Chapter 5
9.1k 8 120
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And as soon as she thought the word a blue screen popped up in her face showing two tabs settings and character sheet.

"Let's deal with the settings first," Vanessa said aloud, she was beginning to hope that won't become a habit.

The first thing she did was find the notification sub-tab and selected the custom setting this gave her an example of a notification with some sliders to alter it. The example was this wide opaque blue screen in front of her that seemed to follow her faces location wherever she moved it and came with this unreasonably annoying 'ding' sound.

'Yeah ... no this would be a stupid thing to die over hilarious but stupid' she thought.

First, she disabling the notifications face tracking, as well as the annoying ding sound she was pretty sure, could be heard by other people due to its echo. Then she decided to minimize all notifications to these little-colored dots on the side of her vision; by the time she was done fiddling with the controls she could look at them and if she focused with an intent to open them they would pop up as a moderately smaller and more transparent blue screen that took up a much smaller amount of her vision. She also made sure to disable the ability to look at notifications entirely in combat unless she concentrated really hard on it but Vanessa believed she wouldn't have to deal with a kind of scenario where that would be needed unless it was a very complicated one.

'Ok know its time to look at my character sheet' thought Vanessa as she exited out of settings and selected character sheet.

Name: Vanessa Blight

Age: 32 years old

Gender: Female

Race: Night Gaunt(Female Variant)

Titles:

The Last: (You are the last of your kind fertility is possible with all races and genders as well as an increase to your races regeneration ability) (can only affect gods as long as the god agrees)

Progenitor: (Due to being the sole survivor of your kind your ability to pass on traits has evolved to affect the spouse as well as the child) (can only affect gods as long as the god agrees)

Voids Scion: (Your soul has been exposed to the void for a considerable amount of time a fate feared by even the gods resulting in the mental resilience skill)

Mistress of the Gods: ( You have become the mistress of one of the gods a feat that is ... difficult to say the least you are able to visit any one of the gods who has become your submissive at their respective shrine)

Abilities:

True Identify(inheritance): a gift from the gods allowing you to observe the status sheet of anyone and anything due to this being the true version only granted to gods and their most trusted friends this ability cannot be countered by status cloaking abilities and comes with its own built-in status cloaking

Flight (racial): due to you being one of the few races born with wings you have the ability to fly

Regeneration(level 2): you are able to regenerate minor wounds as well as stamina slightly faster than normal

Telepathy(level max): your kind has no eyes or mouth in your armored form you naturally communicate through a basic form of telepathy this also gives you a slight boost in learning telepathic abilities

Language Comprehension(level 3): your race has been living in this world almost since the beginning you understand and interpret languages moderately faster

Immortality(racial): due to you being a creature originating from the void itself you are able to continue to live without dying of old age death

Battle armor (racial): you are naturally able to encase yourself in a battle carapace this 'armor' that provides varying bonuses and detriments

Mental resilience(max): you are completely impervious to all forms of mind attacks ranging from illusions to mental persuasions such as enslavement collars and brands as well as mental curses

" Wow they said my race was unique but damn" Vanessa was dumbfounded not only by her titles but also her abilities. Vanessa knows she isn't the most experienced person when it comes to games or anything like that she was just a casual player in her old world but... even she could see the potential of the titles and abilities she had even if she was considered weak in this world there where some things in her character sheet that might as well be broken. The most obvious example being immortality because well never aging and only dying by 'other' means seemed controversial in her head and then there was the gift or more specifically the 'inheritance' the gods gave her, Vanessa didn't even need to think too hard about that ability after reading its description.

'This is literally a stereotypical ability given to heroes in fantasy RPG novels isn't it?' 

'At least know I won't have to worry about not knowing about poisonous foods, dangerous animals, sketchy perverts disguised as a gentleman and it would be a great asset in any altercation' thought Vanessa

After thinking of all those bonuses especially the perverts disguised as gentleman part Vanessa silently thanked the gods for this ability she will definitely need this if she was going to live in this world considering it seemed to be a fantasy middle ages stereotype time period so unless she was wrong she will probably have to deal with a lot of sexist idiots and perverts that just won't take no for an answer in abundance.

