Chapter 10
7.4k 6 100
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All was quiet in the field, the recent revelation of Vanessa's circumstances dumbfounding all the gods.

"S-so you're saying you're close to meeting the requirements?" asked Lunari in an astonished voice.

"Yeah, apparently all I need I need is one more title and access to some 'free domain' and I should meet all the requirements that Vix told me about," replied Vanessa.

All the gods looked as if they just saw Vanessa grow an extra head at this point.

"What?" asked Vanessa, wondering why her previous statement seemed to shock them even more than the reveal itself.

"Well you see..." started Lilith

"Its not uncommon for their to be immortals that have practically all the requirements or mortals to have nearly all the requirements, because when it comes down to it if you live long enough or are from a race with a long lifespan gaining a lot of titles, and having a max ranked ability, is not that uncommon." continued Lilith who looked at Cassandra to finish her statement.

"What we are all trying to say is that you have somehow finished the nearly impossible requirements first and the easiest requirements last." finished Cassandra

Vanessa was confused she didn't understand what they meant.

"What do you mean by impossible requirements and easy requirements exactly?"

"Gaining the required titles and a max rank ability are the easiest to obtain, it's the other requirements that are nearly impossible. Becoming your own unique race is a requirement that is nearly impossible without extreme amounts of body manipulation and half the time whatever they turned into is still ruled over by one of us gods or some other minor gods that live in the mortal realm," stated Nadia

"But you guys are the ones who said that you had to transmigrate me as a race that isn't under one of your domains?"

"Yes, you're right that is something we understood when we transmigrated you, in hindsight we all might have been secretly hoping you would gain the requirements and become a god at some point in the future. Which is why we allowed that to happen what we didn't expect however is for you to be able to gain he the other requirements in under a day!" exclaimed Lunari who seemed to get slightly worked up near the end.

Venator walked over and pinched Lunari's pointed ears causing her to yelp in shock.
"Don't mind her it's her races intellectual pride acting up, she's upset that her calculations were wrong which is why she's being a little abrasive right now."

"Don't worry about it even I'm surprised, trust me I never in a million years expected to be an immortal let alone a god," stated Vanessa.

Silence again took over the glade, this continued until Vanessa decided to break the awkward pause.
"Soooo ... what happens now?"

All the other gods were broken out of their contemplative stupor once more.

"Well since we are the reason you are in this predicament I guess we should at least give you the knowledge you will need now that nearly every kingdom is kind of searching for you in their own special ways," stated Vix who had been silent throughout most of the conversation.

This seemed to surprise all the other gods as well.
"What do you mean?" asked Venator.

"Well, while you were explaining to her about everything, I was monitoring the earth for a little bit because I felt a weird disturbance near the forbidden forest and well it seems that wail that Vanessa's presence did more than we thought."

All the other gods began to look off into the distance slightly for a couple of seconds and each one of them began to pale.

"What is going?" asked Vanessa, she hated being left out of the loop.

"I-it would seem that a large platoon from all the races are moving towards the forbidden forest," stated Cassandra who seemed to look like she was about to have another panic attack over what might occur again.

"THOSE FOOLS!!" yelled Lunari unable to contain her outrage.
"Didn't we all explicitly tell them what would happen, didn't we show them what would happen if they broke that rule," Lunari exclaimed

"I-i can't d-do it, not again I j-just got o-over l-last time I CAN'T go through that again!!" stated Cassandra who began to sob as she slowly went to her knees.

All the other gods seemed to be in the same boat, every one of them expressing some form of outrage and grief over what their race was about to force them to do. That is until they heard a confident voice.

"It's okay everything is going to be alright."

Hearing this all the gods looked over and saw Vanessa comforting Cassandra who looked like she was about to have a panic attack until Vanessa began to console her. All the other gods were silent upon hearing her words. They were all waiting for her to explain her statement, hoping against all hope that they all won't have to commit mass genocide to get their point across.

After she had finally calmed Cassandra down enough for her to stand without collapsing to her knees again. Vanessa stood and explained to all the other gods what she had meant.

"This is all my fault if I had thought more carefully about what would have happened when I released the restriction on that mental resistance ability none of the races would have been affected and one of this would have happened," explained Vanessa.

All the other gods looked as if they were about to interrupt her but she beat them to it.

