Halfway Into The Final Exam!
1.4k 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hinata and Homi both went in the arena. Homi had a rather arrogant look on his face as he appeared in the arena with a tanto on his back and long white hair. He looked at Hinata as if looking at a piece of garbage on the road before making an audible "Hmph!"

'This kid's personality could probably fail him for Chūnin already.' Genma inwardly thought

Hinata bowed towards her opponent.

"I hope we have a good fight.."

"Tch. What kind of idiot wishes for a good fight? Winning things easily should be the goal. Whatever though, get ready to lose."

"Begin you two." Genma said before Homi immediately took off and Hinata activating her Byakugan without any seals.

"I guess you're just like that other guy from last match. But it doesn't matter you won't be able to hit me anyway!"

Homi slashed towards Hinata with his blade. Hinata calmly looked in a certain direction in the audience before looking back towards her opponent and engaging him. Homi slashed multiple times but missed the Hyūga girl every time before eventually he got pissed and kicked towards her midsection. Hinata took advantage of her easily angered opponent and dodged to the side and slid towards him, getting very close in his guard. She pulled her arms back before thrusting them into his gut with her palms and launching him up and away in an arc.

"It seems she's doing better than that other guy already. Prodigy my butt. She already did more damage than he did."

"That's the current daughter of the Hyūga clan head!"

"No wonder she's so good. She would have to be if she was the heir of the Hyūga clan."

Homi spat out blood as he was blown away. Hinata looked worried about if she used too much force before seeing Homi struggle to get up. He stared daggers into her as if he could bite her head off due to how pissed he was. Hinata nearly froze at the killing intent shown by boy before remembering she felt something a lot more terrifying. Gaara's killing intent in the second test of the Chūnin Exams. She shook herself and stared at him with her back straight.

Homi was filled with anger. One hit and he's already this injured. The stupid guy from last round didn't look too strong, so why is she?!

'Her attack did something weird and my stomach feels like it's in a fire jutsu. I better end this while I can or I might be unable to continue from the pain.' Homi slowly got back up before making hand signs.

Hinata dashed towards her opponent who could still continue to fight as he went through hand seals. Eventually she heard,

"You forced me to reveal my secret technique! A lost branch of the hidden technique from the Yamanaka clan! It's called Spiritual Arts! This match is already over loser!"

"Spiritual Art: Hijacking!" Homi yelled before pointing at his tanto and then at the rushing Hinata.

He held both hands out as Hinata appeared in front of him and palmed straight towards his chest. He smirked as his tanto suddenly shot out from the side of his shorts and out of it's sheathe. Homi watched as the Hyūga princess was nearly skewered by his tanto, but barely managed to dodge. Homi's tanto managed to slice Hinata's arm badly enough to render one of her arms limp.

Hinata bit her lip to prevent herself from screaming in pain. She held her injured and badly bleeding arm. The sword that Homi had is now floating!

"I… I can't give up yet… I have to show him I'm not a failure… I can be strong too…" Hinata muttered to herself holding back tears in her eyes from the pain.

"You ready to give up yet princess?! If you aren't get ready for some more punishment!" Homi yelled while shaking and sweating heavily.

Hinata ran towards Homi who once again sent his tanto to attack her. Hinata dodged the flying tanto and continued towards Homi who was currently immobile from what she's seen. Apparently he couldn't move during this technique and she planned on taking advantage of that. She kept her Byakugan active and watched the tanto speed towards her. As she eventually arrived back in front of Homi, the tanto caught up just in time to save him. But this was what she was hoping for. Hinata ducked under the blade gracefully before throwing an upward thrust that shot out a faint burst of chakra along with it. The tanto was launched far into the sky.

"Gentle…Fist…Art: 8 Trigrams… 16 Palms…" Hinata said breathing ruggedly.

Homi was completely baffled and enraged. How dare this stupid idiot knock away his sword! How the hell did she manage to dodge his tanto with her arm like that!?

"Don't you dare!" Homi spat out while still holding his arms out and shaking. Blood started to leak from his nose and mouth.

Hinata yelled as her arm shot out at a rapid speed and struck Homi in his chest. "Two palms!" Hinata shouted before pulling her arm back and striking Homi two more times. "Four palms!" Her attacking arm started slightly shaking as she pulled it back once more and unleashed four palm strikes on Homi's stomach "Eight palms!". Homi spat out blood and stared at Hinata with absolute fury as she pulled her arm back once more struggling and shaking harshly. She stepped forward and shouted a painful yell before attacking Homi eight times all over his torso "Sixteen Palms!"

"A one armed version of that technique huh… Impressive and that gives me a few ideas for the future…" Jabie muttered to himself.

Homi was blasted away until he crashed and indented himself into the arena's walls. Hinata slumped to her knees as her arms laid limply at her side. Despite the immense pain she was feeling due to overstraining her arm and her previously bleeding arm, she smiled and cried a little.

