Chapter 3: Rock of Confrontation
1.1k 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

———Eric Hernandez———

 

Today is a bit more exciting than the rest, if only because we’re not in the classroom, it’s a field trip, to a museum. Nothing spectacular I know, but it’s way better than being stuck in the classroom.

At this point we simply walk around in a group to look at artifacts and so forth, nothing world shattering, Sophia have been sticking with me much to my chagrin, she’s definitely doing this on purpose to make me spill the bean about the ‘girl’ that she encountered two days ago. I need to think up excuses and fast.

 

#####

 

There’s nothing standing out in this room for me as far as I could tell, just some stuff about space and such, some old equipment use back then and a rock… just a rock… nothing special… nothing to worry about… 

...

!?

N-No! Why now!? Shit shit shit! I have to leave! Found some sunlight! Anything!

“TeacherI’mnotfeelingwellI’llbegoingtotherestroomnow!” I quickly said and make a run for it.

 

———Sophia Hayes———

 

What was that about? He just make a beeline for it, maybe he have a really bad stomach problem or something?... Hm? What’s this pebble doing here on the ground? Is it from that exhibit over there? Well, I doubt they’ll make a deal about part of their exhibit getting into a hand of some random girl. It’s super valuable so I might as well take it with me, even though I probably have no need for it and me trying to sell it might made me be suspected of doing illegal stuff.

 

———Lunia Hernandez———

 

Why did the transformation have to start now? It’s not nighttime, I’m not even out in the open! There’s no way moonlight exist in here! I’m in the restroom stall contemplating at the moment, a pathetic scene to be sure.

Why though? There’s no moon, and therefore no moonlight… wait, where was it that I started changing? A space exhibit of some sort, stuff about space… far from Earth… like a moon… and stuff about the moon like it’s… surface… the rock… the rock… that was a moon rock! No wonder it changed me! It’s a surface of the moon reflecting light shine down on it… it’s emanating moonlight! That’s why! Damn, one more thing to avoid, or one thing that I wanted to get my hands on, for obvious reason.

 

———Sophia Hayes———

 

It’s rather concerning how he just run away like that… hope he’s fine. Maybe I should go check up on him, it’s definitely better and standing around looking at stuff.

“Teacher, can I go check up on Eric?” I asked.

“Sure, just be sure to come back before we leave at… 2:40 PM. Right, before then”

“Thank you teacher” I walk out of the room we were in and walk to the bathroom, it’s 1:50 PM on my phone right now, shouldn’t take that long.

 

#####

 

Hm? Is that him over there? Yeah I’m pretty sure, wears the same clothes and all, just hiding his face for some reason… actually looking at what’s visible isn’t that a girl’s hand holding the hood down? 

“!?” Oh, they saw me, I think I saw a bit of their face… Definitely a girl.

*Dash*

Whoa! There they goes… or she I suppose, I’m pretty sure Eric is nowhere near that fast, it has to be the girl. Seriously what’s with the same getup? So weird, this pair. I should go to her, see why she’s here and asking her some questions.

 

#####

 

There she is… wait, no it’s him. Damn it.

“Hold it Eric, what were you doing and where is that girl?” He should saw her zipping around I’m sure.

“I… have no idea what you’re talking about, just some stomach ache, what girl?” You’re not convincing anyone with that. I approach him and grab his shoulders.

“You’re not fooling me with that, where is she and why did you run off?” I said to him.

“... Just some chronic condition, I don’t want to talk about it, been having it since I was five” Never heard of that before.

“What about the girl?” That’s what important.

“She left already” What!? Already!?

“Are you certain!?” I asked loudly.

“Why are you obsessed over this person anyway!” He said trying to push my hand away, I’m not letting go!

“Because she’s strong! Stronger than me! Than anyone I know! I want to follow her example so I can become strong as well!” I don’t plan on being weak, I don’t plan on receiving help, I do not want to be oppressed by any man, an irresponsible man, I want to have the strength to take on anyone. His face have a grim expression now.

