Chapter 13
6.8k 11 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Soooo ...?" started Cassandra hoping to get some answers as to what the hell had just happened.

Vanessa was amused by Cassandra's expression. She looked like she was having a war between relief and … jealousy?

"Well you know how I was kind of stuck inside the never-ending void for centuries right?" asked Vanessa.

"Yeah why?" asked Cassandra curiously.

Vanessa decided it was best for her newfound sister to meet her niece, and she also enjoyed teasing them both immensely.

"It's ok you can introduce yourself," Vanessa whispered to Void who had upon realizing that they were not alone, had resorted to hiding behind Vanessa's back and blushing madly upon meeting Cassandra's gaze.

Void looked extremely nervous, displaying an adorably cute flustered expression on her face. But it seemed after hearing Vanessa's encouragement she was able to gain enough courage to at least talk to Cassandra but seemingly not enough to move away from her hiding spot behind Vanessa.

"M-M-My n-name is V-Void. P-Please t-to meet you," replied Void in what Vanessa found to be an adorable stuttering voice.

"W-Who are y-you?" Void asked surprising Cassandra.

"I am Cassandra I'm a goddess," replied Cassandra who seemingly looked depressed after seeing the poor girl look so intimidated by her.

And what are you exactly if you don't mind me asking?" asked Cassandra wondering at the peculiar girls name choice.

"I just said it," replied Void in a slightly calmer manner.

"...HUH!?!" exclaimed Cassandra frightening Void again.

"You are THE VOID!" yelled Cassandra unable to comprehend the situation.

"Y-y-y-yes m-miss t-thats what I said, who are you to my big sister a-anyway?" asked Void seemingly a little frustrated at the one-sided conversation.

Vanessa butted in before either girl could ask any more questions. Although you could tell by the look on her face she was about to drop a bomb on the conversation.

"Now Void that's no way to speak to your niece. And Cassandra show your aunt some respect she may look younger than you but she's been around since before the beginning you know," replied Vanessa in a seemingly nonchalant tone all to make the reveal even more comical.

Both girls were silent for a short while. But then the entirety of the domain was filled with a resounding.

"WHAT!?!" screeched both Void and Cassandra at the same time.

Vanessa enjoyed their reaction immensely.

"Well Cassandra since you are the one who wanted to call me mummy, and Void since you wanted to be my little sister then I guess this is a pretty sweet family reunion huh," replied Vanessa in a layed back tone.

Both Void and Cassandra were unable to refute Vanessa's claims.

Cassandra was unable to do so because she had been the one to sedu- ehem beg Vanessa to be her mummy. And after taking a look at her new auntie Cassandra found herself unable to resent the girl for becoming so close to Vanessa.

Void, on the other hand, looked as if she was about to have a heart attack.

'Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.'

'She hates me doesn't she?'

'She looks so intimidating and mature for such a young looking person.'

'Theirs no way she would be happy calling me her auntie.'

'Will Vanessa ignore me if she doesn't like me. I'm so scar-'

Thankfully those thoughts were interrupted before they could further terrify the young girl. Vanessa, seeing that Cassandra was just in deep thought and that void was taking her silence the wrong way she decided to grab both of them and bring them into a group hug. She then leaned forward and comforted them both.

"Don't worry I care about both of you and consider you both family so you can both relax and speak freely with each other. That means Cassandra you need to use your words. Your Auntie Void is a very shy and nervous person, she has never really had a conversation let alone people calling her family in her life. And I think we can both agree that she deserves a family." replied Vanessa to Cassandra, the whole ordeal making Void blush further in embarrassment as the truth of her situation was revealed.

"And Void, don't be scared Cassandra is probably one of the nicest and most caring people I have met in both my lifetimes. She still suffers from guilt over punishing her race for literally trying to use her like their own personal tool to use and discard with as she pleases. She may look very mature and intimidating but her personality is actually very pure and kind, so don't be nervous around her okay?" Vanessa asked Void hoping against all hope that these two will be friendly towards one another.

Deep down, Vanessa had her own little plan she was hoping would fall into place.

'Void and Cassandra would make great friends, Void has a shy but very protective personality from what I've seen. And Cassandra is the purest person I've ever met considering all the guilt she still feels.'

'They would both be able to heal each other in their own way.' were Vanessa's thoughts on the matter.

It seemed that Vanessa's speech had broken through both girls revere allowing them both to actually begin a conversation.

"I hope we can be friends," replied Void in a much calmer voice now.

"Same here, just promise me one thing though," replied Cassandra in a slightly emotional voice.

"Yeah sure whatever you want," replied Void nervous to hear Cassandra's request.

"Promise me you'll protect my mummy all right," asked Cassandra in a slightly childish voice.

Surprisingly Void was the one to reach forward and hug Cassandra this time before replying.

"Don't worry I'm literally her domain so even though I won't be there physically for her my power will always be there to support her whenever she needs it." hearing this explanation relieved Cassandra immensely.

Because all three girls knew. From the melancholic look on Vanessa's face.

It was about time Vanessa returned to the physical world.

"Look I know the both of you just met, but I really hope you two will get along while I'm gone. I have a feeling that both of you will be able to help each other in your own ways. Void taking care of Cassandra while I'm gone and Cassandra look out for Void if she needs help. I promise you both I'll try to visit as much as I can." replied Vanessa feeling a little misty-eyed that she will have to leave them so soon.

But she had to go, she had been gone for long enough and she was afraid that if she was gone any longer Laura might wake up and feel that she had been abandoned. The gods did say time works differently in the celestial plane. And know that Vanessa was a minor god she could feel and understand that to an extent but only enough to understand that she had been gone for about an hour in the mortal plane.

Vanessa couldn't stay any longer she had responsibilities in the mortal plane both with Laura as well as the other kingdoms that are more than likely invading the Forbidden forest right now.

Vanessa pulled both a misty-eyed Cassandra and Void into a final warm hug before she separating and imagining herself clothes and all just like Cassandra had explained previously. And then imposed that image of herself in her cave.

There was a minor delay but then Vanessa felt the familiar sucking sensation and with a resounding pop she felt her consciousness shift and she was teleported out of the celestial realm.

The last thing Vanessa heard was both Cassandra and Void shouting to her and saying.

"You better keep that promise!"

The smile and tears on Vanessa's face as she re-appeared back in her cave went unnoticed by all but herself.

98