1. Hold On, I still Need You
1.9k 6 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a big, white room, a very thin and pale young man laid on a bed surrounded by people trying so hard to suppress their tears and wailing. Yukio smiled while looking at each face that showed nothing but love for him and the fear of losing him. He felt coldness creeping in his body from his toes and his energy slowly being drained. He looked at his twin brother standing beside him and being able to feel each other since they were young, he could feel the intensity of pain that was crushing his brother's heart while smiling back at him.

"Take care of Ma and Pa... and.. and d-don't cry too l-long... Your eyes will d-disappear... Hehe..." Yukio weakly raised his hand to touch the trembling hand on his shoulder.

His twin brother smiled back at him and gently squeezed his shoulder. He wouldn't talk, he was too afraid that if he let out even just a bit of a sound, he'd break down and Yukio would be aggrieved to see that.

"We love you, my baby. We love you so much. We will forever love you."

His mom was clutching on his feet, holding on so tightly, afraid that if she loosened her grip even a little, her son would stop breathing. Her breathing was labored and heavy and her whole body was trembling.

His dad was looking at him with eyes full of hundreds or thousands of words but just lightly nodded at him. Yukio always admired the strength of their father and he knew that even at this moment, his dad wouldn't show too much weakness. His face stayed firm and resolute but his lips were slightly quivering along with the hand that was tightly grasping the edge of the bed.

"Ma... I'll g-go.. to s-sleep now..." Yukio used the remaining strength he had to smile his sweetest to his mom that his eyes turned into slits.

"Y-yes... yes, baby, good ni-"

Everyone in the room heard it. The last breath that escaped his mouth. Everyone saw it. The drop of his hand.

Mrs. Yamamoto wasn't even able to finish his sentence, her beloved son already fell asleep. She let out a scream full of agony and grief and Mr. Yamamoto quickly embraced his wife and drew her tightly unto him.

The young man beside the sleeping body leaned over and kissed the forehead of his most beloved person in the world. His life started with him, how could his end be without him now?

"Yukio... Yukio... Yukio, brother, let's meet again." He said, but in his head, he was desperate. "No, no, hold on, don't go, please... Please..."

This time, he couldn't stop his tears anymore. The body that he was holding was already stiff, so quiet, no breath, warmth slowly receding.

He cried and cried while pressing his forehead on the neck of his brother. His smiles, his laughters, his voice, all ringing in his head. Yukio, the sunshine in his life, the hope in his despairs, the strength in his weaknesses... "How can I live now that I already lost half of me, huh? Can't you come back..? Please... I'll do everything. I'll give up anything..."

The room was filled with mournful cries and even the relatives who stayed with the family for these several days, also taking turns in taking care of Yukio, were crying and hugging each other. Some of his close friends were also there. The grief was too much that the whole atmosphere was enough to drown anyone.

Needless to say, although a very sickly person, Yukio lived his life being a big and positive part of countless lives around him. He was dearly valued and greatly loved. He was an existence that was engraved in so many hearts. And this, Yukio felt this even up to his last breath and he was grateful, happy without too much regrets.

-------------

He was blinded with a bright light so he blinked a couple of times trying to adjust his vision. When all became clearer, he saw a wide window with open curtains and strong rays of light passed through it hurting his eyes. He looked around just to see a huge room with a 219-inch television in front of his bed, a 6-foot mahogany Cleopatra chair on the foot of it, a crystal bedside table and a floor with a thick carpet.

Yukio raised his upper body when a small bottle rolled beside him. He looked at it and read the label, Prozac 60mg. The bottle was open and it was empty. He looked at his hand and there were still some capsules left.

Suddenly, he felt a strong nausea hitting him and before he could think of running to the bathroom, he already vomited beside the bed. It took a while before it stopped. He was sweating despite the low AC in the room and his chest hurt a lot. His stomach also hurt and he was so dizzy. He panicked a little so he laid back on the bed for a while and calmed himself.

"Suicide. Drug overdose..." He raised his hand and felt his pulse then touched his forehead. "Okay, it will be okay."

