Interlude 8
4.7k 8 164
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Interlude 8

(Logan receive a letter)

 

Dear Mister Howlett,

You don't know me but I know you, my name is Sarah Kinney and I wanted to tell you about our daughter. But before that, let me tell you how she came about. I am a geneticist, previously employed by a parent program of the Weapon Plus Project called the Facility whose goals were, similar to the Weapon X program, to create genetically altered weapons and soldiers.

Under the direction of the late Adam Harkins, Dr. Rice and Dr. Martin Sutter, we created a clone of you; I want to apologize to you, as I now completely understand this is a violation of your being. At the time I was a zealous and career focused individual who didn’t think about the ethics of what I was about to do. You see, to recreate the original Weapon X experiment, we used the only available genetic sample from Weapon X, which was damaged; we were unable to salvage the Y chromosome after twenty-two attempts.

Unfortunately, I found a work around, and by using some of my own genetic material to complete the process, I created a female clone. As I did this behind the back of doctor Rice, the project leader, I was forced to bear the viable female embryo of your clone after creating it. Nine months later, I gave birth to X-23. Raised in captivity, X-23 was trained to be a weapon and a very effective one.

I had to sneak and manipulate my colleagues to offer her some semblance of humanity and social skills, all her life people have been treating her like a thing. It had become more and more unbearable to me as she grew up. But after they had activated her X-gene, and forcibly extracted her claws and coated them with Adamantium, I decided that I had enough of them hurting my flesh and blood and planned their destruction. I bombed the facility and escaped with the help of an acquaintance we have in common. I won’t mention her name as we don’t know if this letter will be intercepted, we are, after all, currently on the run from the government.

X-23 is a seven years old girl that I named Laura, she is my daughter and we wish for you to at least know that she exists. I am enclosing a photo of Laura and myself so you can see what we look like. We have also sent you a prototype smartphone that is keyed to you. You can use it if you would like to contact us. Please reach out to me if you want to have any say in how Laura is raised. I am a flawed woman and I realize that I can’t do it alone.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Sarah Kinney.

 

P.S : Look for a certain girl who gave you back your name, if you would like to meet us face to face.

 

So, I released the rest of the Interludes because chapter 15 part 1 is soon going to be released on patreon, it's in the hands of the editors. Have fun with those plot advancing interludes lol.

164