Chapter 25: Young Master Yun Xinghe
87 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ye Jing and her retinue were in a large room that they had rented at the heart of Tranquil City.

Xiaofang had recovered and he was looking at Ye Jing blankly. Until now he could scarcely believe that she had won the duel. If she had not won, then Hua Ni’Er and Hua Xie’Er would not be here now.

Hua Ni’Er and Hua Xie’Er were very young. Both were 16 year old and they were also celestials at birth. But their cultivations were not strong at all because they were from a 3rd rated celestial clan the Deific Homer Clan in the northeast.

According to their accounts, their celestial clan was attacked in the middle of the night. Many were massacred by masked assailants, including their parents. They were captured and sold into slavery by the masked assailants. They had heard one man addressed their masked leader as ‘Old Knife’. Other than this clue, they had no idea who their clan had offended.

Ye Jing embraced Yu’Er who was now a chicken again close to her bosoms as she said gently, “Elder Fang and Elder Yunfeng, these divine swords are yours now.”

She had taken two divine swords from her jade belt and let it floated to them.

Xiaofang saw that the divine sword that had float to him was a half-step positive divine sword.

Ye Jing said to Xiaofang, “You’ve shattered your sword and is in need of a good sword now. From now on, this divine sword is yours.”

Chu Yunfeng was startled as he eyed the half-step balance divine sword in front of him. He was a balance attribute and this divine sword would be extremely helpful. But a divine sword was extremely rare even among the major celestial clans and it was not something to be given out without any immerse merit.

Unlike Xiaofang who had risked his life to help Ye Jing to gauge the strength of Beitang Ze, he actually did nothing.

He stammered, “I don’t deserve…”

At the most crucial moment, he had lost his courage…

But Ye Jing smiled, “Then you shall better yourself until you truly deserve the divine sword.”

She sighed softly, “The Empyrean Warrior Labyrinth will be a dangerous place to tackle. I hope that both elders will not let the divine swords that are in your hands down and do your best for the Holy Citadel City.”

Li’Er was smiling weakly, “As a direct protégé disciple of the Holy Consort, I don’t even have a divine sword. Both of you are so lucky!”

Xiaofang did not say anything. It was because he knew that Ye Jing did not want him to use his immortal sword until it was the last resort.

Chu Yunfeng was greatly touched and he said loudly, “I swear that I will be loyal to the Holy Consort forever, never going back on my oath!”

Then he looked at Xiaofang, “No wonder you can beat me. You are an Immortal Celestial.”

Xiaofang replied politely, “I am only at the lower stage of the Immortal Celestial level. I am not much stronger than you.”

Chu Yunfeng smiled weakly, “A realm difference is a big difference as a matter of fact.”

Hua Ni’Er and Hua Xie’Er were staring at Xiaofang. He did not look much older than them but he was already an Immortal Celestial. They were not paying attention to him earlier because they were not hopeful that anyone could defeat a dark monarch. Only the intervention of a golden celestial like Ye Jing could give them a glimmer of hope.

Chu Yunfeng turned to Ye Jing as he said respectfully, “We are lucky to be unscathed this time. I hope that this will be the last time the Holy Consort will be risking your life for us. We shall be the ones protecting you and not the other way around.”

It was true. Ye Jing was even prepared to use the poisoned pill in the event she was captured by Beitang Ze. It was a lucky thing that he was willing to let her prepare three strokes in advance. If not, it would be difficult for her to maintain a distance from him and to fly up the sky with Yu’Er.

Ye Jing replied sheepishly, “Alright. This will be the very last time then.”

Chu Yunfeng added, “I’m thinking that we should rejoin the main party at the first break of dawn tomorrow…”

Ye Jing said with a fluffy voice as she interrupted him, “We have not been to the Heavenly Temple of the Lord Tranquil yet. That is the main attraction and we should visit it at least once in our lifetime.”

Just as Chu Yunfeng was about to protest, there was a shout outside the room. “Where is that Demoness Ye Jing hiding? I know that she is here! Do you want to continue hiding? Where are you Demoness Ye Jing?! Are you too afraid to show up?”