'Have I finally made you proud father…? I didn't let your hard work in training me this month go to waste….' She looked towards her father, the clan head of the Hyūga clan Hiashi Hyūga, and saw him with a small smile aimed at her.

She let her tears flow freely as the medical nin came and got both her and her fallen opponent. The tanto that was previously launched in the air came down with a swift *snikt* and pierced into the earth.

The audience cheered loudly as the Hyūga heir being taken away for a great match.

"Good fight kid! You were awesome!"

"You were the bomb little princess!!"

"Hinata! Hinata! Hinata!"

"I'm so proud of her…." Kurenai said.

"Kid's really changed from how she used to be." Asuma said.

"I didn't expect that amount of spunk from her. She seemed as threatening as a mouse at the preliminaries." Temari said slightly impressed.

"Good job Hinata you were great!!!" Naruto shouted over the stands.

"The next match Naruto Uzumaki vs Sasuke Uchiha!" Genma announced.

The audience started to cheer even more as they heard Sasuke Uchiha was finally coming to fight. The last Uchiha of Konoha and praised genius. Everyone was looking forward to seeing him fight. Even the chunin, jonin, and judges!

"Whoa, I didn't get a cheer when my name was called. What the heck is this?" Esumi asked confused.

"Sasuke is very popular within our village for some reason. Most of the visitors who came to visit for the chunin exams looked forward to seeing Sasuke in action." Jabie said.

"The red eyed boy right?" Broly asked.

"Yeah him. From what I heard from rumors and books, the sharingan gives the users numerous amounts of abilities even if they only just awakened it recently. It's really crazy how many rumors there were about the abilities of the sharingan. Some were even crazy enough to say that a user of the sharingan could even create undying flames or teleportation at will. Completely ridiculous." Jabie said with a scoff.

"Haha sounds like another research target for you Jabie huh?" Esumi said while giggling.

"No. I'm not interested in the Uchiha's clan sharingan as much as the Byakugan. It won't further my research, only my fighting ability." Jabie answered.

"I see. Well if you find any sharingan eyes lying around give them to me. I would definitely like to create fire that doesn't go away and teleport all over the place. Sounds badass." Esumi said.

"There are only two sharingan users left. I hope this Itachi is much more of a challenge than his pathetic little brother." Broly said with a certain gleam in his eyes.

Naruto hopped over the balcony and landed in the arena with a victory hand sign.

"Naruto Uzumaki, future hokage, here to become a chunin and kick Sasuke's butt!" He announced loudly to the audience, who proceeded to mock him while looking for Sasuke.

"Haha no one is looking at that idiot!" Kiba yelled while laughing.

"Hey wait what's that!?" Sakura yelled while pointing at the arena.

From the arena came a swirl of leaves. The wind started to pick up suddenly and forced the leaves to swirl around in a tornado-like manner! Eventually the leaves started to die down and reveal two figures! Kakashi Hatake and Sasuke Uchiha appearing in an extremely impressive entrance! Both members of Team 7.

"Sorry we're a little late.." Kakashi apologized.

"And you are..?" Genma asked.

"Sasuke Uchiha."

"Hahhh?! I was starting to think you were too scared to fight me Sasuke!" Naruto said with a smile in his normally loud boisterous voice.

"Heh don't get too happy loser. You're just gonna be disappointed." Sasuke said with a grin.

"You two made it just on time for his match." Genma said to Kakashi.

"That's good! Ahahahah." Kakashi said while rubbing his tall white hair.

"Let's get this show on the road Sasuke!" Naruto said before back flipping in the air and landing a few feet away from Sasuke.

"Yeah. Lets." Genma said before starting the match.

"Sasuke here I come!" Naruto said before dashing at Sasuke.

Sasuke held his arm out and waved his hand towards himself

"Come on Naruto."

Naruto punched towards Sasuke's face. Sasuke caught Naruto's fist before kicking him in the stomach and knocking him away. Naruto flipped himself back up and into the air after landing and created 4 shadow clones.

"You're gonna need more than that if you want to defeat me Sasuke!" Naruto shouted before he and his clones turned into orange and yellow tunneling drills that aimed at Sasuke from 5 different directions.

Sasuke snorted as they drilled towards him. They all closed in on Sasuke and inches away from eventually smashing into him, and he suddenly disappeared! Naruto and his clones crashed into each other and 4 poofs of smoke appeared. After the smoke cleared, Naruto was on the ground rubbing his head.

"Hey don't run away!"

"Don't hit yourself then idiot." Sasuke said standing in front of Naruto uninjured.

Naruto growled slightly upset before taking out 4 shurikens and throwing them towards Sasuke while flipping himself back up and forming 4 more clones.

"You never learn, do you Naruto?" Sasuke asked before dodging the spinning flying ninja stars and appearing in front of the mid-air Naruto and his clones.

He swiftly took out the 4 clones before attacking Naruto with an overhead kick. Naruto was surprised at Sasuke's newfound speed!

