Chapter 19
6k 10 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alright let's get started then," exclaimed Novi in a business like tone of voice that Vanessa couldn't help but find cute to watch.

"For starters, this room is your subconscious. Anything you think of in here will be created as a construct. If you imagine yourself standing over there with red eyes and white hair then that is what will be created." continued Novi's explanation.

"Neat, but how does this allow me to alter my own body as well as Serin's body?"

Novi nodded knowingly to the question.

"That is because if you were to say imagine changes to whatever you have access to change, in this case: your body, Serin, and Kira. And then press the apply physical changes tab then whatever changes you imagine for yourself will be applied to your actual body." Novi finished her explanation.

"So all I have to do is imagine Serin's body with a healed tail and then select apply changes and she should be healed?" questioned Vanessa, surprised that it seemed this simple.

"Yeah its actually as simple as it looks. And considering how hard it is to usually get here in the first place with the whole becoming immortal and then becoming a minor god and all of that then I guess fate or whatever decided to give you a break at this point." finished Novi in an understanding tone.

"Well if that's the case then thank you fate," replied Vanessa to no one in particular and only half expecting a reply.

Thankfully, no reply came or else Vanessa would start to feel a little perturbed at the number of celestial concepts that are listening to her at any given point in time.

"I guess I better get started then," replied Vanessa who then began imagining Serin's body.

Vanessa imagined Serin's dark almost inky black hair with her unblemished and pale skin, her button nose with pale almost blue lips and piercing blue eyes. Then her slender arms that although dainty looking from a first glanced were moderately toned in terms of musculature, her dainty looking hands, calloused from what had to be some form of training.

After imagining all of Serin's upper body features, Vanessa came to the difficult part. First, she imagines what she remembered of Serin's tail post-injury, the shimmering black scales that seemed to almost absorb the light that touches it. The thickness and muscular nature of the tail that certainly provided ample movement through the water, and finally the ravaged tail fin shredded and torn on one end but otherwise completely intact on the other.

Vanessa had succeeded in imagining a copy of Serin within the white room. Serin's copy hovered slightly in the air suspended by nothing almost as if it was waiting for Vanessa to alter her.

Vanessa then imagined the undamaged section of the fin to be reflected across the vertical junction of the fin to the tail and overlap the damage section of the fin. This process was actually extremely difficult for Vanessa because instead of relying on memories of things she had already seen she had to completely imagine what the undamaged fin would look like.

This continued for a while with Vanessa concentrating and trying to completely overlap the damaged fin with the reflection of the undamaged fin. Throughout all of this Novi was sitting on a cushion and staring at Vanessa waiting for her to finish.

Vanessa noticing this refrained from thanking the girl for not interrupting Vanessa's concentration, as well as asking Novi how she found that cushion.

Finally, after what felt like hours of Vanessa straining to imagine her goal, but what was actually only twenty or thirty minutes, Vanessa was able to replace the injured half of Serin's tail, resulting in what seemed to be a perfectly uninjured tail.

"(Whew) that was a lot more difficult then I expected. If only I had used telepathy with Serin to share memories of her uninjured tail, I have a feeling this would have been a lot less difficult." exclaimed Vanessa aloud, happy that she was able to accomplish her task and effectively heal Serin.

Vanessa then turns to Novi, ready to ask a question as to how she leaves this place but stopped once she saw Novi's face.

Novi noticing that Vanessa had completed her task and was about to leave felt an extreme amount of sadness.

'I'm going to be left alone again huh? Well, i-it's okay i-i'll be fine. 'm j-just happy I was able to meet Vanessa and become her friend.' thought Novi showing a smile that was supposed to show happiness but failed miserably and just conveyed to anyone who saw it just how sad and alone Novi felt at that moment.

Vanessa seeing the Novi's miserable form thought for a moment on how she could make Novi not show that face again. And then an idea popped into her head.

"Hey Novi."

"Y-yes?" replied Novi waiting for Vanessa to ask her how to leave.

"Do you want to be a part of my family?" asked Vanessa in a nonchalant manner.

" ... huh?" was Novi's reply.

"Well you see I have a little sister called Void and she's kind of been alone for well ... uh? a very long time, so I thought you two can be sisters together. I thought you would be happy to be a part of a family so I just decided to ask." stated Vanessa waiting for Novi's answer.

Novi, after hearing Vanessa's explanation had her head lowered in a way that concealed her expression from those around her.

"What if she doesn't like me? I'm not an amazing person. I-I'm just a leftover creation from a god that decided I wasn't worth his attention and abandoned me. I was cast away to be a tool for all to use and no one ever thought I was worth talking to." finished Novi, who looked upward showing the tears in her eyes as she continued to speak.

"So how do I know that you, or void, or anyone else in your family won't abandon me just like he did?" finished Novi in a small voice.

Vanessa decided to answer as truthfully as she could.

"Because the being that created you was not your family. Anyone who abandons their family in any way shape or form has no right to consider themselves as your family. Family doesn't try to hurt you, or abandon you, or use you as a tool. Family cares about you, they protect you, support you in your endeavors, and most of all family loves you." finished Vanessa.

" ..." Novi was silent after hearing Vanessa's explanation.

"I want to give you that life Novi. I want you to be so happy and loved that you get sick of us. I want you to live the life you should have been given." finished Vanessa.

Novi still unable to speak began to slowly walk towards Vanessa's position until her head made contact with Vanessa's abdomen. Once she made contact Novi instantly wrapped her arms around Vanessa as tight as she could.

Vanessa, seeing how vulnerable Novi was at this point carefully, as if she would dart away at any moment, wrapped her arms around the little girl hugging her, as the poor once abandoned girl let out all of her sadness and joy right there in a small white room.

After Novi's quiet sobbing subsided and Vanessa felt that she would not break down once again, Vanessa repeated her question.

"So do you want to be part of my family?" asked Vanessa in a calm and careful voice.

"(Sniff) yes please." replied Novi barely able to speak those two words due to her extreme emotions.

"Alright then I feel like it would be appropriate to do this the way I did with Void, but this time you will have a different mantra," stated Vanessa already having the perfect words in mind.

Novi seemed confused at this but otherwise nodded accepting whatever Vanessa was about to do, causing Vanessa to smile at the girl's trust in her before beginning her chant.

 

You were once broken.
But now you will become whole.
You were once abandoned.
But now you have been found.
You were once a tool but now you are family.
Come darkness
Come light
And come monsters of all sorts in the night.
For as long as we are together.
I shall be part of you.
And you a part of me.
For I am the being that shall care and love for you eternally.
As you deserved in the past
As you deserve in the present
And as you shall deserve for eternity.

 

Vanessa then ended her chant by biting her lip once again and then kissing the small girl on the forehead.

Then before either of the two could react a system notification arrived in Vanessa's face once again.

 

You have made a contract with Novi( The system ), because of this Novi now is no longer restricted to monitoring the autonomic system of other beings and is able to live her life. Do you wish to bond her to your domain?

Yes. No.

 

Vanessa without hesitation selected yes, and then all of a sudden Novi began to fade.

"W-where are you going?" asked Vanessa in a worried tone.

"I am going to meet my new sister, since you accepted me as part of your domain I am now able to do so without any repercussions. Thank you. Thank you so much big sister!" finished Novi as she slowly faded away.

"Your welcome, little sis," replied Vanessa to the empty face.

Then Vanessa opened the previous notification that arrived when she entered this place and confirmed the application of physical changes. Then as if a switch had been flipped Vanessa's vision blacked out once again.

82