17: Berries and Affinities.
1.9k 11 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alan was so calm and giving zero flying fucks, that even the daughter of the noble the adventurers were escorting came to talk with him. She said something about being more friendly with the other adventurers, he just smiled at her and said that he would do his job and kill things, not make friends. After saying that he offered her some tea but she refused and went back to her carriage, Alan just smiled under his teacup and continued to relax until it was time to continue. They all walked after and before the carriage, maintaining the carriage in the middle.

After hours of walking, they reached the deep part of the forest. This was also part of Alan's forest! He smiled for a bit feeling the trees welcoming him back and telling him what happened while he was out for some time. It seems that to arrive at their destination, they need to pass by his forest. His forest, to be honest, covers half of the continent! Some Elven cities, Fairie cities, Human cities, and even a Dwarven city is inside his domain. Alan then remembered that he may have a high affinity for Space magic because he can teleport to wherever his forest goes... He may use a lot of mana just to teleport from point A to point B, but he can certainly do that! Also, he remembered that he had the [Yggdrasil Affinity] race trait...

'I should look at it...' That was what Alan thought just before looking at the description of this racial feat on his status:

=======================================

[Race Tratis]

[Yggdrasil Affinity: {Unique Trait} Increases your affinity for:

[Earth Magic]

[Life Magic]

[Light Magic]

[Water Magic]

[Plant Magic]

[Space Magic]

[Dimensional Magic]

[Gravity Magic]

[Soul Magic]

[Domain Magic]

This trait also decreases your affinity towards: 

[Dark Magic]

[Death Magic]

[Fire Magic]

[Explosion Magic]

=======================================

'[Domain Magic]? And what's the difference between [Space Magic] and [Dimensonal Magic]?' Alan was more confused than before... [Gravity Magic] was something good, he could think about himself creating and controlling a black hole, destroying everything that he didn't like. Or maybe not? Anyway, he now needs to find out about more things... First, the difference between Space and Dimensional magic... Second, he to learn them what is exactly [Soul Magic] because the concept of soul is very vague... Next, he needs to learn all of the new magic he knows he can do. And do all this before the next demon king or queen arrives!

Sadly he can't use red robes, grab a magic staff and go around shouting "Explosion" while using magic to explode things, his affinity towards [Fire Magic], [Death Magic], [Dark Magic], and [Explosion Magic] is decreased by the same trait that increases his affinities. Following the group, he quickly went deeply into the forest, after hours of travel they had to set camp! Alan smiled a bit and used his [Wood Manipulation] to make the log of the tree open a hole big enough so he can sleep inside, he used his [Water Magic] to create water and take a bath, [Plant Magic] to make fruits and eat (which he doesn't necessarily need to do), and also made fluffy cocoons and with them, he made a comfortable bed.

He was very carefree about this whole thing, he also made a staircase inside the tree leading to the top of the tree that was big, very very big! This part of Alan's domain has a lot of [Plant] type mana, which makes the plants grow more than they normally would, making the tree he is in higher than 20 feet (6 Meters), he also used his [Wood Manipulation] and [Root Works] to control the branches and vines of the tree (for some reason, vines were also controllable by the [Root Works] skill...), making an outlook that he could use to watch the surrounding area. He could obviously see the envious looks he received when he entered the tree, he also made a door at the hole he "carved" through the tree so he could leave later.

Alan was lying on his wooden chair when he heard the knock on his door, he was knitting with two wooden needles that had half the size of his arms, he was making a hat for a bug creature, he wanted to have a giant creature to live by his territory... For some reason, he had this sensation that made him happy to see animals and magic monsters living beside his main body. So he was planning to be like a Pokemon trainer and catch 'em all! Opening the door, Alan saw the same dwarven lady that attacked him earlier this day, he could clearly see her but he acted as he didn't see her. "Strange. I could swear someone was knocking on the door..." Alan avoided looking at the dwarf lady and peeked his head outside, looking right and left, then saying: "I think I'm hearing things..." And closed the door on the dwarven lady's face.

Dwarfs don't like to have someone making fun of their size, so when Alan did this he obviously wanted to piss the dwarven Miria off. He didn't know what she wanted from him, but he wasn't on the mood to do something for someone who attacked him earlier for almost no reason. Miria almost destroyed the door with her war hammer, but she calmed down and knocked on the door again. "Okay. What do you want?" Opening the door again, Alan looked down at the dwarven lady who sighed. She then did something that made Alan surprised... "I'm sorry for attacking you earlier for no reason." Dwarfs are extremely hardheads, they won't admit their error no matter what! So, if a dwarf says sorry for you... Then she or he is deeply sorry. Alan's expression continued cold and expressionless, but his heart was really shocked! Not only he was, but also the other adventures that saw and heard this were completely stunned.

"Okay. I accept your apology... Want to enter and have a drink?" Elfs normally like to invite people to have a drink of tea, Alan was not different from them but Dwarfs like heave alcoholic drinks, so he was going to give her deep Rumberrie juice. Rumberrie is a berrie that has a high concentration of alcohol and is very sweet, Dwarfs normally use this kind of berrie to make the most delicious and famous dwarven drink: Dragonblood! Dragonblood is an alcoholic drink that also has the same effect as a healing potion but with more continuous effect, normal healing potions heal instantly but Dragonblood heals continuously for weeks! This drink was invented by a Dwarven Alchemist that wanted to help his people, principally those who worked at the mines and returned to their homes tiredly. With this continuous healing effect of the drink, dwarven miners can mine for days, weeks! Plus it is really fragrant and delicious. "I have some Rumberries with me. But it's up to you... You may or may not be strong enough to handle pure Rumberrie juice, are you?"

The dwarven lady smiled. With no hesitation, she walked forward and entered the tree. Later that night, the same dwarven Miria left the tree completely drunk. Alan had to give her to the female elf that gave him a confused gaze, she seemed to remember what happened earlier that day and blushed. 'Is she a masochist?' Alan thought before returning to his tree. Later that night, something caught his attention... Someone was trying to enter his tree.

29