'He wasn't nearly this fast a month ago! What kind of training did he do to reach this level of speed?' Naruto questioned to himself before blocking Sasuke's kick and being sent crashing towards the ground.

He landed harshly on the ground. He forced his eyes open despite the painful impact only to notice Sasuke's incoming feet! He quickly rolled out the way before throwing two shurikens at the landing Sasuke. Sasuke disappeared once more and appeared in front of Naruto. He threw a kick at Naruto's face.

Naruto grunted as he caught Sasuke's foot and proceeded to lift his leg and spin him around. Sasuke used his other leg to kick Naruto's hand and forced him to let go as he landed on the ground and hopped in the air while forming hand signs.

He shouted, "Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!" and a stream of fire expelled from his mouth in the shape of a beam!

"You're not the only one who has an element to use now Sasuke!" Naruto yelled before going through his own hand seals and shouting back, "Uzumaki Wind Blast!" and blowing out a large gust of wind in the shape of the spiral, or more specifically the Uzumaki's clan symbol, from his mouth that soared towards Sasuke's fireball jutsu.

The two jutsu dove towards each other as if they had a personal vendetta against each other. The two techniques were closing in and about to clash. Naruto watched in excitement before eventually his face fell in disappointment.

"I didn't know the leaf village produced wind-natured shinobi." Temari said with slight interest.

'So Naruto-kun has an affinity for wind chakra huh. Interesting.' Hiruzen thought to himself.

"Since when could he do that..?" Kakashi asked out loud.

"You didn't know either?!" Sakura yelled.

"Ebisu must have taught him how to train his chakra nature and his control… But he doesn't seem like the type to do this." Kakashi muttered.

"Hahaa You don't even know the abilities of your own student Kakashi! You're slacking as my Eternal Rival!" Might Guy said youthfully.

Kakashi's face grew slightly upset to this. He looked at Sakura.

"Nope! I don't know anything except the tree-walking exercises. Are you planning on teaching me an element too?" Sakura said.

"I had wished to spend more time on team exercises with you three, but I suppose it's time I step up the pace on your training together..." Kakashi said with a sigh.

"You should show more youthful enthusiasm in your teaching Kakashi!" Guy said.

*BACK TO THE FIGHT*

Naruto's jutsu was consumed by Sasuke's stream of fire. Due to this Sasuke's jutsu became much stronger than usual and took on a new form. The previous beam of fire turned into a spiral shaped fire that was swirling towards Naruto's position.

"Why the heck did your fire jutsu eat my wind jutsu!? How did it even do that?!" Naruto shouted before jumping away from the incoming merged attack.

The jutsu spiraled into the arena's ground and burned the shape of the Uzumaki's clan symbol into a large part of it.

"Idiot. Didn't you get taught the elemental strengths and weaknesses?" Sasuke said before Naruto slapped his forehead.

"I freaking forgot! The notes even pointed that out at the end of the notebook! Gah I'm so dumb sometimes.."

Sasuke shook his head with a smile at Naruto's antics before dashing towards him. Naruto quickly got back into battle mode and prepared himself. Sasuke almost managed to kick Naruto in his chin from below. Naruto managed to dodge in time and grabbed Sasuke's leg once more. He threw him in the air without any spinning this time. As he launched Sasuke high in the air, he quickly used the taijutsu he copied from Kiba and drilled towards Sasuke.

Sasuke started to claw at the air before also forming a tunneling-like taijutsu attack! But instead of being directly like Kiba's and Naruto's, who were the same except with different colors, Sasuke's took on a different appearance. Instead of being a black and blue tunneling drill it was a silver colored one!

The two drills clashed and a loud cry filled with pain was heard as one of the two drills blasted off. A cloud of dust rose as an orange blur crashed into the ground. Sasuke returned back to his normal non-drill appearance but instead was wrapped in ninja wire! He had wrapped the sharp ninja wires around his body before he copied the taijutsu Naruto used! Sasuke landed in a cool pose before watching Naruto get up slightly injured with many cuts on his jacket and pants.

"Why is everyone stealing my clan's technique!? Just because it's easy to use doesn't mean you should take it! I would have expected this from Sasuke, but you Naruto!? Come on man!" Kiba complained.

"Sasuke-kun made it cooler, so it's his move now." Sakura said defending Sasuke.

Kiba just muttered angrily to himself.

"I think it's time to get serious Sasuke! I noticed you haven't even used your sharingan yet." Naruto shouted.

"Took you long enough loser. I was getting a bit bored of beating you around as well." Sasuke said before activating his sharingan. His previous black pupils spun and quickly turned red as two black tomoe appeared on each of his eyes. Sasuke grabbed his arm before unlatching some sort of black wrapping over his arm.

Naruto yelled "Release!" and punched in the air. "Yata! Now this is the feeling!" Naruto said as he released his level 7 gravity seal. He smiled towards an equally smiling Sasuke.

"Round 2 Sasuke! Let's get this started!

24