Chapter 7: Bunny/Eschaton
923 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

———Lunia Hernandez———

 

Here we both are in the mall, it’s near the school and not exactly far from our home as the result, can’t really be bothered to remember its name and all that, right now we’re looking for a new alarm, well, her to be more specific, right now I’m just letting her choose her alarm at the moment, there’s a small store of it in this mall.

“Hmm, this one, and this one, and this one…” She grab quite a few, how many did she usually breaks? Well, I suppose I shouldn’t worry too much about that, anyway right now I’m wearing a different set of clothes than the usual hoodie and jeans. Right now I’m wearing dark blue shirt and white skirt, along with black leggings and white ballet flat, I’d admit that it’s a bit over the top for just coming to a mall but it’s still a date, gonna have to look nice and all that, though Sophia doesn’t seem to care about fashion at all even though she was gushing at me for a while, I mean just because you don’t look particularly cute or pretty doesn’t mean it won’t work out, slightly tough look can be fashionable in its own way after all. Now I’m just rambling, where was I? Right, what we will do during the date, gonna grab some nice meals and talk about life, as well as other stuff that I have learned yesterday.

“All done” Oh, she finished picking the alarms, there’re like five or six.

“Good, like I said before I’ll pay for everything myself, understand?”

“Yeah fine I heard you the first time” She said sounding a little exasperated. I did mention it a few times, so that’s probably why.

 

#####

 

“Hey, didn’t expect to see you here lovely” Oh dammit it’s Chris, the flirt, annoying bastard that honestly isn’t a bad person or terrible looking but is way too annoying, and now he’s trying to flirt with Sophia again, last time she run circles around him. Anyway from his look it’s relatively normal, brown hair and eyes, no special colors like me, on the tall side of 5’7” (170 cm), aside from his slightly long hair he’s relatively plain looking. 

“Hey Christ, forgot about what happened last time?” Sophia said with a really dull tone.

“Of course not, but that doesn’t mean I won’t keep trying. Oh? Who is this cutie over here?” Now he’s eyeing me as well. Fantastic.

“None of your concern, we have other matters to attend to, now leave, or else” Sophia said threateningly. Chris considered his options for a bit, putting his hand on his chin closing his and eyes and ponder, then stop assuming the stance and blurt out.

“Fine fine, but remember that I’ll not let any girl escape my grasp” He said in a friendly with no particular hint of malice or anything bad and walk away, why is he acting like this anyway? Try to be cool or something? Wooing girls to be popular? Whatever is the case he’s irritating, he clearly means… at least not bad, but his behavior don’t exactly paint the best picture.

“That guy is really annoying” No arguing there.

“Yeah, if there’s a single merit to being a guy is definitely to not deal with his antics, it’s harmless but certainly annoying. Of course I’d still rather be a girl even with that demerit” I added. This guy’s flirtatious behavior will be the end of him I swear, it’s gonna break him.

“Anyway… where are we going to again?” Right, I didn’t exactly told her which restaurant we’ll go to.

 

#####

 

We’re at a rather fancy restaurant right now, I ordered a vegetarian pasta while Sophia ordered a stake. Some appetizers and desserts for later.

“So what should we walk about?” Sophia said sounding a bit nervous.

“How about our future? Not the apocalypse two years from now but the regular kind” 

“The apocalypse? Is the future really that bad?” She said clearly worried.

“Not something we both have to worried about, we’ll be fine by the end more than likely, anyway how will we deal with this relationship? Have some idea?” The ring of colors won’t affected anyone or anything mythical in nature already, like me and her, as well as others, like the descendants of the dusk and dawn, the magic-alchemy enhanced human, the soul-controlled machine, or the manifestation of the other Earth destined to return here after the ring. Not sure why I have information on them, but it is beneficial in that I know who to look out for, especially the former and the latter, very dangerous individuals, if not necessarily malicious or chaotic.

“Uhhhh, just be with each other and have fun?” … I know you’re not good at these things but come on!

“No that’s not exactly enough for a healthy relationship, aside from those then there’s stuff like… I dunno, our career in the future? How will we keep contact after school? Stuff like that”

“Ummm, the future… I’m just sorta doing sport stuff, so maybe doing one of those? Like doing it competitively?” She said with a small doubt in her voice.

