Chapter : 26 Pretty Girls Are Most Likely Killers
2 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was only eating. The event that Chen Zhao expected never happened.

However, they'd still left their numbers. Chen Zhao believed that they weren't pure white lotuses.

Actually, they'd already mentally prepared themselves when they'd come to Hollywood. However, Irwan clearly took care of Shalian, so they would have to talk about the other stuff later.

Irwan took Chen Zhao to the elevator. "When do you have time?"

"I'm free most of the time."

"Okay, then I'll contact you later."

The elevator stopped after a few floors and two people walked in. Chen Zhao could feel two pairs of eyes staring at him. When he turned around, the two didn't avert their eyes and continued staring.

"Do we know each other?"

"No."

"Is there something on my body or face?"

Chen Zhao glanced at himself and discovered that there was blood on the corner of his clothes. He'd gotten stained at those sisters' house just then.

"Oh, you're looking at this? It's not my blood. I'm a doctor."

The two didn't reply. Chen Zhao just wanted to get on the car home and take a hot shower.

However, the moment the elevator stopped at the first floor and the door opened, the two people pounced on him. They tackled him to the ground. A few police officers also appeared outside and pointed at Chen Zhao's forehead.

"Don't move!" And then Chen Zhao had handcuffs on.

"I'm not a criminal. I didn't break any laws…"

A tall black guy walked in. Chen Zhao looked up and saw Melson!

"Melson!"

"Chen, how come it's you?"

"I'm asking you! Why are you doing this to me? What did I do wrong?"

Looking at the two immobilizing Chen Zhao, Melson said, "Jimmy, Taeg, what's going on?"

"Head, he has blood on him and we suspect that the killer hasn't left this building yet. We have reason to suspect that he's the killer."

Melson looked at the blood on Chen Zhao's shirt. "Chen, can you tell me what's going on?"

"I have a patient up there," Chen Zhao said. "The patient has a sister too. Maybe they can prove my innocence. You know…I'm a doctor."

After thinking, Melson said, "What floor does your patient live on?"

"Seventy-eighth floor, room 7802."

"Can we go visit them again?"

"Of course." Chen Zhao had to erase the suspicion on him immediately, so he could only take Melson and the other officers back to the 78th floor.

However, Melson still owed Chen Zhao for many things, so he un-cuffed him.

Ding, dong.

"Irwan, it's me, Chen. Can you open the door?"

No response.

Chen Zhao pressed the bell again, but there was still no response. "Weird. Why aren't they opening the door?"

"Chen, are you sure this is the right room and floor?"

"I'm sure."

"Then why aren't they opening the door?"

"I don't know."

Melson walked over and knocked. "Is anyone home? This is the police. We need you to cooperate."

"Oh, I have their number. I can try calling them."

Chen Zhao called the number they gave, but still no one answered.

"How is it?"

"No one's answering."

"Head, I think I hear a phone ringing."

Melson's expression changed. "Move aside."

With that, Melson hit his pistol on the lock and forced the door open. The blood in the room was obvious, but it was empty of people.

There was only a phone on the table that kept ringing.

"Where are they? Where did they go?"

Melson's expression was dark. "They're the true killers. We were all fooled."

Chen Zhao finally made sense of everything now too. The pair of sisters weren't actresses chasing their dreams at all. They were murderers.

They'd killed someone, but the younger sister was injured. If they tried to escape, they wouldn't be able to go far, so they found an empty room and tricked Chen Zhao over. Then they made up a story to fool them.

They'd made him stay for a meal because they were worried that Chen Zhao would run into the police if he left. Shalian couldn't move either. She had to rest.

Now, they'd delayed long enough so that Shalian could move, and then they let Chen Zhao go and attract the police while they could escape.

One had to admit that even though the plan seemed simple, it wasn't easy to execute. They had to face Chen Zhao so calmly in that kind of situation. Plus, they'd performed their roles as two conflicting yet loving sisters so realistically.

Chen Zhao had fallen into their trap the moment Irwan had said she was a nameless actress. He'd believed that they were telling the truth since the beginning.

As expected, Chen Zhao was brought to the police station. However, the blood on his clothes proved his innocence.

According to Melson, there were four bodies at the scene. This meant that the siblings had killed four people, but the younger sister was injured.

They'd found the blood of five people. After comparing the blood, they confirmed that the blood on Chen Zhao matched the missing fifth person.

"Where's Gerlyn? At the station?"

"She's at the hospital."

"She's hurt?"

"No, she's responsible for the female killer you caught today."

"Oh. When can I leave?"

"It's alright now. You can leave after signing this."

Chen Zhao said what he had to and described the appearances of the two suspects. Chen Zhao wasn't under suspicion, so he was naturally released.

He'd thought that he was lucky today. He'd met two Hollywood actresses and if they became famous, they might be able to develop into one-night stands.

But they ended to be a pair of murderers. Thankfully, they didn't want to kill him. Or rather, he could be taken advantage of, so they didn't kill him.

Chen Zhao felt that America was super dangerous. He'd met three beauties today, but each was scarier than the last.

Thankfully, he was still alive… This was the luckiest part out of his unlucky day.

As Chen Zhao rode home, Gerlyn called.

"Gerlyn, are you asking me out to dinner?"

"No. I have bad news for you," Gerlyn said solemnly.

Please don't say Kelly escaped. Please don't say Kelly escaped. Please don't say Kelly escaped.

"That female killer escaped. You better be careful. She might look for you for revenge."

F*ck. Whatever I'm scared of becomes real…

1