“You better be careful with what you wish for… I learn that the hard way” … He said it in such a cold and chilling tone I can’t help but back away… what does he means by that? The hard way?

“I’ll be going now, be careful, and stop asking about that girl, she’s dangerous”

“Dangerous? Is she really? I think she’s quite the opposite, rescuing me and all that” I said in a mocking tone, trying to stay cool.

“You don’t want to know!” He said with desperation and worry, is she really that dangerous?

“If you valued your sanity…” Huh? What does that mean? Sanity? Don’t just walk away! I want a clear answer! Hey!

 

#####

 

———Lunia Hernandez———

 

That was a really stressful day with new revelation, and even more trouble that is Sophia, what’s with her obsession with strength, other people admired her for being rather ambitious in becoming strong and fit and all that, but to me it seems a little misplaced, even a little scary, I can’t really put my hands on it… if she continues with this… she’ll also be… 

I better stop her before she tried anything crazy. What time is it? 7:00 PM, it’s going to be moonlight fest outside. Well, I’m changed already, not much I can do about that, seriously can’t these ears at least be concealed?

...

I should go and threaten her in this form, with my hoodie on of course, the ears and tail will definitely still be kept hidden. Well. Threaten is a strong word, I probably can't beat her in a straight fight, I do have a giant hammer I bought for fun and it’s pretty light, maybe that’ll work, maybe I should try wearing something else first as well going out tonight.

 

#####

 

———Sophia Hayes———

 

Ugh, why does he have to be here, drunk and all that stupid shit. Right now I’m just in my own room, it’s better to just left him alone, hopefully he won’t barge into the room and talk about he’s the one keeping this family together and all that, how we are relying on him so give him respect he so fucking deserved, what a great fucking guy. If only he disappeared from the face of the Earth and someone more capable take his place, I don’t care who it is as long as they’re better than this fuck face, that girl for example would be nice.

Can’t something crazy just happen already so this torture could end!

*Crash* *Bam*

Wow! Talk about perfect timing! Let’s go see what’s going on downstair, mom lock herself in her room so I’m pretty sure she isn’t involved… Time to go down the stair and…

What the heck? The bastard is outside? What’s this?...

“So much for talking big old man, time to see this daughter of yours… oh there you are” It’s the girl! She’s here! Why? She actually wears a slightly different outfits this time, her hoodie have a lighter tone, and she wears a long black skirt instead of jeans, honestly I think she looks fine with either, no need to change for just seeing me, also she have a giant hammer in her right hand. She’s still holding her hood up though, what’s so wrong with her face to make her do that constantly. Also she just freaking knocked out the bastard, so cathartic seeing him being done in by a girl… Is it just me or is she glaring daggers at me? She close our gap in like a second, close!

“I suggest you stop asking around about me, you’re being really creepy right now, it’s better if you think I didn’t exist and leave it at that, understand?” She’s definitely glaring daggers at me! And damn she’s intimidating! That red eyes! From what I know it’s insanely rare for people to have them, like one in a billion. She’s looking at me dead in the eyes! I’m intimidated but also slightly… entranced… wait stop having such thought now is not the time!

“Fucking hear me!?” She shouted right in my face.

*Smash*

Smashing the ground near us using her gigantic hammer, super scary. 

“Yes!” I said that impulsively.

“You better, this is your first and last warning, I’ll kill you if you don’t comply” She said to me, Eric was right, she’s dangerous! But still I feel like she wouldn’t actually do that for some reason, even the bastard back then could’ve been easily killed if she tried hard enough, yet she didn’t, if she can’t even kill a scumbag like that, or this one on the ground here, I doubt she can do it to me, who she actively save by the way.

“Can’t you answer me some questions? Just a few?” I said, and she’s glaring right at me! Eep! She’s real mad right now, I could tell! But I’m not backing down!