Ye Jing growled softly for she recognized the voice of Beitang Ying, “She is indeed fast. She has even given me a nickname. This is too outrageous. I have barely taken a break and she is here already. Maybe I should call her Avenger Beitang Ying.”

It was indeed Supremacy Beitang Ying.

She had entered the tavern with a young man and she was sweeping her glances around the place as she taunted, “Demoness Ye Jing, where are you?”

The young man that was with her was saying weakly, “It may not be a good idea to attract so much attention.”

Beitang Ying stared at him coldly, “Duan Yizong, if you are afraid then you can leave now.”

Duan Yizong smiled weakly, “I am not afraid but…”

He pointed at a group of swordsmen that were sitting at the corner, “We may have already attracted unwanted attention.”

Among this group of swordsmen, there were two persons with golden eyes. From the look of their attire, they were from the Celestial Sword Clan which was ranked one of the top three patriarch celestial clans!

The older man with the golden eyes immediately sneered, “Two dark celestials that are causing trouble.”

The younger man with the golden eyes was smiling as he appraised the two dark celestials, “And one of them is pretty attractive.”

Beitang Ying was offended as she stared at them coldly, “Dogs of the Celestial Sword Clan!”

Immediately all the swordsmen around the two golden eyes men began to draw out their swords, “What did you say?”

“Who says I am afraid of you? Here I am!” an astonishing looking young maiden said as she took slow steps down the stairs. It was Ye Jing and behind her were Xiaofang, Chu Yunfeng and Li’Er.

Beitang Ying was already attractive enough but when Ye Jing had appeared, everyone was looking at her because her beauty was peerless in many ways, taking the imagination of the dozens of people that were in the tavern.

Immediately everyone was whispering, “Who is she? Since she is a golden celestial then she must have a prominent background…”

Immediately the younger golden eyes man had stood up as he respectfully bowed with his hands at Ye Jing, “I am Young Master Yun Xinghe. May I know maiden name?”

Ye Jing had her eyes all on Beitang Ying when he had suddenly called her out from her blind spot. She turned her attention from Beitang Ying and appraised this Young Master Yun Xinghe. She had definitely heard of his name before. He was said to be the young master of the Celestial Sword Clan.

She took a glance at him and said, “So you are Junior Yun Xinghe.”

The older golden eyes man said angrily, “How dare you display such rudeness to our Young Master Yun Xinghe. I dare you to say your name loud!”

Beitang Ying was smiling, “So the dogs of the patriarch celestial clans are all biting at each other now.”

When the older golden eyes man heard her, he asked. “You are one of us?”

Ye Jing said, “I am Ye Jing, the Holy Consort of the Holy Citadel City. Am I wrong to say that he is a junior?”

Both the older golden eyes man and Young Master Yun Xinghe were startled, “You’re the Holy Consort?”

The older golden eyes man said, “My respects to the Holy Consort. I’m Celestial Yun Chen, an elder of the Celestial Sword Clan.”

Indeed as patriarch leader, Ye Jing had the right to call Young Master Yun Xinghe as her junior.

Young Master Yun Xinghe did not mind her comments at all. He was rather disappointed that such a peerless maiden was actually engaged to that rascal Young Master Yuan Chengzhi. He could only say with disappointing sigh, “I have heard that the Holy Consort is engaged to Young Master Yuan Chengzhi.”

Ye Jing was annoyed, “Who says I am engaged to Yuan Chengzhi? Who has been spreading this rumor around?”

Young Master Yun Xinghe asked, “It is not true?”

Ye Jing replied coldly, “Of course it is not. Don’t let me hear another word of it. It is really annoying.”

Young Master Yun Xinghe was instantly delighted, “Is the Holy Consort in trouble with the dark celestials? I can take care of your troubles for you.”

Ye Jing looked at Beitang Ying and said, “Indeed!”

Beitang Ying said coldly, “Oh? You have found some strong helpers. But in my eyes, they are nothing at all!”

Young Master Yun Xinghe had stepped in as he said, “I don’t want to fight nameless dark celestials. Why don’t you report your names?”