“While not a bad idea all things considered, considering how much travel you have to do after becoming a professional would mean we would be separated more than likely” At least that’s my impression on this kind of career, I wouldn’t for the life of me do something like that, and not really sure how people retain relationships either, but I guess I’ll know soon if she go along with it.

“... Yeah that’s terrible, but couldn’t you just tag along? You’re pretty much the strongest person out there” I’m really not, maybe top 10.

“First, I doubt that, second, I’m not too interested in using my power of those kind of things, I got it to protect others, and I intended it to stay that way”

“That’s… fine, a bit of a waste, but sure, then what are you going to do in the future then?” She said slightly disappointed, while some might try to please her to make sure she doesn’t go down that path, it’s ultimately as risky as doing the opposite, letting her do what she wants will most likely mean letting her lose control, and prod her too much and she’ll go against you, trying to gain power over you, and ultimately over the universe. Killing her is also a solution of course but that’s not exactly something I could just do, and it’s a temporary one anyway, not to mention I don’t want to kill her, maybe other people, but not her.

“Just something modest, I have thought about the whole confectionery thing you’ve said before, I think I could do that” It’s something I have experience in other than beating people up, and I’m definitely not doing that as a career.

“Oh! Yeah those mochis were great! And I bet you could do more!” I certainly can make those, and the information and skill I’m gifted with now I can make other things as well, sure they’re just different type of rice cakes but the fact that it’s not common here is somewhat offset that, though I will definitely not be selling elixir of life, those things are priceless. Though I’m not sure how to go about it honestly, while I’ll most likely have to stay a guy doing this, if the information about the ring of colors is true, then that may not be an issue. I looking around to see the waiter bringing us the appetizers.

“Oh our appetizers are here, let’s stop chatting and eat up first” I proclaimed.

 

#####

 

Taste great! Now we’re eating some desserts and started chatting again.

“So what should we do after this?” She asked.

“Hmmm, how about we go back at my house? You didn’t get to see it in full after all, maybe staying a night there, not like that broken woman will be bothered to stop you anyway”

“She really won’t, sure, that plan is fine by me” She said to me while pulling a thumbs up grinning, she’s quite endearing all things considered, like she’s a normal person… really, from the information I’m given they all started that way, I just have to make sure she don’t stray from that.

“Are you okay? You started making some pretty gloomy expression” Damn did I show her that?

“Oh I’m fine, don’t worry about it!” I quickly said recovering myself from that serious topic, putting on a smile, she doesn’t look like she’s fully buying it.

“Fine, let’s finish this up and go home” Thankfully she doesn’t press the issue, if I were to talk about her potential and all that anymore who knows how she’ll react.

“Once we go back aside from letting you see all the mess I’ve made I’ll talk more about what she have said to me or give me, then we’ll play some more” I’m quite thirsty all things considered, I swear it’s from her influence and not from me personally, not that it’s much of an excuse.

“Okay, I hope the whole apocalypse things really aren’t a big deal”

“Depends on your definition of big, but we can talk about that later” 

 

#####

 

And back at the house we are! My house to be exact, now that I think about it which house should we both be in... mine obviously, I have no one else around and that house is clearly full of two people she doesn’t care about anyway. Both of us are sitting down looking at each other right now, my house is relatively fancy compared to hers, if only because of how rich my relatives are. Anyway my house is a bit of a mess, some hoodie laying on the ground, a giant hammer I bought online over here, multiple boxes of mochis over there that I made some time ago and not exactly eaten yet, anyway time to sit down and get down to business, both of us sit on the opposite side of the table and stare at each other for a bit, I think her face get a little red seeing mine...

“So... what is this apocalypse about?” She break the silence first with that question.

“The [Apocalyptic Fate]... no, that’s not the right term, the [Mythical Eclipse], is essentially when the world changes greatly two years from now, from the name you could clearly tell something magical will happen”

“And what is that magical thing that will happen? You said it won’t affect us but how?” She said curious and slightly concerned still.

“The people on Earth will have some changes happen to them, many will change into something quite mythical in nature, like creatures in folklore, or other legends, those who are within those categories like you and I will not change in the slightest”

“I can understand you not getting changed but why am I was well? Aren’t I a normal human?” She said rubbing the back of her head.

