Chapter 8
8.1k 5 99
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Yaaaaawwwwwn.' Vanessa had just woken from a very satisfying nap, after feeling rays of early morning sunlight creep its way across her face.

'Well at least nothing came into the cave and tried to eat me.' Vanessa thought.

After making such a loud racket last night outside the cave Vanessa had expected to be woken up multiple times in the night by some random hungry intruder looking for a meal but she had been pleasantly proven wrong.
"I guess either the sound didn't travel far enough or something." Vanessa surmised her mind now fully awake and alert.

Vanessa looked over and saw that Laura was still asleep and chuckled slightly.
'Looks like someone isn't a morning person.' Vanessa concluded making sure to keep that in mind later on so as to not incur her wrath, if she were ever stupid enough to wake her in the mornings, knowing full well the extent of pain she would inflict on her if she ever did.

'After all, if she is anything like Amanda in the mornings, then I'll just leave her be I'd rather not be turned into a human pretzel again.' Vanessa thought, finishing her monologue she eased out of the makeshift bed as quietly as she possibly could and went outside the cave to see how late in the morning it was. As she exited the cave and concentrated on the sky, she noticed something surprising.

In the corner of her vision, were two notification for her and unlike all the others they were very odd in appearance. One was glowing and slightly pulsating in a way that looked as if it was begging to be opened. The other was solid black with a red aura surrounding it. Vanessa was intrigued at seeing these out of the ordinary notifications.

"Ok I know they are not notifications from when I was checking my skills, hmmm... oh I remember know one of these notifications arrived when I was going to sleep last night after ... that incident, and I guess the other one must have arrived while I was asleep," Vanessa said aloud, reminded of what she had experienced the previous night and becoming slightly misty-eyed at the memory.

"W-well anyway let's see what they are about." Vanessa thought and opened the black notification bubble at random.

Congratulations!!!, you have unlocked a new ability!!!
Ability Name: Emotional Presence
Ability level: Max
Ability Description: You have been able to project your emotion to such an extreme degree that you are now able to project your emotion outward from your body passively with varying effect according to the emotion.
Ability Effects: Effects are determined by the emotion that is chosen. The emotion that is chosen can be altered even in battle.
Emotions:
Fear-Enemies that are aggressive toward you will feel fear, causing them to avoid you.
Rage- The rage that you emit will bolster your allies strength. (only affects allies)
Sorrow- Enemies that would be aggressive to you will have their vision impaired
Happiness- weaker beings that are aggressive to you will no longer be aggressive towards you, and may even become friendly towards you unless you anger or abuse them to an extreme extent.
Murderous- You emit an aura so saturated with bloodlust and vengeance that all creatures weaker then you will be frozen and unable to move at your very presence. (affects everyone)
Lust- Every pore in your body oozes sexuality and aphrodisiacs. This will attract anyone that you might be interested in and put them in a state of extreme arousal that only you can relieve. (affects only those you are sexually attracted to)

Vanessa was surprised, to say the least. After reading the ability multiple times she concluded that that wail she emitted last night might have actually done one of these effects to everyone that heard it instead of being a dinner bell for creatures in this forest that would want to eat her. And those were just her thoughts on how she obtained the ability, her thoughts on the ability itself were more of the slightly annoyed but grateful nature.

"Some of the effects would be useful but others are just ... yeah, let's just leave it at that, The Rage buff is good especially if Laura is able to make good use of it, the Sorrow one is gimmicky, to say the least, I bet their vision is impaired from crying or something, but at least it does something. Then there was Happiness which would probably be the most useful to avoid fights especially considering its a choice between that and Fear which Vanessa would feel depressed about emitting all the time not to mention it might affect her friends and then there was Murderous which affects everyone as it says in the description.

'And then there is ... 'gulp' Lust ...well it seems that could be useful in any other scenario but in combat but on the bright side at least it will make sex a lot more interesting.' Vanessa concluded, making her decision she selected the emotion Happiness, and then the notification disappeared.

' Hmm, it said I could alter the emotions in combat does that mean I just have to think of this ability and the emotion I want and it will change?' Vanessa thought

'Well It's not like I could test it on anyone except Laura at the moment, And I am definitely not going to even think about testing this ability on her on nothing but a whim.' Vanessa concluded, making a mental note to test her hypothesis the next time she is in a battle.

Vanessa then observed the final notification, "Well it's not like it can be more of a surprise that the last notification" Vanessa stated, in a slightly unsure manner, before selecting the pulsing gold notification.

You have been invited to the realm of the gods due to urgent circumstances you will now be transported to the realm of the gods in 3...2...1...

During this whole countdown, Vanessa could only think one thing.
"Well, that's what I get for planting that flag." Right before a pillar of light appeared on her location and with a resounding pop she landed on her knees in what looked to be the same location where she first met the gods of this world.

Vanessa had about a second to collect herself before she was instantly tackled to the ground catching her completely off guard.

"I'm so happy you're back!!" yelled the person tackled her, who Vanessa know realized was Vix who was now straddling Vanessa's waist all while cuddling her face into Vanessa's very well endowed chest.

