Prologue Part 1
13.6k 15 100
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'I can't believe this is happening to me.' thought Vanessa, right in front of her was a puddle of her own blood and the pale face of the woman she's been thinking about incessantly for the past four months.

Vanessa Blight was an astute businesswoman that worked at a local computer firm. She was considered to be a breathtaking beauty with long black hair and emerald green eyes that could pierce your very soul, add to that a beautiful figure that she has worked hard to maintain over the years which further accentuates her long pale legs and D-cup breasts and you got what all her coworkers would consider a peerless beauty in the workplace.

Unfortunately, though every man that had ever approached her was inevitably turned-down either through a combination of age-difference related problems or social etiquettes such as boss and subordinate relationships. That or the fact that she was about as straight as a circle.

This overall moral compass of hers combined with the fact that she prefers women, who when meeting her for the first time are more likely to either despise her because they feel inferior to her in terms of looks. Or if they are married, treat her as a threat to their husbands.

This irony was not lost on Vanessa or anyone of the few people that can consider Vanessa their friends. If only the women knew that Vanessa had no interest whatsoever in their husbands. And that it's their husbands that should be worried if they followed their so called logic.

Not that Vanessa would commit such an act however. Vanessa is the type of person who has a difficult time expressing herself without it seeming as overtly intimidating or sexual, although when either of those two things are her goal, then she is extremely good at doing so. This in combination with the fact that she has a job in a company that is quite well known for their technical knowledge concerning computers and other forms of technology. As well as the company's known sleaziness concerning male co-workers, thanks to the high male to female ratio in terms of employment, has lead Vanessa to living a very lonely life to the point to where she is know....thirtey-two years old and still single.

"Why does it keep happening don't they realize by now that I am not going to start a relationship with them" Vanessa groaned out loud.

"Oh stop complaining," said Vanessa's colleague Amanda.

Amanda was a short Italian woman with a feisty temper and a blunt attitude, deep down though she means well you just have to dig through her many, many....many layers.

"You literally have the body of a MILF and the conscience of a virgin people who are born with looks and popularity like you should all just go explode" she stated vehemently.

Now normal people would take offense to this but Vanessa who had been friends with Amanda for the past couple years was used to it. She knew her friend was just a little jealous that she kept getting attention from guys and rejected them.

While Amanda's love life could be summed up in one word 'horrendous'. It wasn't that Amanda was ugly, if anything she would be considered quite the beauty by normal standards with her long brown hair and deep hazel eyes she was very pretty its just that she attracted the worst of the worst in terms of scumbags most men that see her assume she's a well mannered cute girl they can have some 'fun' with.... and then they have a date with her and because of her abrasive personality it didn't usually go well.

That's actually how she and Amanda became really good friends. Vanessa, who happened to be commuting to a nearby coffee shop that she happened to overhear from the few female employees that work in her firm stating it was relatively close and had a large selection of coffee available. Although the information itself was not directed at Vanessa however due to the women being deeply terrified of Vanessa's serious attitude at work, and actively avoided her because of it.

As Vanessa was commuting to the coffee shop's address she just so happened to see her new colleague Amanda being accosted by some creepy old guy who seemed to believe that she had insulted him extremely and that she should 'repay' him. Although from the man's body language or more obviously the small tent in his pants it was quite obvious what he actually wanted.

That little altercation ended with Vanessa jumping in and pepper spraying the asshole in the face and Amanda proceeding to crush his family jewels with her boots as he was laying on the ground trying to wipe the irritant from his eyes. A couple blocks of running a cup of coffee and a mandatory sleepover, Amanda lost her wallet in the altercation and couldn't afford a bus ride to her apartment, later and the rest is history as people say.

That was two years ago, Vanessa and Amanda had become extremely close in that short amount of time. It actually got to the point where, in the first few months after the whole incident, they were seen as so close that the co-workers in their firm started having fantasies of watching the two women make out or have sex with each other. At the time these rumors were common but they were not welcome in the eyes of both women. One because Amanda was straight, and saw the rumors as 'indecent verbal garbage spouted by men who brush their teeth with their own shit and smega.' to quote her exact words.

The ironic thing is that at the time Vanessa was actually very worried about the whole situation. Not her male co-worker's verbal sewage that is, but more concerning Amanda's reaction to hearing the rumors. You see at the time Vanessa had not told Amanda about her sexuality. Not because she was keeping it a secret, but because both her and Amanda had been swamped with paperwork for the preceding month after the incident and whenever they were not spending what little free time they had hanging out and having a couple of sleepovers they were helping each the other to not drown in their own paperwork. And because all of this the fact had never crossed Vanessa's mind to tell Amanda.

During the rumor incident, Vanessa was very distant with Amanda after hearing her outbursts at hearing the rumors a couple of times. This continued for a while. No texts, no meeting during break time, no returning her calls.

This continued for about a week, that is until Amanda broke into her house one night nearly causing Vanessa to have a heart attack. Amanda herself was actually in much worse shape. Due to Vanessa's apparent avoidance of her, Amanda had become extremely depressed going out to a nearby bar and drinking herself under the table and then was somehow able to walk herself all the way to Vanessa's house.

And when she got there she did the obvious thing any drunk extremely emotional and angry twenty-seven-year-old woman would do in her shoes.

She crawled through one of Vanessa's open windows which was left open due to it not being closed after Vanessa had done some spring cleaning the previous Sunday.

