind in the confines of the dilapidated house.

"Tch!" The Beast-Eyed Killer tutted but said nothing else on the matter. It was clear to him that he couldn't offend people who had such rich resources. Plus, the man was long gone anyway.

His frustration was swept away however by the thought of capturing the little spoiled brat of the Wilderwolf family. He had specifically asked what condition they wanted her in, and the lanky man's response was short but decisive.

"Alive, all limbs attached."

"Gahaha..." The Beast-Eyed Killer laughed nastily at this thought.

He was a man who knew no better thrill than beating up those rich and proud nobles and watching how their pride fell and loves to watch as despair slowly overcame them. Children were no exception.

★★★

Back in the Wilderwolf encampment, a foreign figure walked brazenly passed a Wilderwolf soldier, one of the many left on watch guard for the night. This man was the familiar Savre who relished in stealth of thievery.

Despite his brazen entrance, the Wilderwolf soldier didn't react any differently than usual, simply standing on watch with a stern expression with a stern gaze. Seeing this, Savre couldn't help the sinister laugh that escaped his mouth. Except, despite his lips moving as such, no sound was actually released, only the natural sounds of the forest could be heard.

Savre didn't find this odd however as he took hold of a bronze coloured medallion that was currently around his sleek neck in his nimble hands.

'This Ghost Walker Medallion is truly deserving of its grade as a Pulsing Grade Item!' Savre marvelled at the medallion as he ran his thumb over its ridges. On the medallion was the figure of a swirled, ghoul like figure that was twisted and haunting in its image and presence. If one looked closely enough, one would also notice that this figure was made out of deeply integrate runes that were minuscule in size, amazingly blending to form the drawing of the ghost-like figure.

Dropping the medallion out of his hands so that it laid dangling from his neck, Savre returned his attention to the path set out ahead of him, where he was slowly encroaching on one of the many tents in this encampment...

40