Chapter 5: Over the Moon Over the Secret
1k 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

———Sophia Hayes———

 

Eric. The one unspectacular but weirdly reliable guy. The one who never interacted with others, never care about social life, sometime one might think he doesn’t actually existed… ‘Eric never existed in my eyes’... how does that work? You’re talking about yourself aren’t you? Do you really believe yourself to never exist? Why bad mouthing yourself so much? What’s with you wanting yourself to disappeared? Why are you so mad when I called you by your name?

“I am, I was Eric” He said, now picking back up the rock letting it shine, not long after that he became Lunia again… what’s going on? I don’t know what to believe right now...

“Was? But you are! I don’t understand your cryptic answer Eric!” She gave me another glare of discontent...

“Say that again I dare you” What’s wrong with calling you that? That’s your name, what you have since forever most likely, why… what am I even saying… I did the exact same thing with my surname, I didn’t like it, so I never use it, she doesn’t like it, so of course she doesn’t want to be called that. Why am I so unintentionally insensitive sometime? Really have to fix that.

“No... I’m sorry” Fuck, now she’s going to hate me… way to go for trying to get along with her after she lets you.

“It’s fine, you probably don’t understand what people like me went through, minus the supernatural part” She said glancing away.

“It’s still a lot to take in… should I considered you a girl or a gu-”

“Girl, I’m sure you prefer it this way as well” I can’t deny that, I’d rather be with mysterious cutie Lunia than nonexistent Eric.

“Yeah… probably better thinking of you as a chick…” She started to look agitated again.

“I AM a chick thank you very much, well, that was just half of a bombshell, I’m glad you didn’t freak out as much as I thought”

“It’s… more like I’m so freaked out it just loop back to normal” 

“I can imagine that being the case, well, before we continue with the reveal, what are your opinions on trans?”

“Trans? What about them?” She gave me a ‘Are you serious’ look… I honestly have no idea how it correlates, I don’t really know much about trans, some gender thing.

“... You do know what trans are right?” She asked, really confused.

“Ummm… no?” Now it’s a stupefied look. And she face palmed.

“It’s people who consider themselves and more comfortable with themselves in different gender than what they’re born in, have you been paying attention to this kind of thing at all?” She said in a very exasperated tone, sorry for being ignorant about all this queer stuff, to the point of not knowing I’m one, attracted to girls despite being a girl.

“Sorry, for me being kind of a ignorant on the topic…”

“Despite being clearly not stupid from how you figuring out about how I’m related to ‘Eric’ and all that you’re surprisingly ignorant on something slightly outside the norm”

“Sorry… again” I bowed down.

“I’m not gonna hold you against it, well, I’m trans, that’s about it” She said it nonchalantly.

“From what you told me being trans shouldn’t be an issue right? Just slight abnormality, and you’re physically a girl now anyway, right?”

“Yes I am, and it shouldn’t be an issue, but some religious maniac and other inconsiderate people never look at us with kind eyes, you’ll be surprised by how many trans and other queers there are, they hide themselves from these people so people thought they were very uncommon, they’re not, but they’re basically forced to hide”

“Wow that’s terrible”

“Yeah, I’m kinda glad that you didn’t even bothered with learning about it, might ended up like them in the worst case” She said with a small smile.

“Well, glad being ignorant helps out” I said with a small smile back.

“Anyway, you’re lesbian, and I’m a lesbian trans girl supernatural person, both of us aren’t quite accepted if we were to come out… you know about that phrase right?” She said glancing at me again.

“As in revealing it?”

“Yeah basically that”

“Wow, world is really not kind to queers huh?”

“Nope, it’s a living hell, so that’s another thing that you need to keep quiet about”

“So what now? Now that I know who you was… someone you clearly don’t want to be, where do we go from there? That changes you just went through?” I said curious and intrigued by this whole deal, so strange and unnatural, but if I were to accept her and her me. I have to see this through to the end.

“Yeah, it’ll be easier to explain when the sun is down, we might as well screw around for a bit, like on the bed or something”

“What about the bed?”

“... You’re so freaking innocent”

“What does that suppose to mean?”

“Here I thought I was bad about adult stuff, turn out I found someone worse!” She declared. Seeing me still confused.

“As in sex and all that” She bluntly answered.

“Oh… so on the bed you mean…”

“Yeah, screw around as in having sex, and you usually do that on the bed… feels weird explaining this to you of all people”

“Why is it weird with me?”