Beitang Ying hummed coldly, “Supremacy Beitang Ying from the Scarlet Heretic Sect.”

Duan Yizong smiled coldly, “Supremacy Duan Yizong, protégé leader of the Thousands Fragments Sect.”

When Young Master Yun Xinghe and Celestial Yun Chen heard their names and clan of origin, they were slightly startled and a little speechless.

It was because Beitang Ying was the younger sister of Beitang Ze, the protégé leader of the Scarlet Heretic Sect. As for Duan Yizong, he was a peaked supremacy and the protégé leader of the Thousands Fragment Sect which also happened to be one of the top 3 heretic celestial clans.

Young Master Yun Xinghe was thinking weakly, “The Holy Consort sure knows how to pick her enemies…”

Duan Yizong yawned coldly, “If the Celestial Sword Clan wants a fight, I will gladly give you.”

Young Master Yun Xinghe was smiling weakly; he was a lower stage golden celestial while Elder Yun Cheng was an intermediate golden celestial. Against a peaked supremacy like Duan Yizong who was half a step to become a dark monarch, it was going to be a difficult fight. At the same time they had just offended two major heretic clans…

Li’Er, Xiaofang and Chu Yunfeng were watching as well and they were smiling weakly at Young Master Yun Xinghe. It was because he was in the exact situation as Ye Jing when she had offended Monarch Beitang Ze.

Young Master Yun Xinghe smiled weakly, “Since we are at the Tranquil City, it is quite pointless for us to fight a life and death battle with each other. Moreover we are all from the major celestial clans. It will be good if we can settle our differences amicably.”

Beitang Ying pointed her sword at Ye Jing, “Not unless this demoness is dead!”

Duan Yizong did not know who Demoness Ye Jing was. He had followed Beitang Ying here when she had mentioned to him that she was looking for her to settle a score. When he had seen Ye Jing, he too was astonished at her peerless beauty and he was secretly filled with admiration for her. So he said, “Ying, cool down. What exactly happens?”

“She! She…” Beitang Ying found it difficult to say it out.

Ye Jing said casually, “I’ve won the duel with Beitang Ze fair and square. Your brother didn’t even look for me. Why did you look for me for? We’re supposed to forget that incident as part of our deal.”

When Young Master Yun Xinghe and Celestial Yun Chen had overheard that Ye Jing even offended the most dangerous celestial in the celestial realm, they had immediately turned pale. To help her was like offending the two major heretic clans. Although the Celestial Sword Clan was powerful as well and could contest against these two major heretic clans, they were not willing to sacrifice unnecessary especially when there were no benefits involved.

Beitang Ying said, “Demoness Ye Jing! Do you dare to have a life and death duel with me?”

Ye Jing smiled coldly, “What is there for me to duel with you? If I lose, I lose everything. This is the Tranquil City so I am not dueling with you. If you want to fight me then I shall see you at the Empyrean Warrior Labyrinth.”

Beitang Ying was slightly taken aback. Since she had already vented enough, she said to Duan Yizong as she marched off. “Let’s go!”

Duan Yizong gave an unfriendly stare at Young Master Yun Xinghe and Celestial Yun Chen but gave a smile at Ye Jing before he left with Beitang Ying.

Young Master Yun Xinghe heaved a soft sigh and just as he was about to approach Ye Jing, she had already turned around and had gone up the stairs!

Celestial Yun Chen smiled weakly, “This is really such a small city. We ought to lie low and be more discreet. Once we got the supplies that we want, we should go immediately.”

“Young Master?”

But Young Master Yun Xinghe was not paying any attention. He was staring at where Ye Jing was last seen.

Slowly he said, “I think that I’m in love…”

Celestial Yun Chen was startled by what he had heard. It was because Young Master Yun Xinghe had never been interested in any of the beautiful maidens that were introduced to him over the years. He was wholly focused on cultivating and at the young age of 250, he was already a golden celestial.

It was the first time he had told anyone that he was in love!

However Ye Jing made him uneasy. She was like a rose with sharp thorns. Since ancient times, a peerless beauty could cause upheavals in the entire realm and this Ye Jing was such a peerless beauty.

3