Chapter 12
6.9k 17 107
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vanessa was enshrouded in darkness.

She was unable to sense anything. No feeling of the wind. No form of smell or sound was registerable even with her heightened senses. And all she can see was the bottomless nothingness that surrounded her.

'It doesn't take a genius to figure out what this is. I literally have thousands of years of memories in this place so its kind of obvious.' Were Vanessa's thoughts

"But ... why?" Vanessa stated out loud.

"Why did it come after me? Why am I not relapsing into a fit from trauma right know? And why do I feel so ... comfortable?" Vanessa questioned aloud unable to know whether she was questioning herself or the void of nothingness that surrounded her.

These questions that were spoken aloud seemed to go unanswered for Vanessa.

Until a shape was seen taking form within the void.

At first, it just looked like another mass of darkness, but then I somehow impossibly became darker than the surrounding darkness itself. And it began to grow in an almost languid way to the point where Vanessa for some reason could not take her eyes off of the spectacle before her.

Then something that both terrified her and for some reason made her feel nostalgic happened. The shape had finally stopped growing and had taken the form or at least the shape of what seemed to be a beautiful woman. A beautiful woman that had begun to walk towards Vanessa's position. And as it walked the darkness that enshrouded her seemed to flake of revealing pale skin and ... green eyes.

This continued slowly as the figure walked with an almost seductive sway of its hips that gradually began to show increasingly more skin as it approached. But Vanessa's eyes were not on the utter eye candy that was slowly being presented toward her. Nor was her mind confounded with emotions such as fear or even arousal at the situation.

Vanessa was preoccupied with two major things as the shape finally arrived at Vanessa's destination. The first was the overwhelming feeling of ... completeness and acceptance that she felt in increasing amounts as the being came closer. And the last, was that as the being came closer, Vanessa slowly began to recognize the shape as the darkness began to flake off revealing a piece of its appearance until finally, the being was standing in front of her in all of its naked glory. And Vanessa was standing there staring upon ... herself?

Then all of a sudden the darkness receded at their position and Vanessa was able to see their surroundings. A forest unlike anything Vanessa had ever seen slowly took form around them. It was unlike anything Vanessa had ever seen.

The forbidden forest looked like a normal rainforest to Vanessa and she had concluded it was just named that way to ward off armies from entering and causing the gods to interfere again. But the forest that was now surrounding Vanessa truly deserved the title of The Forbidden Forest or at least The Dark Forest.

"Now this is what a forbidden forest should look like. Creepy atmosphere, dark and surreal lighting wherever you look, a calming yet pregnant silence that makes you think you are alone but you just can't help unconsciously feel like your being watched. All topped off with a slight mist and an array of shadowy dark fauna that seem to look completely natural but feel unnatural to look at. I have to say whatever this place is whoever made it really knows how to set the mood." Vanessa concluded still saying her thoughts aloud.

A light chuckle was heard reminding Vanessa that she was not alone.

"Thank you, after all, I did create this place," replied Vanessa's copy.

A pregnant pause was felt for a short moment after the copy had spoken. The fact that copy actually spoke was surprising enough for Vanessa, but the weird thing was that even though the body double seemed to have a near perfect reflection of Vanessa's body, her voice was completely different. It was the same in tone and pitch but deep down there was something dark and endless within her voice.

"So ... why is it that you look like me?" was the question that Vanessa asked.

The doppelganger seemed to be put down slightly at the question.

"Well, its because your soul is the only thing I've been in contact long enough to replicate a physical form with. Why did I get something wrong? I haven't upset you somehow have I?" asked the Vanessa look alike in a surprisingly worried and almost childlike voice.

Vanessa was slightly confused, what the being in front of her was saying was weird.

"What do you mean my soul has been in contact with you?" asked Vanessa

The doppelganger seemed saddened that Vanessa didn't remember her.

"You seriously don't recognize me. I mean you were kind of inside of me for thousands of years you know. ...Wow, that came out wrong, but hey this is the first time since before the beginning that I have ever actually held a conversation so I guess I should show some eguitet? equity? Etiquette! that's the word. And introduce myself." Replied the seemingly scatterbrained being.

Vanessa's copy did a surprisingly skilled curtsey that left all of her
'or should I say my' thought Vanessa, assets out in the open for anyone to see.

"My name is Void" replied the being that literally just revealed herself to be the all seeing and unknown nothingness.

Vanessa was having a hard time coming to terms with the situation. The void itself was literally speaking to her albeit with some difficulty of word choice.

"So ... not to be rude or anything but, why are you jere in physical form and what is this place?" asked Vanessa.

Void seemed amused at the question.

"Why I'm here to help you towards godhood. And this," replied Void gesturing towards the space surrounding them. " is the domain that I created during the thousands of years you were inside me." replied Void with a slight blush at the end of her sentence.

"Wait wait WAIT, I regained all my memories and literally turned the entire continent upside down because of what it did to me, but still, I have all of my memories of those thousands of years and I am one-hundred percent sure I never actually spoke to you even though I was ... inside you," replied Vanessa.

"Well you see, since the beginning, nothing has ever really entered me before as you did. I mean yeah some gods see me as a convenient tool to kill themselves or other gods but in the long run, no one has ever kept me company as you did," answered Void.