“I thought you and your strong I don’t relied on you personality means you’ll be the dominant one who knows this stuff already… you probably don’t even know what I mean by dominant in this case”

“I don’t”

“Dominant role in sex, as in the one doing the deed, usually a guy do it but a girl can as well in some cases, the opposite of that is the submissive role, who let the sex happen to them. Your personality at first seems to fit the former category but now it doesn’t seem that way” She sounds a bit disappointed. Why?

“Well, we can deal with that later, by the way are you sick of my mochis already? You stopped eating them a while ago” She continued.

“Oh! No it’s just that I’m shocked by what you have revealed to me I kinda stop moving, the mochis are great, they’re heavenly” I said picking them up and eating them again, I can’t get enough! I look at her still smiling, Eric never do something like this.

“You know, the differences between you both is pretty significant” I commented.

“When one is basically a husk of course there’s differences, of course unfortunately I have to live my life outside in that, really fucking sucks” She grimaced.

“Wow, and you experienced it your entire life? That’s really, really terrible, as if your parents being gone wasn’t bad enough”

“Not exactly my entire life, it’s complicated, I’ll tell you about it during night, for now let’s do something else aside from eating moon mochis”

“Moon mochis?”

“That’s what I called them, it’ll make sense in context soon enough”

“I’ll take your word for it, trying to figure all this out really hurts my head” I said scratching the back of my neck.

“Not surprising, anyway if you have no idea what to do I guess I’ll go up to your bedroom then”

“Huh? Why?”

“What’s wrong with me being in your room? Honey” !? I froze. As in we both share a room since we’re a couple!? I’m pretty sure most my age would never got close to this point!

“Heh, you’re getting red, to think I’m the one that’s doing these stuff, surreal. Anyway, I’ll see you there” She said, going upstairs… I think I should follow her. Well, my body was already moving before I could even ponder on the idea.

 

#####

 

I have absolutely no idea what just happened, she pushed me onto bed and say things to me while touching me all over, teasing me, it feels good, I have no idea what she’s doing exactly, I didn’t get a good look, one thing for certain is that she’s overpowering me, and I can’t do anything about it, after a while she suddenly stopped. We both lay down on the bed, honestly to think I got dominated by this cute girl. Right now her face is that of worry.

“I kinda forgot about our age…”

“... What about it?”

“We’re both sixteen, age for anything but sex”

“W-Wait then what you were trying to me were-”

“Yeah, I tried to do the deeds, I shouldn’t try it now that I remembered your age”

“Is it because I’m not supposed to be doing these kind of things?”

“Yeah, at worst you’ll be found out and get some nasty backlash, it’s unlikely but it’s possible”

“Can’t we just keep it quite then?”

“If you’re good at keeping secrets, but even then this is still inappropriate”

“But isn’t this something you purposed?”

“Yeah, and I forgot about your age back then, and now unfortunately I can’t do it knowing that” She said sounding a little frustrated.

“W-Well I’m fine with it myself” I said to her. She look back with a grin.

“Perhaps we’ll do this later, but right now I’m not in the mood realizing that awkward fact” She said to me.

“Right now let’s cuddle and wait” She said grabbing me.

 

#####

 

“Well, it’s time for the second part of the bombshell, hopefully this doesn’t freak you out” Right now it’s nighttime and she let go of me.

“As if what happened just a few hours ago weren’t, I can’t exactly see how this can get anymore groundbreaking, that transformation already make zero sense, and you still didn’t tell me how that works”

“In due time… it’s starting” What starting? She’s looking out of the window right now... Umm, her ears disappeared, that’s really freaky… !?!? Whoa whoa whoa! Something sprout out of her head! What are those! B-Bunny ears!? Where did that… 

*Touch*

“Now now, it’s a bit gentle with it okay? It’s a bit sensitive” She said with a small reassuring smile.

“How does that work? Are these seriously real!?” What in the flying fuck is going on!? Now she look completely identical to herself in the game!

“These are real” She said grabbing both my arm and push them away from her ears, she look back at the night sky, with the moonlight shining on us.

“It’s because of this moonlight that I became like this, I became a bunny girl. Though moon rabbit might fit better”

“Moon rabbit? Like in the folklore?” Everyone have heard about it, rabbit on the moon pounding rice cakes or something along those line.

“Yeah, I became one when moonlight shine upon me, though it feels more like I ‘revert back’ than anything else”

“Huh?” What does she mean by that?