Yukio moved his body off the bed, slowly and weakly went to the bathroom as he recognized this for having only a frosted glass as a wall partition. No time to admire the massive bathroom that looked like it belonged to a prince, he was immediately assaulted with diarrhea. 

While cleaning his body afterwards, his mind went a thousand Mbps downloading so many memories all at the same time. Even the skills and all the knowledge that the original body had were downloaded and Yukio felt dizzier. It was like watching billions of pictures flashing in front of his eyes.

He picked a fragment of his memory telling him that he had been having medications for dysthymia for three years now. The medicine that he overdosed with was just one of the medications that he had.

After a while, the frantic flow of memories stopped. His brain calmed down and his thought process went back to normal. In reference to his acquired memories, he had a trusted person who knew everything about him. His psychological condition and his medications were also completely open to this person but not to anyone else.

Staggering back to his bed, he reached out for his mobile phone and dialed the number of that person.

"Yukio? What's wrong?" An obvious concern was felt from the other side.

Knowing that the body's original body was also named as Yukio, he was no longer surprised to hear the man say his name, "Eiji... Can you come over?"

"What's happening?"

"Just... " Yukio held his throbbing head. "Just come over quickly."

The man sighed and answered, "Ten minutes." And the call was cut.

While waiting, Yukio mustered some strength and took a quick shower, wore a set of casual clothes and sat at the cleopatra chair. He closed his eyes and his mind scanned as much information as he could about the Yukio who committed suicide. He also found out that this wasn't his first attempt. Eiji was also the person who found him and took him to the hospital during the previous attempts.

When the door opened, a man that seemed to be around 185cm tall came in. He had blonde hair and green eyes and sported a serious face.

"What is it this time?" His sight wandered on the bed and saw the evidences that were yet to be cleaned

"What is it this time?" His sight wandered on the bed and saw the evidences that were yet to be cleaned. Another sigh was let out and he held Yukio up, "Let's go. Let's have an idiot thoroughly checked up again."

Yukio didn't say anything and just followed.

A grand interior welcomed his sight when he went out of his room. This house was really deserving to be called a mansion of a business tycoon. There were house helpers and a butler that saw both of them but they just bowed their heads avoiding eye contacts with him. Seemed like this thing was just a normal occurrence in the house and they all had an idea what was happening.

Before walking out the main door, a woman elegantly dressed even at her own house came in and looked indifferently at Yukio then smiled at Eiji, "Sorry to disturb you again, Eiji. Can we also ask you to avoid being caught by the public this time?"

Eiji just nodded his head and led Yukio to his car. Yukio obediently sat on the passenger's side and buckled up. On their way, he heard the man beside him sigh a couple of times.

"It's not so bad. I feel just... a little off." Yukio looked out of the window to see the grand mansion as they drove away. Everything and everyone there felt so cold.

"Until when are you going to do this? If you hate them this much, then hurt them, not yourself."

Yukio knew that the original owner didn't hate anyone but was just extremely lonely. "I don't hate them."

Eiji threw a glance at him and said, "If you want their attention, do it the right way. You are the sole heir of the family Yoshida. You are smart, talented and well-trained in business. Accept the company and take over now. There are so many ways to prove your value, Yukio."

In his memory, Eiji was his mother's son before she met his father. His mother left him with the relatives in an urban town so she could work in Tokyo where her fate made a good turn. She got married to a wealthy business tycoon then gave birth to Yukio. It was a very hard pregnancy and she fell critically ill after giving birth. After recovering, they found out that she couldn't get pregnant again, not that she wanted to experience such hardship again.

However, Yukio grew up as an exorbitant and very pessimistic child. Always in the extremes, always in the dark. At times, he would turn violent and rude due to his unpredictable temper. If not for his status, no one would even throw a drop of attention towards him. His dad cared about the business more and his mom just didn't know how to be a mother being abandoned by her own mother at an early age as well.