Vanessa happy to see Vix's enthusiasm decided to spoil her little pet some more and proceeded to slowly pet Vix's ears causing the goddess to purr in what seemed to be bliss and slight arousal. Vanessa noticing this decided to tease her even more. Vanessa removed her hands from Vix's ears causing her to whimper in need slightly and begin to grind her hips into Vanessa's waist seeking more pleasure.

Vanessa noticing this leaned forward and whispered breathily into Vix's ears "Did you miss your mistress my little pet."

"Y-yes m-mistress I h-have so much I missed you so badly mistress." Moaned Vix looking at Vanessa with eyes that were saturated with need and lust.

Vanessa, not wanting to disappoint her pet decided to ask Vix a very important question. "Have you been a good girl?"

Vix, after hearing this nodded so enthusiastically that Vanessa worried she would sprain her neck "Yes mistress I've been a good girl. I haven't cussed at all the entire time you have been gone."

"Well if that's the case then It looks like I will have to reward you," stated Vanessa in a matter of fact tone, but then she leaned forward and whispered into her ear and said, "but you are still going to be punished for the clothing incident."

Vix, actually seemed to become more aroused at hearing this, began to grind her core into Vanessa's waist more fervently "Y-yes Mistress please I need to be punished I've been a very bad girl."

"That you have my little kitten, therefore, your punishment will be..."

At this point, Vix was practically humping herself against Vanessa anticipating her punishment

"... Nothing" And with a teasing smile she slowly removed Vix and proceeded to stand up. Vix looked like a spoiled child who didn't get what she wanted, but she also understood slightly why Vanessa was being more reserved.

The mental resistance ability had affected her emotional state a fairly large amount, leaving her with barely any negative emotions and heightening what's left of her emotions namely lust, happiness, and her more dominant personality. But know that it had been altered Vanessa, even though she still had those feelings, was more practical and reserved when it came to sex in general know.

And not only that, with the introduction of Laura, Vix could see that Vanessa was uncertain as to how she would react to Vanessa having more partners and would like to get a better grasp on the relationship in general. That is why even though she was slightly disappointed, Vix didn't feel like it was the end of the world because she knew that polygamy was quite common in their world and she will just have to wait for Vanessa to realize this and become slightly less reserved. Not to mention for Vix waiting was its own form of submissive pleasure for her,

"Hehe don't worry Vanessa you don't have to hide it I'll wait," responded Vix in a knowing tone.

Vanessa hearing this was touched, realizing that Vix understood what she was going through and that she was now in a calmer and slightly less horny state of mind thanks to that ability being altered.

'Thank you." stated Vanessa who offered her hand to Vix who was still on the floor and pulled her to her feet.

"Don't mention it but you better not keep me waiting too long or else I might become a 'bad girl' again," stated Vix who proceeded to walk away all while swaying her hips and tail in a way she knew Vanessa wouldn't be able to stop staring at.

Vanessa, as you can probably tell, was hypnotized from the tease Vix was giving her. And as she was staring she made sure to set a mental reminder to figure out her feelings as well as her standing with Laura as fast as possible.

"Well are you coming or not?" asked Vix breaking Vanessa away from her heated gaze on her ass.

"Y-yeah I'm coming," stated Vanessa jogging to catch up with Vix

"S-so why are we back in the void anyway I thought you guys had your own personal ... I don't know 'domains' or something." Inquired Vanessa

Vix paused slightly hearing this and explained, "This isn't the void, it's close but totally different we gods fear the void, its one of the few ways we can die which is why we never go there" stated Vix

Vanessa was confused slightly from the explanation.
"Then how did I go from the Void to this place and meeting you guys? and what is this place anyway?" Asked Vanessa curiously.

"We have no idea how you were able to travel from the void to here, we are still trying to find out how you were able to do so. And as for your second question this place is like excess space, you were right when you said we gods have 'domains' but there is excess area in all of our domains and this is it, in other words, this is a large piece of excess space that could become an immortal's domain if they meet specific requirements and therefore become a god." explained Vix

Vanessa was thankful for the explanation but it also raised another question.
"Wait you said an immortal could become a god how does that work?"

Vix was surprised at this question but answered none the less.
"Ohh right, sorry, forgot you are still new to this; an immortal can become a god if they meet a very specific set of requirements: first they have to somehow become a unique race that no other god has control over. Second, they need to be immortal obviously. Third, they need to be able to create more of their own race. Fourth they need a max level ability. Fifth they need to be able to come into contact with some sort of 'free domain' as you see here, and finally, they need to have five titles. Anyway why are you asking?" asked Vix who began to notice something off about Vanessa as she seemed to become paler and paler as Vix listed of the requirements.

Vanessa felt like all the air was sucked out of her voice it took everything she could to answer Vix.
"Look at my status."

Vix was slightly curious as to why that had anything to do with the conversation but decided to do it anyway.

Vanessa watched Vix's face closely, watching as slowly the gears turned in her head as she continued to monitor Vanessa's status more closely, and when it finally clicked Vix's jaw practically hit the floor.

"Y-you could become a GOD!!" yelled Vix.

99