Chapter 22
16.8k 58 100
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amanda was walking down a lonely street with a bottle in her hand going to visit a good friend.

Amanda soon approached an old weathered entrance to a local cemetery. The dark and dreary atmosphere of this fine Wednesday morning didn't help much with the overall atmosphere or Amanda's overall mood in the slightest.

"Fuck me sideways, why is it that cemeteries always looks like something out of a horror movie. All that's next is for me to meet some stereotypical dumb blonde cheerleader and a jock with two brain cells situated between his legs and this would make a right fucking horror movie." Amanda complained out loud, tired of the dreary atmosphere in front of her as well as in her workplace.

Amanda then entered the cemetery and began to search for a dark gravestone with a small crack down the middle.

Amanda only had to search for a couple of minutes the only thing impeding her search being the overgrown weeds and little to no light given by the moon.

The gravestone itself was relatively simple, it had a dark black coloring with a small crack own the middle, and the only words inscribed on this stone was the deceased's name and date of birth and death.

 

                                                                                    Vanessa Blight
                                                                     July 26, 2000 - June 13, 2033

 

Amanda then kneeled in from of the gravestone and began to speak.

"Hey Vanessa, i-its been a while." Amanda began in a lax tone of voice, almost as if she was talking to a living person and not a gravestone.

Amanda was not ignorant enough to realize that what she said was an understatement. It had about six months since Vanessa's death. Everyone that knew Vanessa had a wide range of reactions to the news.

Those reactions all became very apparent at Vanessa's funeral not long after her confirmed death.

Vanessa's parents came to the precession hours before anyone else arrived. Amanda, being the person who arrived after they did had a feeling that they had arrived at the precession the previous day and had slept in their vehicle instead of leaving.

Vanessa's mother looked as if she had looked into the eyes of the Gorgon Medusa herself and came out unscathed. Her face as impassive as a statue itself. But if you looked deep enough in her eyes you could see a tidal wave of pain and grief that could be seen reflected in the faces of everyone who arrived for the funeral.

Vanessa's father however only arrived for a short time but once he saw his daughter's casket he left the procession as if the devil himself was chasing him, that or the calling of alcohol had entered and tempted his mind.

Then there was Jane. After the incident happened, when Jane had watched as the woman she loved lost her life right in her arms, she had walked as if she was a corpse toward Vanessa's apartment after the paramedics pried her away from Vanessa's corpse.

Once Jane had arrived at the apartment she was greeted with Amanda and a bunch of her colleagues who were informed about Vanessa's date and wanted to be there to throw a surprise party for both of them, all of this was planned in secret by Amanda of course.

But what they all saw when they turned on the lights made them all choke back on the words 'Surprise!'. Right in front of them was Jane still covered in Vanessa's blood which had smeared across her clothes as she had held her dying girlfriend in her arms, looking balefully at everyone with a dead looking her eyes.

"J-Jane why is their blood on you?" Amanda had asked not knowing whether she wanted her question to be answered.

" ... Vanessa." was the only response that Jane gave to the silent as death room in front of her before passing out on the floor in front of everyone as panic and chaos ensued.

After that Jane had remained in a comatose state in a neighboring hospital staring at a wall and unresponsive to almost everyone around her. The only time she ever spoke was to Amanda telling her Vanessa's final words.

She remained in that state for about a week before a funeral was planned and she was messaged by Amanda about it. Jane had walked out of the hospital and to the neighboring cemetery as if she was a deaf zombie unresponsive to the doctors and nurses who tried to question her.

Jane remained in her unresponsive state all the way through the funeral before finally the funeral was over and she began to slowly stand and then hobbled her way back to her own apartment wanting to be alone with her grief and sorrow until she was finally able to have peace.

And Amanda, well she had reacted the only way she knew how. The day after Jane's reveal of Vanessa's death, Amanda could have been found at a nearby bar called the Drunken Dukedom completely wasted out of her mind.

