Chapter 08: Black Miasma
2.3k 5 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After getting his new [Job] and skills, Alan started to make spears and swords. But this time he wasn't using his wood powers to create wood swords or wood spears, he was creating magical wood spears. What's the difference between a wood spear and a magical wood spear? A magical item and an item had own difference: Mana. When using mana on a magic item, a specific aspect of the item will be activated, like a spear made with a fire mana fire, when infused with mana it will create flames! So Alan was trying his new skill [Mana Crystal Create]. This skill basically uses Alan's mana and crystalizes it, so it can be touched physically. But because Alan has 5 affinities, he can make 5 different types of mana crystals! [Earth Mana Crystal], [Water Mana Crystal], [Light Mana Crystal], and [Life Mana Crystal]. Alan doesn't know how to use [Non-Elemental] magic, but he failed miserably when he tried... Anyway, Alan was trying to create a good weapon that he could use a spear and a sword... Or a sword that could transform into a spear... That's a great idea! But to do it, he needs to know how to forge a magic item. Alan started with basic, he carved some patterns on a wooden sword.

On that wooden sword, Alan placed a [Mana Crystal: Earth] on the sword. He could see brown mana flowing by the patterns he made, slowly covering the whole sword. "If I'm not mistaken... There's a skill that those who have the [Swordsman] job has... It is called [Mana Blade], using it, the user's mana covers the blade of his weapon in mana, so it can hit physical damage immune monsters like [Ghosts]." Alan was murmuring to himself while trying to change the way that the mana was flowing on the sword, he tried to change the patterns he made and learned that just some of them could work... If he carved something just on the blade of the sword, the mana will flow just on the blade and it will cut easily... But if he focuses the patterns on the handler of the sword, the balance and weight of the sword will be stabilized. Making it a good sword for training... Alan had so many options to try! He suddenly started to look forward to the next Demon Lord... 

One week later, Alan was testing the new spear he made, he collected metals from the underground with [Earth Magic] and carved with some beautiful patterns, those patterns were a special type of pattern that could expand the 'spear' making it bigger. But there's a plot twist when Alan made this 'spear', his [Job] went to the [2nd Grade] and he received some skills, but let's talk about the spear:

=======================================

[Magical Item:Sworper] [Quality: Rare] [Durability: 500/500] [Enchantment: (Sharpness: + 5) (Stability: +5)]

[Stats: +10 (Dex) +12 (Spd)]

[Rank: B]

[A sword enchanted with a magic rune that makes it expand, transforming itself into a spear when infused with mana.]

----------------------------------------------------------

[Job Lvl Up!]

[New Skills Unlocked]

[New Skill: Mana Rune: Uses mana to create patterns, those patterns can work as mana veins, a mana crystal will serve as a mana core. Different mana crystals and different mana veins make it difficult to work.]

[New Magic: Non-Elemental Magic: A magic that uses pure mana. It is a little harder to unlock than the others magics because you need to control your mana and remove all impurities from it.]

=======================================

Alan sighed because it wasn't good enough to fight a Demon Lord if necessary... While lost on his thoughts on how to improve his craftmanship, Alan heard the system saying:

=======================================

[Emergency Quest!]

[Demonic Miasma Breakdown!]

[A huge amount of black demonic miasma is gathering in one place. It is trying to break space and invoke a Demon Lord! Please, help us to destroy it!]

[Rewards: Memory Back (Memory Loss Immunity skill)/ Random Unique Skill]

[By Yggdrasil God]

=======================================

It took some seconds before Alan shouted: "WHAT!?" And started to search for the location of the black miasma, he started to connect his body with all the trees of the forest using his passive skill [Tree Network] and everything that was happening entered his head. After one minute he found the location and used his skill [Tree Transportation] and a portal appeared beside his main body, Alan didn't hesitate and jumped inside it in one go! When he appeared on the other side, he felt terrible, almost all the trees were dead, the grass was black, the air... Was terrible. Alan looked around and saw several humans with black robes around a circle, this circle was like the magic circle that reincarnated him, but it was black... Alan saw them using their own blood and a black miasma surged from the black magic circle and disappeared, focusing on the leader if them, the leader was using a red robe with a golden staff on hands, looking at Alan like when someone looks at a bug... With disgust.

Alan jumped behind because he felt something coming from the ground and after he jumped a black bone appeared where he was! Alan was stunned but he didn't lose his focus and started to use [Light Magic] and remove the black miasma... But when he used [Holy Grounds], the miasma didn't disappear, it grew stronger! Alan sighed because he saw the human absorbing his light magic and using it to reinforce the black miasma. Alan tried to kill the humans, but the leader of them used some kind of spell that destroyed Alan's magic and it didn't work... Alan was running out of ideas when he used: [Light Magic: Holy Ground], [Life Magic: Purify Ground], [Light Magic: Light Descend]. First, the ground shone with white light, next, the white light fused with a yellowish light. And then a giant light sphere started to fall from the sky! Alan controlled the magical he used on the ground and the miasma started to get weaker and weaker. 

When the giant light sphere touched the miasma, it started to simply disappear. Everything disappeared into white color for some seconds before Alan could see the ground again, the black grass died and the dead trees disappeared... But it wasn't the end.

32