It didn't take long for Vanessa to realize the loud and bumbling intruder was Amanda she had a mouth that would make a sailor blush scarlet in shame but whenever she was drunk she became really sad and almost timid. This time was no exception, it didn't take much coaxing from Vanessa to realize why Amanda was drunk and laying down bawling right next to Vanessa on her queen sized bed.

Vanessa could quite clearly remember that conversation.

"W-why h-have y-you been 'hic' avoiding me?" asked Amanda in a voice strained by tears and hiccuping sobs.

Vanessa was pained to see her friend in such a state.

'I did this to her, I can at least answer her question god knows what she has put herself through to be in the state she's in right now.'

Vanessa had reached forward and enveloped the sobbing Amanda in her arms, slowly rubbing her back until Amanda had calmed down before speaking out loud.

"Do you remember all those rumors going around about us being lesbians and how every co-worker kept having their own voyeuristic fantasy of us having sex?" asked Vanessa

"Yeah why?" asked Amanda who was confused as to how this had anything to do with Vanessa avoiding her.

Vanessa had to take a deep breath before answering the question.

'Haaah' "You see Amanda I'm gay, and when you reacted to the rumors the way you did I kind of thought that people like me disgusted you."

By the time Vanessa had finished her explanation Amanda was staring at her. It took a little while for Amanda to respond but when she did what she said was not something Vanessa had expected.

"You, You!, YOU!! IDIOT!!!" screamed Amanda stunning Vanessa into silence. Not that Amanda had stopped her tirade.

"I said those things because those incompetent, disgusting, shit eating, toilet fucking, road kill humping pieces of living human waste, that are literally insulting to the VERY CONCEPT of sleazy pieces of TRASH spread such horribly perverse rumors about my best friend," stated Amanda

"I reacted the way I did because of the way they said the things they said NOT the content of what they said itself. Vanessa, I really don't care whether you're gay. Hell, I couldn't care less what your sexuality is its none of my business. I ... I just want my best friend back." replied Amanda looking lost by the end of her speech.

Vanessa was truly happy to hear those words.

"Well you don't have to worry," replied Vanessa bringing Amanda under the covers for a tight hug.

"Because you have her." she finished causing tears of happiness to flow in Amanda's hazel eyes before they both finally gave in to exhaustion and fell asleep.

After that, both Vanessa and Amanda were closer than ever and their friendship did not waver in the slightest for the next year and a half.

Vanessa remembered those moments fondly every time she spoke to Amanda. Especially today as she conversed with Amanda over their relationships or lack thereof.

"Oh come on Amanda even you have to realize its not my fault half these guys are barely in their twenties and seem to think I'm some experienced cougar and the other half just want to get in their bosses good graces or have weird fetishes seriously that last guy kept looking at my armpit as if it was his personal heaven" Vanessa and Amanda both shuddered at that.

"Yeah but it's not like you have a right to complain at least you don't get some creepy old guys who think you're some barely legal teenager who's so innocent the color white would look dirty next to your conscience," said Amanda.

'She has a point' Vanessa thought "Alright point taken it seems both our love lives are lackluster, to say the least" said, Vanessa.

"True that," said Amanda, "Anyway have you heard of the new girl Jane something that got a job here I heard shes really young, like nineteen to twenty young" finished Amanda.

"Its Jane Harper and she's nineteen by the way and who hasn't heard it been the talk of the whole office for the past week. All the guys keep talking about barely legal and their pros and cons compared to cougars. The only positive about the whole thing is that she's going to be grouped with me in the workplace for a little while. Because I have as much experience as I do and also to prevent a lawsuit from happening against some of the higher-ups because one of their male employees decided to get handsy," said Vanessa.

"Yeah, it amazes me that half these creeps haven't been fired yet" stated Amanda "Anyway, have you met her yet?"

"I will during the next lunch break, I'm supposed to escort her around and get her acquainted after that."

" Well good luck to that it seems the guys are waiting to pounce" she chuckled leaning back in her reclinable office chair.

'Yeah...' Vanessa thought staring at the large group of seemingly perverted coworkers who all seemed to be staring reverently at every entrance waiting for something or more accurately someone to open the door.

'It would probably be better if I just brought her lunch and escort her while she eats. The less time she spends around those guys the better.'

So that's what she set out to do, thankfully there was a nearby vegan restaurant that served really good meals for a reasonable price.

"Good thing I read her file I'd look like a bitch if I just gave her a turkey sandwich or something and proceeded to tell her how and where to do her job" Vanessa said aloud, remembering the little tidbit in her new coworkers file stating she was a strict vegan, and it seemed to be a bit of a sore spot for her. Other than that note not much else was said in her file other than the usual documentation and such.

After the impromptu restaurant run, Vanessa proceeded to wait at a nearby water fountain that was situated outside the company building.

After about thirty minutes of waiting, Vanessa started to get worried, Jane was twenty minutes late, had she missed her or did she just not come. Right when Vanessa was just about to leave and call her superiors to check the date of her meeting with Jane she heard a yelling voice.

"LOOK OUT!!" and next thing Vanessa knew she was tackled into the outer ring of the water fountain.

All of Vanessa' clothes where soaking wet and when she looked up she found who was responsible for her sorry state and was surprised. The woman in front of her was a gorgeous brunette with shockingly green eyes and a figure that perfectly suited her moderate bust and slim waist, but that wasn't the most shocking part to Vanessa. The shocking part was, guess who was the person that knocked her into the now makeshift swimming pool?

"Jane Harper."

100