Chapter 01: Death and Resurrection
4.1k 8 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, my name is Alan Stephen. I'm 22 years old... And... I died recently. Yeah, exactly one minute ago. I was on a ship, on a cruise ship to be specific... Well, what simply happened was a giant wave destroyed the ship and I died drowning. Not only me, almost one hundred people died. What happened to the others that were on the ship with me? I don't know. I don't care. Important is that now- "Hello you all. My name is-" Yeah, like those isekai novels I will be reincarnated into another world by this... God? I think it is God. Well, a Goddess... Let's skip this part because she is just explaining what happened... A tsunami, ship shink, death. That's It. Wait, maybe she can hear my troughs!? I look at the beautiful Goddess... It seems like she didn't hear my thoughts... Okay then, she makes a white circle and several people just walk toward it, disappearing completely... 'So this is how they reincarnate...' I thought while looking at the beautiful light spheres floating around the white circle after all the hundred people touched the circle and disappeared, it was my turn.

The Goddess looks at me like she looked at all the reincarnates and says what she said to everyone: "I hope you enjoy your next life." I nod and step toward the white circle, and it suddenly changes color! The Goddess gasp surprised, I could hear her saying: "T-this is rare... I don't believe 'he' would do this... Good luck, my child." I looked at her confused, but before I could ask who 'he' was, a green light involves my vision and I faint...

I don't know how much time passed since I fainted, but when I woke up I was in a forest. The beautiful green trees, leaves, plants, grass... Everything around me was green. Including myself! Looking at my feet, I could see roots that go deep on the ground...  Something warm comes from those roots... What a wonderful sensation... 'Wait. Roots?' Snapping out of my enjoyment of that warm feeling, I look at my feet again. 'Roots?' I think again while touching my root feet. 'Am I not a human?' This was the first thought that came to my mind after touching my roots... 'Status?'

=======================================

[Status]

[Name: Alan] [Gender: Male] [Age: 0]

[Race: Dryad] [Lvl: 01] [Job: N/A]

[HP: 100/100] [MP: 200/200] [SP: 100/100]

[Str: 05] [Dex: 07] [Res: 09] [Spd: 04] [Vit: 05] 

[Defense: 10]

[Int: 08] [Mag. P: 07] [Mag. C: 08] [Mx M: 5] [Agi: 05]

[Magic Defense: 10]

-------------------------------------------------------------

[Skills]

[Active Skills]

[Tree-Eyes lvl 1] [Root Drainage lvl 1] [Root Bind lvl 1]

-------------------------------------------------------------

[Passive Skills]

[Tree Body lvl 1] [Photosynthesis lvl 1] [Tree Feeling lvl 1]

-------------------------------------------------------------

[Magic Skills]

[Active Skills]

[N/A]

-------------------------------------------------------------

[Passive Skills]

[N/A]

-------------------------------------------------------------

[Titles]

[N/A]

-------------------------------------------------------------

[Race Traits]

[True Tree Body: Gives the skill [ Tree Body], [Photosynthesis], and [Tree Feeling]. Making your true body a tree. If the tree dies, you die.]

[Plant Affinity: Increases your magic affinity for [Plant Magic] [Earth Magic] [Water Magic] [Light Magic] and [Life Magic].]

======================================= 

'It worked!? Wait? Dryad? I am a forest spirit...? That's... Different... My name still here... Why? Shouldn't I lose my name when I reincarnate? Job... I have no job, magic skill... Nah. Skills... [Root Bind], [Root Drainage], and [Tree-Eyes]? Let me see the details of this' [Look the {Alan Status}] chapter]

(Third POV)

Looking at the information about his Race Trait, Skills, and Status, Alan was satisfied and wanted to try his skills... But he didn't know that I was so hard to move around with his new body! He tried to control the roots that were his feet to transform into human feet... Talking about human, his appearance was very human-like. Beside his feet that were completely roots, Alan's torso was like a human, just his skin is a little greenish... Alan wanted to try to find a water pod or something like that but, he couldn't. He looked behind himself and saw a tree, he felt some kind of connection with this tree... Like it was a part of himself... Like he needed to protect this tree with his life because it was his life. It was his [Tree Body]... Alan was worried about his tree, but he was worried that won't be strong enough to be able to protect his tree... He was in a dilemma.

He wanted to be strong, but he is scared that his body would be hurt while he was away... While Alan was lost in his thoughts, several animals were looking at him, when Alan finally felt it, he smiled because he knew one thing: 'Dryads are forest spirits, so they need to protect the animals and plants of the forest...' The animals were curious about Alan, they felt like Alan was their friend, and at the same time, he was a home bodyguard... That was strange for them... Alan suddenly felt something strange, something evil was near! He didn't know why, but all the animals started to flee! Alan looked behind and saw a boar, this boar had black skin and red eyes, some kind of black miasma was... Emanating from it, Alan felt danger from that boar, but he couldn't flee and abandon his body! Alan used his skill [Root Bind] and from the ground, several roots warped around the black-misted boar, Alan didn't hesitate and activated his [Root Drainage] skill.

He felt something disgusting being absorbed by his roots... It almost made him throw up! While Alan was dizzy, the boar freed himself and was rushing toward him, its speed was getting faster and faster! Alan was surprised that a boar could run like that, he said to use [Root Bind] again, but the boar dodged. Alan then noticed it, [Root Bind] was slow to activate. It was very troublesome... Alan couldn't hit the boar. 'So... If I can't hit it... Let it hit me!' Thought Alan while stopping and looking directly at the boar, who saw this opening and rushed toward Alan, a black aura formed around the boar while he was running toward Alan, Alan felt his instincts shouting to him: 'Move your idiot! Get out the way! You will die!' But Alan ignored it and didn't move away, he stayed there. Waiting... Then, *bam!* The boar hits Alan.

59