"So it is my job to clean up my own mess not you guys." Vanessa looked at them with a reassuring smile.

"Just look at it as if I'm cleaning up my own mess." finished Vanessa.

"So ... what do you want us to do?" asked Vix who seemed to be getting more agitated.

'Her forces must be really close to entering the forest.' Vanessa thought before explaining her plan.

"Go down and meet your forces and explain to them that you will allow all of them to enter, and explain to them that there is now a new ruler of the forbidden forest."

"What do you mean by 'new ruler'?" asked Cassandra who seemed to finally be able to speak after her recent panic.

"I mean ... me," responded Vanessa hoping that her plan works.

And right when Vanessa thought she had been wrong, another notification popped up in Vanessa's peripheral vision.

All the other gods were staring at her in complete and utter shock.

"I-is that w-what I think it is," exclaimed Lunari

"Haha this could be interesting." chuckled Lilith

"Well I guess there is only one way to find out," replied Vanessa just as she opened the notification.

Congratulations you have acquired the title Ruler of the Forbidden!!
Title: Ruler of the Forbidden
Description: You have become the ruler of the Forbidden Lands. It is your home, your castle, and your domain. May you and your allies prosper in this land.
Effect: While in the forbidden forest your physical ability is doubled, your stamina is endless, your regeneration is increased, you are considered the ruler of all creatures within the forbidden forest, And you are able to monitor all life within your domain.

"Wow with all of these bonuses even if I was mortal it is going to be very hard to kill me."

"So are you going to finish the last requirement?" inquired Lilith.

Vanessa thought about it for a little bit and then replied with an honest question.
"What happens if I become a god anyway?"

When they heard the question all the gods facepalmed.

"Right, we never did explain what it meant to be a god did we," voiced Lunari, who looked like she was annoyed about forgetting such information.

"So what is it like?" asked Vanessa in a curious manner. It's not every day you get to learn about what its like to be a god.

At hearing this question Cassandra spoke up.
"Once you meet the requirements you become what is known as a minor god. Its pretty much like a fledgling vampire or a newly bitten werewolf. They have powers at the beginning but they are a far cry from having the amount of power of gods such as us or elder gods who control entire universes."

"Wait there are gods on a higher level than you guys?"

"Yeah, the thing is though the higher tier of godhood you obtain the less contact physically you have with the mortal world. We are actually able to become elder gods if we wanted to but we would have to leave this universe and influence it to such an indirect extent that it would be so mind-numbingly boring and stressful we would throw ourselves into the void at some point," stated Lilith

"Not to mention politics with elder gods is a thousand times worse than the politics in your previous world," stated Venator, who looked like he was about to get a migraine just thinking about it.

"Anyway after you become a minor god your domain will become a physical part of the world. In other words, the Forbidden Forest will be your domain." continued Venator

"And as you age you will steadily grow stronger passively until you have either lived long enough, which is a very VERY long time or have been able to gain power equal to that of one of us, Then you will transport your physical domain into the domain you have claimed here." explained Cassandra

"And that is how you can become a god, but until then you will be considered a minor-god. But make no mistake you will become a hundred times more powerful then any mortal or immortal in their prime once that happens you will gain the ability to affect and alter the material world to a small degree as well as allowing you to perform small miracles such as curing incurable wounds and creating things out of nothing all though not to an extreme extent. None of these will be represented in your status sheet however because it was these very powers that created the system so the system itself can't accurately describe it or track your progress with it." was Vix's long-winded description

After hearing all of this Vanessa could see no real downsides to this. She would become more powerful, gain abilities even the system can't understand, and she will almost definitely be able to deal with all of the nations that will soon know of her whereabouts.

"Well, it looks like I'm becoming a god. Do any of you mind transporting me to somewhere with free domain?" replied Vanessa in a resolute tone.

All the other gods had small smiles on their faces at this display.

"No problem I'll transport you their my forces are still preparing in the capital, so can help you while my siblings can contact their races and tell them about you," stated Cassandra.

"Lead the way, my lady," stated Vanessa happy to see that her teasing brought a healthy smile to Cassandra's face as well as lightening the mood around her.

"I'll see you guys soon." was Vanessa's goodbye to the gods, right as Cassandra took her hand and she felt the familiar sensation of being teleported.

100