Yukio's lack of affection from his family was compensated with a flood of material and financial indulgence. Desperate for love, he used the money his parents gave him to pay for people to look for his half-brother. Yes, although he was so unlikable, he was extremely resourceful even at a young age. When he finally found his half-brother, malnourished and uneducated, Yukio used the resources he had to send him to school, gave him tutors so he could catch up with his studies and even enrolled him to special courses fit for children of elite status.

With Eiji, he held a certain connection feeling that they were both abandoned only in different ways. He bought a big apartment for him, a very expensive car and also gave him money for his daily expenses. He even funded Eiji's start for his own business and supported its stabilization. When Yukio's parents found out about the things concerning his half-brother, they just turned a blind eye but they doubled his allowance saying nothing.

12 years after their first meeting, he was now 24 and the man beside him was 28, their bond had become stronger and stronger as brothers. The only light he could see in his life was Eiji and the latter showed the most genuine of all feelings, be it love or anger, admiration or annoyance, gratefulness or disappointment. Eiji never pretended in front of him, not like countless of people who were all trying to curry favor with him.

"Eiji, I'm hungry."

"Don't talk to me yet. I don't want to hear an idiot's voice."

"Eiji, I want nikujaga..." This was Yukio's favorite food and one of Eiji's specialties being a skilled cook.

"All right, I'll cook all your medicines later        

"All right, I'll cook all your medicines later."

Looking at the man sitting beside him, Eiji's heart ached despite the sharp words he threw. Although he grew from an extremely poor household and could sometimes not eat in a day, he was still blessed with a warm home. His aunts and uncles genuinely cared for him. In his apartment now, he even took his aunt and uncle who raised him, together with their only daughter, to live with him. He was loved but this man beside him could only harm himself just to have a glimpse of what love was. And still, failed to get it.

"They don't taste good." Putting his arms across his stomach like he was in pain, he looked at Eiji.

The latter sighed. "We'll eat after Dr. Ueda sees you." Dr. Ueda was Yukio's psychiatrist and everything about him was highly and strictly kept confidential that every time they go to the hospital, they came in through a different door.

"Mm."

"How are you feeling now?"

"Tolerable."

"Yukio..." Eiji suddenly remembered something and 'though he knew it wasn't the right time to say it, he also knew that he couldn't drag it anymore.

"Mm?" He answered while leaning his head backwards and closing his eyes.

"Can I say a few more things?"

"You never asked permission when you nagged before, did you?" Yukio grinned. He found it funny. Eiji was absolutely a nagger in his memory and there was no such thing as a warning before he verbally abused him.

Eiji scoffed. "You won't like what I'll be saying next."

"I particularly liked listening to you?" This time, Yukio broke into a light cackle.

"Jerk." Eiji jeered but in his heart, he was happy to sense that Yukio's mood was better. Yet, he couldn't help but tell him what could make him feel worse. It couldn't wait anymore.

"The transfer was already done. You must start with the company tomorrow."

'Ah, yes. The body's original owner committed suicide after hearing this from his father. It was because starting to manage their company means..." Yukio stayed silent and let Eiji finish.

"So, it means that... Yukio, your engagement with the heir of the Nakamura conglomerate is sealed." Eiji's voice toned down a notch with a concerned caution.

"Mm."

"You know it was already predestined the moment you were born as an omega?" It was not a question, actually.

Yukio swallowed a block of air in his throat. Digging in his memory again, this world, place, dimension or whatever it was where he woke up, had secondary genders. Alpha, Beta and Omega.

The Alphas are the superior ones in strength, temperament, intelligence and the ability to procreate. In short, they are considered as the innate leaders.

The Betas are the neutrals, depending on their chosen way of cultivating themselves, they can closely adapt to the nature of an Alpha or that of an Omega. They are the flexible and the least problematic ones.

The Omegas, however, are usually the weakest types but the most highly regarded because they are the best carrier of genes. If an Omega carries the child of an Alpha, all the positive traits and strengths of the Alpha sire are amplified. Same thing when it's with a Beta. An Omega's temperament is also comparative to that of a flower, so delicate, gentle and mild. It's even known that you can only at most be indifferent to an Omega but you can never hate him unless with the gravest reason one can have.