“... Freaking power hungry fools having no idea what they’re getting into, fine, but after this you better stop bothering others” 

“... What’s your name?”

“... Of all things… Lunia… that’s my name” Okay, one detail get!

“You better not ask anyone about me just because you know my name, I keep myself hidden to everyone, my name isn’t even known by anyone except me” Said the girl who shows up at a museum randomly, but I’m not going to say that, it’s just gonna anger her more. Still, I doubt she isn’t acquainted with anyone, I mean Eric flat out mentioned he knows of her.

“Okay second question, how did you get so strong, this I have to know!” 

“... It’s something incomprehensible, you better off not knowing about it” That’s not what I asked for!

“Come on! Even a hint?”

“... Foolish prayers”

“Huh?” What does she mean by that?

“That’s the hint, I have nothing else to add, and the power isn’t worth it” How? Doesn’t seem like she’s deformed or anything, she look quite cute under the hood even with the little I see. Also prayers? Is she religious or something to think that could possibly one of the reason why she’s so strong? I honestly don’t believe in those sort of things.

“Okay then, one more question, what do Eric know about you?” She tensed up hearing that.

“Eric doesn’t exist in my eyes, I cannot answer that question” Ouch, is Eric dumped by this girl or something to make her say things like that? Maybe that’s why he considered her dangerous, to his heart or something cheesy like that.

“Can this line of questions ended already? It’s sickening to stay here any longer”

“Rude”

“Perhaps, but I think I’ll be going now regardless, this conversation is over” No not yet!

“Please! Just one more question!”

“No!”

“I’ll give you something in return please just one more question!”

“What could you possibly give me that I’ll want? I have plenty of money you know?” 

“No! Something priceless even! Wait here and I’ll go get it!”

“... So annoyingly persistent, fine, but I’ll be coming along so you don’t prepare any weird tricks on me”

“Okay!”

 

#####

 

“This is what I’m talking about!” I hold a pebble that should be the moon rock in my hand, it’s like an inch in size, I think, maybe smaller. She observed it with way more enthusiasm than I expected, maybe she already know what this is? She even began grinning! From what I can make out from under the hood.

“I’ll take it” She yoinks it out of my hand without me noticing it. Damn she’s inhumanely fast! It’s like she immediately know it’s a moon rock.

“I’ll keep my end of the bargain, just one more question” She said looking at me with her hood still concealing most of her face.

“... Can you show me your face in full?” I wanna see it, it’s super cute I can tell! She rolled her eyes for a bit.

“... Odd, but fine” She carefully pull up the hood a little so her face and be seen clearly, though still holding the top of her head like she’s concealing something else, not like it mattered, she’s cute! And wow that’s a bewitching color schemes! White skin, pure white hair, and deep red eyes, like a vampire, or a white rabbit. I can’t help but admire it! She’s attractive!

“Wow…” I let out a voice in awe some such an unnatural hair and eye colors. The she quickly cover her face the hood again.

“Aww…” I let out a cry of disappointment.

“Goodbye, may we never meet again”

*Open*

Huh? Why is she opening the window?

*Jump*

Wha!? She just jumped out the window! Is she alright!? I looked out and she’s gone…

‘Goodbye, may we never meet again’ It pained me greatly to hear that… why does it hurt so much… what am I to say or do?

 

#####

 

———Lunia Hernandez———

 

Well, that went better than I expected, I got a small moon rock out of the whole deal, with this it should help with keeping me in this form even during the day, this weekend is gonna be so much more enjoyable♪… I hope Sophia didn’t take my word too seriously… I hope I didn’t end up hurting her feelings, that’ll be the worst, I did that to help her, not to hurt her, if I did, then I have to take responsibility… I’m not an irresponsible guy after all

*Chuckle*

I’m not even a guy in the first place… Whatever, time to go to sleep and think about something else.

32