“When sunlight shines upon me instead, I go back to being that Eric person, boring and pathetic, which I still kinda am, just not as much, the moon rock that you gave me counteract that, it made so I didn’t become Eric again, but not the moon rabbit either, I’ll be a normal girl if both existed”

“So that’s why you hide yourself under the hood? Heck, wearing a hood all the time?”

“Yep, it’s to protect my identity, if someone were to found out what I am trouble will come, heck even without being exposed there’s already a problem” She glared at me.

“Sorry for being a problem”

“Doesn’t matter now, might as well have someone as an accomplice, so I no longer have to live alone in secret, you already fallen for me anyway, you won’t tell another soul” She said while caressing my face with a smirk on her face, I can’t even dared to share even her existence with others, I don’t want her to get into more mess because of me, she accepted me, help me figure out myself, I can’t put her on the spot anymore, and she might be taken away if I do so, I simply can’t. Her eyes widen and pull herself back.

“I’m really strange today, usually I’m not this flirty and dominant, then again I haven’t tried out these thing before either so what do I know?” She muttered and shrugged, it’s like she doesn’t even know much about herself, about why she act that way.

“It’s quite… a story of how I came to be, it all started back then, did you remember? The fact that my mother was killed at night?” She said sounding a bit melancholic.

“Yeah, you sounded terrible when you told me that” I replied in a similar tone.

“After that moment, I feel like my life has ended, my heart stop beating, my mind unable to think, it was a nightmarish time, full of despair, the living hell, all I could do is cry, that little Eric cried all day and night, the support of others those not reach his ears, he simply stared into the full moon, hoping that he could’ve helped, that he may have the power to possibly stop something that has happened to her” She said raising her arm reaching for the moon, the ways she said it sounds a bit strange… I couldn’t quite pinpoint it.

“The moon shines brightly that day, pain came all over him, confusion and anxiety hit him, his body contorted, he screams in pain, he screams for help, but no one comes, he thinks he was alone, and he was right, and it was terrible, changes that cannot be truly explained, something like a curse reaches him, it consumes him, changing him in a way unimaginable, it feels unreal, like it shouldn’t happened, as if he was dreaming, ultimately he was not, that was the fact he has to faced, as he examined himself, now herself, me, I have frantically examined my body, see what has changed, my hair was longer, it was white, very white, I look at the small mirror in my room and scream out again in terror and incomprehension, my ears are on top of my head, like a rabbit, my eyes were red like those of a white rabbit, my face is feminine, of a girl, I was confused and scared, I continued to cry, but somewhere in my mind I feel solace with this, I cannot understand it back then, I thought I was just a boy cursed into a mysterious body, not certain of what to do, but now looking back, I was clearly justified in feeling that, somewhere deep within me know I belonged in this body, I am the moon rabbit, looking back at that time there’s always something odd about me before then… it was like something else changed that day…”

“Aside from your abnormal body? What could that be?”

“I cannot be certain myself, but something about me now is different, I feel different from him… in the worst case I might never be Eric in the first place and was just taking his body. Regardless of what changes happened to my mind, my soul, it makes me accepted this body all the more easier, but it came with a caveat”

“The trans thing?” She turn back to look at me.

“Another random spark of intelligence from you it seems, yes, that change made it painfully clear that I desire to be a girl, whenever I feel that way before the incident doesn’t matter, I do now, and having to stay in that form even when there’s one I desired more that I could’ve used… it’s very painful” She said holding her forehead.

“Well, glad I could help with that stone”

“Yeah it was a big help, thanks. Anyway, since that change, I recovered from the incident quickly, and began organizing myself of how to live my life, as much as I want to be a girl, a bunny girl will not do, and everyone identified me as a boy, they won’t change their look so easily, and I stuck with the boy form in day time anyway” That certainly sounds terrible, and here I thought my situation was bad.

“And here I thought my situation was bad, that buffoon throws insults and hurt mom, have to deal with a terrible man like that, yet you lost everything and have an identity crisis”

“Well, let’s stop talking about our misery and focus on the future right now, we’re gonna be having some fun being a couple and all, I doubt your parents give a damn anyway with you hanging out with others”

“Yeah they don’t care much, if at all”

“Anyway, despite you knowing who I am during the day I recommend not hanging me out during that time, it’s gonna raises suspicion, and you don’t like that figure anyway”

“Totally, weak and boring guy I’m not interested, a super strong super cute girl on another hand I couldn’t look away”

“How am I super strong?” She asked raising an eyebrow.

“Oh right, you’re not aware of your strength are you?”