"So you were lonely and all of a sudden I was there and for some reason was unable to leave. Did you do that? Were you the reason I was trapped there?" asked Vanessa in a slightly worried tone hoping that the being in front of her didn't have some yandere tendencies.

Void looked hurt from the question but replied none the less.

"N-no I actually tried to send you back to the cycle of reincanation, but for some reason, you were unable to leave my domain form. So since you were kind of stuck there I decided to read your memories when you were sleeping inside me. After seeing your memories I thought you deserved some peace so I started to create a domain for you to live in within me so you wouldn't have to be stuck with infinite nothingness for all of eternity." By the end, Void looked almost as if she was going to cry no doubt thinking about how Vanessa eventually escaped into the unused domain of her new god friends while Void herself was left alone with the domain she made for her new companion.

Vanessa decided to go against her base instincts and approached Void. For some reason, Void seemed to be smaller than Vanessa and as Void continued to become more distraught her form became a teenage version of Vanessa in her youth.

Vanessa slowly reached out her hands and brought Void into a comforting hug calming the being down instantly.

"It's ok, I'm here now so you don't have to be sad anymore." were the comforting words Vanessa whispered to the know shaking being in front of her.

'She must have been so happy to have had someone with her that didn't instantly die when they entered her. She must have been torn apart when I left before she finished the domain.' Vanessa thought.

"Look on the bright side I got to see your gift for me and know I have this cool new body," replied Vanessa in a conversational way hoping to calm Void down with her usual banter.

"Hehe I love that part about you-you know, you always comfort those you care about as if you are their own mother. When I was going through your memories I experienced everything you did, the positive things and the negative. And I felt ... happy I didn't feel nothingness anymore I didn't feel like my only purpose was to EXIST anymore. And by the end I felt like you were my own sister, I cared about you so much that I actually felt pain, even though that shouldn't be possible when I realized you were gone." replied Void with slightly misty eyes and pressing her head in between Vanessa's considerable bust.

Vanessa was touched, she had always wanted a little sister but she had been an only child. Combine that with the fact that she was now seeing a near teenage replica of herself referring to her as sister all while burying herself into the hug Vanessa was giving her. She was unable to not feel happy at the situation.

"So ... what happens now?" asked Vanessa.

Void, who was by this point nearly asleep in Vanessa's arms replied in a slightly tired voice.

"Well, you remember how I told you this place was a domain."

"Yeah?" replied Vanessa questioningly.

"Well after I finally found what world you had been left in after somehow leaving my 'body' so to speak I monitored you for a little while and noticed how you were so close to godhood. So I modified this world to be able to contract itself with an immortal that meets the requirements of godhood."

"But isn't this world a part of you?" asked Vanessa slightly worried about what would happen if she did so.

"Don't worry, I am your sister I want to be helpful to you and I would like to share a part of myself with you," replied Void in a slightly embarrassed tone.

"T-That is i-if y-you want me to be your sister then if n-not I u-understa-" Continued void only to be cut off by Vanessa's voice.

"It's not that I don't want to be your big sis it's just that I don't want to hurt you," replied Vanessa assuringly.

Void looked relieved at Vanessa's words.

"Well you see this domain is just like any other domain actually, the only difference is that you won't be able to tie it to the mortal world because it's designed to bind itself to you and by extension me to you. This will make the process much easier considering that making the connection between a free domain and a physical piece of land is usually the most difficult part."

Vanessa was intrigued by this explanation.

"So all I have to do is make the connection between you and me using my blood and say a chant of some sort."

"Well it doesn't have to be me specifically, technically this whole world is a part of me but that's your choice, and in layman's terms yes you are correct." was Void's reply

Vanessa had made up her mind. Vanessa had always wanted a sister and the woman in front of her seemed was not only helping her with something extremely important to Vanessa. but she was also literally offering herself to be claimed as Vanessa's own personal domain of influence. Not accepting never even crossed Vanessa's mind and by this point, she had found the perfect thing to say to bind herself to her domain.

Biting down on her lip with her fanged teeth hard enough to draw blood Vanessa chanted the words.

You are mine and I am yours.
We are two but we will now be one.
I am your family.
As you are mine.
Come those that may try to separate us.
But they shall never succeed.
I accept you in your entirety.
As I hope you will accept me.
We are now sisters.
Bounded by more than blood.
A pair, stronger than fate.
By this vow, I swear.
We will always be together.
A part of the infinite void.

And just as Vanessa completed the vow she leaned forward and kissed Void on her forehead. Sealing the contract.

Outside the domain, Cassandra was still observing the void waiting to see if Vanessa would appear hoping that something horrible had not happened to her.

Just when Cassandra was contemplating entering the void and risking death to try and find Vanessa. A massive explosion of power was felt within the wall of darkness so powerful even Cassandra was able to feel it. Then the realm slowly dissipated to show two figures.

One was a little girl who had a slight blush on her face and a spot of blood on her forehead in a peculiar shape and looked earily familiar and the other was Vanessa with a slightly bloody lip and a beautiful smile upon her face. Both walking towards Cassandra's location hand in hand.

107