Yukio was an Omega, quite a deviation from the normal description of an Omega though.

"We're here." As they reached the hospital, they went through the special door and went directly to Dr. Ueda's clinic.

Dr. Ueda was a middle-aged psychiatrist who looked so dependable and wise with his serious but calm demeanor. He immediately began asking series of questions and did some tests to Yukio. After a couple of hours, he sat on the chair facing the two.

"You're lucky that your body is strong and healthy. Yet again, it has survived without debilitating consequences. It is even better now than the result of last month's act." Dr. Ueda pushed the center of his eyeglasses up with his finger while still seriously staring at the test results.

"What is it, Dr. Ueda?" Eiji voiced out the question in Yukio's head.

"There's just one thing that might be bothersome to you." He moved his gaze to Yukio. "Your Omega gland is severely damaged now. I warned you about this after your second attempt . Then you had your third and now your fourth. The damage is irreversible."

"And? Please elaborate." Eiji is now looking at Yukio with more concern.

"Have you had your first estrus already?" Estrus means being in a totally uncontrollable urge to mate.

"Not yet." After checking his memory, he answered the inquiring doctor.

"I see." He straightened his back and calmly explained the situation. "The damage will result to an abnormal estrus period. You might or might not have it in a month. You might have it quickly but you might also have it in a prolonged period. There's no way to predict it because there won't be any pattern. And..."

"And?" Eiji felt annoyed with all the cliffhangers already.

"The amount of hormones that will be released each time will be tremendous in amount and strength which can immensely affect anyone within a wide range. It will be chaotic for the Alphas around you and will be seriously dangerous for you."

"What treatment should I have to fix it?" Remembering that Eiji was a Beta, he somehow felt relieved. Even if the soul was different, the body was still blood-related. It was a good thing that Beta's endurance and tolerance towards an Omega's estrus was also strong and unbreakable unless the Beta accepted it.

"There is no available treatment nor medication to fix it. Your gland has already reached its limit in enduring the drug abuses in your body after several critical overdoses."

"Mm." Yukio looked down in despair. 'Well, what now? Tsk. You were quite abusive to yourself, how hard was your life to be like that?'

"If there's any countermeasure for it, I know only one thing."

"To be marked." Dr. Ueda and Eiji said the three words at the same time. It was an obvious answer to this dilemma. Obvious, but knowing Yukio, it was more difficult than climbing Mt. Everest.

"If you are marked, your Alpha can absorb all the pheromones that you will be releasing in the air during the estrus period and your focus will be on him alone, not affecting any other Alpha around. In turn, he can resolve the intense pain and discomfort you'll be experiencing. This will be laborious to your Alpha though since we don't know the extent of it."

Yukio looked at Dr. Ueda not knowing what to feel. He pitied the one who committed suicide after watching all of his memories play in his mind but really, he didn't know what to do with all of this now.

"I understand." He stood up and straightened his pants, "We'll be leaving now. Thank you for your time, Dr. Ueda."

"Wait, I'll write a prescrip-"

Yukio held his right hand up and smiled, "It's okay. I won't be needing those anymore. In any case, I can just ask Eiji to get them for me."

"Yukio..." The doctor paused for a while and held his forehead then raised his head to look at him. This time, the look of a professional drifted away and was replaced by a concern rooted from all these years of knowing the young man in front of him. "I would love to see your children growing up and all that handsomeness...", he gestured her hand up from Yukio's head to his toes. "...are reflected on them."

Eiji looked away because deep inside, that was what he was wishing for all these times. If only his brother would start to see life in another way despite everything. He knew his brother's intelligence and skills. If he acted well, he could even be better and more powerful in the business realm than his father.

"I won't be seeing you for a long while, Dr. Ueda." Yukio smiled to the doctor and walked out of the room with Eiji.

---

Author's notes:

This is my first published novel so please let me know if you have comments or suggestions. It will surely be greatly, greatly appreciated. 

And oh, please check out my Wattpad profile (https://www.wattpad.com/user/IshiiMichiko) for more updates about this story.

14