“I’m weak from what I can tell, have always been, you have seen my performance in PE and you know it’s middle of the road at best”

“Yeah but that was Eric wasn’t it? You said you’re not him aren’t you? I’m sure there’s a difference in strength as well” 

“... That’s not out of the question, but I doubt it’s significant” I grab her shoulder pulling her in hearing that.

“You need to trust me on this, let’s do some physical activities and see who’s stronger” 

“... Okay fine I’ll humor you” She replied.

“Good, let’s do three simple things”

 

#####

 

“Time for arm wrestling! You know the rules right?”

“Yep”

“Good, let’s start. 3...2...1… Go!” Immediately after I said that my hand got pushed down in matter of seconds, I tried exerting all my strength and she doesn’t even look slightly tensed up or tired.

“Damn you got me good” I said feeling a little tired.

“Did you went easy on me?” She look really perplexed.

“No! Why would I do that? Just trust me that these aren’t rigged and get on with it”

“Fine, so I’m stronger than you, what’s next?” She said dismissively.

“Let’s go outside for a bit, we’re gonna run”

 

#####

 

Right now we’re outside right now, there’s a pretty long road surrounded by trees near my home, some considered it a place of supernatural and stuff, not really sure if that’s true or not but a living supernatural is with me right now so that’s not impossible.

“So we simply run and see who’s faster?” Lunia asked.

“Yep, this is simple right?”

“I suppose”

“I’ll be the one doing the countdown, 3...2...1… Go!”

*Dash*

And there she goes, I doubt she even realize how fast she actually, I run at full speed and I can’t catch up to her at all, and suddenly she dashed back.

“... I didn’t literally run that fast am I?” She asked nervously.

“You did, like as fast as a car at minimum I’d say” I answered and commented.

“Huh… how come I never realized these things?”

“Well, you’re self-deprecating yourself all the time so you probably believe yourself to actually be weak, another thing is that I doubt you actually use your ability in this form a lot if all you did is hiding, when that other form I don’t want to named because you’ll get moody you use all the time and that body is weak, that’s probably why you don’t noticed, though that doesn’t explain the jumping off the window yesterday though” 

“What about that?” She asked, looks like I’m not the only clueless person around here.

“If you do that without feeling fear, you probably know that you’re strong enough to jump off unscathed, but you right now doesn’t know?”

“Well… that action last night was a spur of a moment, and I am aware of some changes… just didn’t think it’s this drastic is all”

“I’ll take your word for it since I don’t want to dwell on this longer, before that let’s do our third activity” It’s absurd but she might be able to do it.

“And what is that?” She asked.

“Punch the ground”

“... Why?” She asked, confused.

“Just my gut feeling but I think you might be strong enough to put a crack in it”

“Now that’s just on another level of absurdity”

“Look, you broke a man’s legs and send another to a hospital in one swing I’m pretty sure you can”

“Wait, I did that?”

“Yeah, it was awesome, both of them are bedridden right now as far as I know. So? Try it”

“... Fine” She moved her legs and enter a stance, readying her fist and-

*Punch*

*Crack*

Put a crack in the road… wow. She pull her right hand back up, it’s bleeding with wounds on it, damn I didn’t expect that to happen! Now her hand is in serious trouble!

“Don’t worry, it’ll heal” She said with confidence.

“Huh?” As soon as I voice my confusion the wounds all disappeared and Lunia wipe the blood off. What was that?

“It seems that I have some sort of regenerative property, though I doubt it’s this effective all time, I think that’s only the case if I’m out in the moonlight, like all of this stuff I just realized just now”

“Wow, how overpowered could you possibly be at this point? There’s probably more about you we don’t know about”

“Most likely, but we’ll never know unless we figure something else… or ask her”

“Her?”

“No one important. Well, it’s good to know how powerful I am now, even if it took forever, thanks” She said giving me a smile, I can’t help but smile back.

“No problem” I replied. Then her gentle bewitching face suddenly tensed up and turn to glare at the full moon.

“Sophia, I’m not sure if letting you stick around right now is the best idea, but be careful” She said cautiously.

“Huh? Why?” What’s going on? More supernatural stuff?

“Someone is coming, she’s coming here…” She said still glaring at the moon.

“She? Who’s she?” I look up at the full moon as well, why is she staring at it for a while now?

“Is that…?” A humanoid figure float in front of the moon and is approaching us… floating toward us and getting closer… crimson cape, crimson scythe, blue hair, that’s what I can make out… who is this person?

25