Foreword
11.1k 16 194
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Y’ello,

The following story demands some context, so let me provide it to you. It started in 2017 on a website called CHYOA. As you might guess from the name, it focuses on branching, Choose Your Own Adventure type stories - with a universally lewd twist.

There, a fellow author called Despaxas, started a story called The Gamer, CHYOA edition. It was inspired by a manwha that was fairly popular at the time. Very little of the original premise survived, but still that was the inspiration. Much as we have grown to view that original work as terrible in quality.

Talking about terrible in quality, my writing back in those days was quite subpar. Nevertheless, I started writing a branch on this story. This branch was and, at the time of me writing this foreword, still is my primary project. It has grown tremendously over the past six years, reaching a length of over 3 million words through near-daily releases, and will likely double in length before I am finally done with it.

As I wrote and write it, my skill improved and improves. Where it starts, it is terrible. I will not subject you to this terribleness and have therefore deigned to rewrite the first 326 chapters to closer match my modern standards. They will not quite be there, only so much I can do with the basis of my past awfulness, but it should be readable at least. Please, do judge at your own discretion.

The story is a single continuous one. Other branches of the premise were written by other authors. Whether they make it here or not, I do not know. If they do, expect me to advertise them here. We have done a lot together, or next to each other, and it would be amiss of me not to respect the community built together.

Why do I post the story here? Well, primarily for the reach. This story was also what created the opportunity to become a full time writer through its popularity. I don’t know if I can catch lightning in a bottle twice. Regardless, if I want to live off writing alone, I will need to advertise and there is no better advertisement for my body of work than my body of work.

So I hope you enjoy. I hope this story will entertain you, in its ups and downs, and that you will find that this rabbit hole is to your liking. Maybe, when you hit the current chapters, you will even find it appropriate to send me some contributions. This story expands by an average of 50’000 words a month, so I will say that, if you like reading this, it's money well invested.

But first, you should sample the product.

Announcement
Because people keep asking this: Yes, the ENTIRE story will be on this site eventually.
194