Then there where some of the more subtle things such as the void scion giving her a maxed ability that pretty much nullified an entire school of magic if you think about it as well as any and all charms against her not to mention some would be mental curses or titles that could negatively affect her mentally where know just for show.

"Ok now to address the elephant in the ... cave?" Vanessa said aloud.

And finally there were the other titles, 'the last' was a pretty good title it increased her natural healing, stamina recovery, and endurance but it also made it to where she could literally impregnate anyone or be impregnated by anyone she wasn't complaining although she hopes she won't have to test out its effects later although the addition concerning the gods was quite a surprise.

'So if I wanted to, me and Vix could have a child if she agreed ... wow, I better make sure to have a talk with my cute little kitten next time we decide to 'play'.'

'Which could be very soon considering 'that' title 'Mistress of the Gods' I mean yeah I can be very dominating when it comes to sex and especially with those I really care about I realize that after my little playtime with Vix but to be considered her mistress by the system itself is kind of surprising.'

'But the title's bonus is actually kind of nice considering it will allow me to get in touch with them, not to mention It will allow me to give my kitten her reward and her punishment a lot sooner then she expects' Thought Vanessa; but then she remembered 'that' title.

"Progenitor sounds cool...but why does it make it sound like I need to impregnate a woman instead of me being impregnated for it to work I guess the system seems to know my sexuality which is kind of a relief ... and don't get me wrong I would be happy to have a kid ... but them being permanently affected by my race throughout their lives as well as my partner sounds like I have an STD in the form of a curse," stated Vanessa out loud.

And then there were the abilities.

'Flight seems cool but I have a feeling that I'm going to need to practice a lot for it to be effective and right now I can't afford to get an injury from testing out an ability in the scenario I'm in right now; I have no idea were I am or how hostile the environment of this forest and its inhabitants are right now so I'll have to keep that on hold for now unless I don't have a choice'

'Language comprehension is self-explanatory as well as the regeneration since it came with one of my titles as well as Battle armor because it is literally apart of my body' thought Vanessa

'And then there are the other two Telepathy is actually really practical if I'm in battle mode it would be kind of stupid to have to disengage my armor just so I could talk which would leave me vulnerable, but then there was Immortality ... yeah, I don't really want to think about that right now but I have a feeling that I'm going to have to study that ability later.'

After a more in-depth look at her character sheet, Vanessa decided she had one more thing to do and that was to look at the more in-depth description of her race.

'I already have to deal with my titles so I might as well get my races description over with' Vanesa thought while proceeding to focus on the race section of her character sheet

Race: Night Gaunt

Description: Humanoid beings created from the void have the ability to control a shell made from an unknown material that completely surrounds their bodies but inhibits none of their senses. Thought to be closely related to demons or dragons due to extra limbs but due to multiple ancient cases of both draconic and demonic limbs as well as parts from other beings been recorded with Night Gaunts it is thought to be ... something else

Strengths: unknown

Weaknesses: unknown

Diet: omnivores Night Gaunts seem to be able to live solely on meat alone if needed although it is possible for them to eat other food groups. There is also a legend stating their favorite food is actually chocolate?

After reading the information Vanessa was nonplussed.

'Even the system doesn't know certain things, strengths and weaknesses are a blunt unknown, the description seems accurate then disproves itself near the end and diet just seems like the system can't decide between carnivore or omnivore ... although the chocolate tidbit was good to know' know that Vanessa knows there is chocolate in this world ...

"haa ... oops" said Vanessa drooling with an almost vacant look in her eyes.

'Ok know that I've done everything I needed to concerning my status and stuff its time to get a look at my new world, this caves nice and all but I do want to explore a little.

' Vanessa thought as she began to walk toward the entrance of the cave until she was blinded by the entrance light until her eyes finally adjusted and when they did what she saw dumbfounded her.'

A vast open forest extended for as far as her eyes could see the sheer beauty of this forest, as well as its seemingly tranquil aura, seemed to increase Vanessa's focus of things around her. But that wasn't what truly surprised her what really did was the creatures she saw, until that point it hadn't really set home that Vanessa had been transmigrated to a fantasy world but now it seemed to practically be punching Vanessa in the face at this point and that is because the creatures she saw in front of her where definitely not normal.

What was she looking at you may ask well..... it was a goblin camp.

 

 

 

120