Chapter 2: Are we Sacrifices?
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As they all are in what appears to be an airlock with Mr. Ford inputting the code to open the magalocked door, a robotic female voice spoke,” Thank you on behalf of all of the Texas System for your sacrifice during our time of need. Current weather level: Hell. Probability of success: 01%. Odd of survival: .0001%”

“I really don’t understand why they made the system said the first part instead of an actual person like the elevator, that the more ..humane”. Welma spoke.

“It because they no want have been the last person to speak to them before they die on their conscious”, Mr. Ford spoke.

“So how many of this type of mission you been on?”, Lil’Angelas spoke as he leaned against the wall.

“Two and in each one I was the sole survival. And one that was Rated X and would have lost my lost during it, if Darer King didn’t save me.”

“Wait you saw them, so you saying they are a man!”, Scotty spoke with fascination plastered on his face just like the other.

“I can’t confirm nor denied for the safety of my life. All I can say they were there, and it was what everyone called ‘New Ohio section disaster” and that all I will ever talked about it since I lost great friends that day and still couldn’t get over their death.”, Mr. Ford spoke as everyone gasped and he opened the door.

Everyone on Earth including the Floating Island Conclave, China system, the underwater city of Civil hope, and even the people who dared to lived outside of any of them knew about since it would lead to the American System to collapsed leading to society infrastructure, technological, valuable resource (including raw materials food and the world only server farm), and 75% of humanity population on Earth(75%= around 60 Billion people) to be gone or crippled for over 50 decade. Close to have the same destruction as the event that kicked of the current age named, The aged of the loss.

                The scene which would be seen as a horror to anyone in the early 2000’s is common sight to behold in the 2550’s. A sky filled with dense cloud that barely allowed any sunlight through, miles long roof in any direction over 2000 feet above ground, ruins of building of old barely preventing themselves from falling while over a dozen of hurricanes surround the building as rain pours down being moved by the harsh winds.

“I always wonder what was those weird building are from, could they probably from one of the floating island dropping a building because I can’t see how they could be built directly where they stand.”, Welma.

“Dumbass education you received. These building are actually made over 350 years ago in humanity supposedly age of harmony.”, Mr. Ford spoke frankly as the other followed him on the rooftop.

“So they built villages of buildings? That seem wasteful and dangerous, how could they live like that with the weather?”, Lil’Angelas inquired.

“ Of course not, they were a part of what was called a  city which was a collection of numerous different type of building where they waste land instead of building upward and never though of building a sections since they deemed it worthless and expensive. Also during that time, weather like this used to be impossible, and they used have day where there were no cloud at all just like the floating island which lay above the clouds except being able to see the sun on the ground.”, Mr. Ford spoked with happiness.

“How do you know so much?”, Welma spoke with surprised like the rest of them.

“My Great-great-grandparents are two of the few immortals who actually become one to passed on humanity history and culture. They told me stories of the world before the Age of Loss, especially about some country called United States of America and how flourishing it was. I also learned from them that majority of Sections of the American System are named after the States in which they were built in like this one. And did you know that there things called arid desert which are area of land in which is dry and barely had any water” , Mr. Ford answer.

“So do you know what cities these building a part of?”, Welma inquired.

“I think they said it was either Las Vegas, Houston, or Dallas? I keep on forgetting which it was. But enough history lesson. From what data I could recover from the terminal is that Section 5 relay was badly damage resulting in section 3 Weather Deflection system being offline for not having enough power or protection to last in this weather. So, everyone go to Section 5 while I go to Section 3 to manually turn on the WDS once you walkie the okay. Dared to live!”. Mr. Frost spoked.

“””“Dared to Live!””””, the rest respond together for good luck on their success.

0