This could also be said for every subsequent day after Vanessa's death. Immediately after working hours were over she would again return to the bar to drown her sorrows and woe to any one of the higher-ups who even tried to accost her those days.

The first day of work after Vanessa's death, one of the sleazier bosses who hadn't heard of Vanessa's death had tried to cop a feel of Amanda's ass when she was standing and staring into a wall as if it wasn't even their.

The second his hand had made contact with the plump rear he found himself being hip tossed onto a nearby table. and when he looked up ready to shout and scream at the woman for her actions and blackmail her so he could still have his fun he stopped the second his eyes met her face.

Most women he had accosted had varying forms of emotions on their faces, anger, sadness, fear, and occasionally a flirty look or two. The woman before him was always one of those that expressed anger but never did anything more than verbally abuse him until most men felt like they were less than a speck of dust compared to the people around them. And he had found the challenge all the more enticing.

But today when he saw the look on her face he instinctively paled. She had no emotion whatsoever at his action or her own. No anger, no frustration, not even a look of annoyance, she had an expressionless look that would make statues envious.

" ... Touch me again and I will skin you alive before crucifying your naked body upside down to the wall as each and every one of your coworkers watches as I personally disassemble your body as if you were nothing more then a common dear before lopping off each of your arms and finally your head. " Amanda stated in an emotionless voice as she slowly moved her face closer to the gradually paling man before continuing so only he could hear the final contents of her promise.

"And I will personally make sure that in the few seconds your brain is still alive after I behead you that you watch as I personally tear of your manhood and throw it into the closest shredder." she had replied with a voice dead of all emotion as she slowly raised a pocket knife she kept for protection on her person.

By this time the entire floor was silent and staring at the confrontation. Everyone knew Amanda had a massive temper and an even fouler mouth. But upon seeing how calmly she had assaulted their sleazy boss before threatening to murder him in front of everyone in such a brutal fashion with no foul language whatsoever, well everyone realized she was serious.

The sleazy boss in question knew the difference between an angry threat and a promise. And he could tell that Amanda was promising to murder him if he touched her again. This lead to him shaking like a leaf and relieving his bladder on the table itself as Amanda walked calmly to her cubicle before picking up her things and leaving the building as her shift had ended during the conversation.

After that everyone at work gave Amanda a wide berth, immediately leaving the room when she entered, avoiding her when moving around the building, not talking to her in fear the higher-ups would punish them along with Amanda later down the line.

And so this trend continued, drinking herself into a stupor on her free time and being treated as a sociopath at work. Then, on a particularly annoying off day when Amanda was dealing with a massive hangover she had gotten a message stating that Vanessa's funeral would be this weekend.

Amanda out of all the people at the present was probably one of the most collected people at the funeral. Although this might have been due to the lingering hangover-causing her to be much less verbose in her eulogy. Considering how she didn't describe the man who murdered Vanessa as so much of a teste sucking, shit licking, smega wretching piece of bacterial waste that the devil himself will make sure to use the fucker's own freshly filleted skin as his personal toilet paper to wipe his demonic ass with, even though that was not enough words in her opinion to describe the man even if she had uttered those words.

However, Amanda had somehow refrained from saying those words and instead just walked past the podium to Vanessa's corpse, kissed her on the forehead and then left. No other words were needed, and every other person their did the same thing because in their minds they knew Vanessa wouldn't enjoy hearing their sad eulogies or their misplaced grief given verbal form.

They all knew that Vanessa wouldn't hear them and if she was able to then whatever words were spoken would just torture her as well as everyone else with more pain.

After that Amanda continued with her grief for a couple of months before she was finally able to accept Vanessa's death. It wasn't easy, she probably drank enough alcohol to give an elephant alcohol poisoning but she somehow got through it.

And that is why she was visiting Vanessa's grave today of all days.

She was finally able to face the music.

Vanessa was not coming back.

100