“In theory yes, but your out of this world existence, that is one in a universe, counts as mystical, and therefore you cannot be change”

“I see, I guess no cool transformation or power” She said a little disappointed, and there it is, power.

“There you go on about power again, try to keep it in check okay?” I said worryingly.

“Oh right, sorry, but it’s still a bummer if I can’t do all those cool shit like you just did, I’m sure even regular people will feel that way” Not exactly wrong on that front but she can just do those things regardless of the change anyway.

“If it’s just a matter of magic you have the potential already, heck, I can teach you about it right now” 

“R-Really!?” She stands up excited.

“Sure, but let’s continue this conversation, I’m not done yet”

“Okay” She said then sitting back down.

“Anyway, the event will happened two years from now, when the solar eclipse happened the ring of rainbow will emerge from it, and wash the world of its color, slowing down everything and ended in a flash of light, everyone aside from us will fell unconscious and changes to their body are made, mind you not everyone will but they’ll still fell unconscious anyway” 

“And I suppose hell will break loose with magic and all that”

“Yeah, the world is gonna be a lot more dangerous, so having you train magic is important to survive the event”

“What about you?” She said curiously.

“Me? I’m probably stronger than everyone when they changed at first so no problem there, but afterward it might, don’t worry though, since I’m going to train as well” It’s gonna be hard leveling up without killing anyone unnoticed, and if I don’t, level up is going to be hard.

“As if you’re not strong enough already” She snarked.

“Hey, it’s a just in case thing, same with you” I replied.

“Sure, so anything else to do before our training session?”

“... Well, there is the matter of how we’ll interact during our school year and later in college” It’s gonna be problematic for either of us to not interact with each other, she is attracted to me and I am to her, though on my end it admittedly feel a little forced, I do found her attractive and she can be quite endearing to talk to, but the looming threat of leaving her alone and my guilt of treating her badly at first make this relationship feel forced, I don’t like that all, I hated that that’s the case, not helping in that I’m not good at giving affection either, since I usually live alone, and have been doing so for a decade, so it might shows and she might be unsatisfied.

“Yeah, if I interact with you as E then it might raise some eyebrows, but I really don’t want to ignore you”

“E? Is that what we call him now? Well I can endure it, so no need to worry about that” I put on a smile to assure her it’s fine.

“Well, it’s on my end, not yours” So even she’s aware of herself not taking this well.

“Oh, in that case I’m not really sure myself, I’ll be using illusion anyway so it’s not like you’ll enjoy hanging out with me looking like that”

“I certainly wouldn’t, but it still feels… uncomfortable not having you been there” Her face downcasted looking quite sorrowful. I can’t stand seeing this, I have to make sure she’s fine. I have to stand up and act.

*Hug*

“!?”

“Don’t worry, please endure it, I’ll be there for you after it’s over” As I said it she hugged me back.

“Okay… I will”

“Good, be a good girl at school okay?”

“... Okay” I then stand back up letting go of her embrace.

“... Don’t worry, I’ll make sure to be there after that” I gave her a small smile.

“You better” She said smiling back.

“Alright, time for magic and grinding” Not really sure how well it’s gonna work out but let’s see.

 

#####

 

Quite a ride and a half I must say, she actually comprehend magic pretty quickly, even though all I did was saying some vague terms that are hard to understand all on their own, I’m doing push-ups and sit-ups, considering how long I’ve done it without getting tired at all one must wondered how strong I am, I don’t know myself if doing both for nearly thousand times without even breaking a sweat is in the realm of mundane human, one thing for sure is that I can’t feel myself getting stronger, then again you don’t become stronger overnight by simply doing exercise, it takes time, or maybe the only way to get stronger is killing? I’d rather not, not necessarily because of the act that is killing someone, it’s more of the problem that came with it. Right now Sophia is still practicing her magic, channeling mana and all that. I should actually practice that as well, just because I know how to use magic doesn’t automatically make me good at it after all.

 

#####

 

“Soooo, what are we doing on your bed again?” Sophia asked nervously while I pinned her down, I think it’s pretty obvious at this point. I’m thirsty and I need to relieve myself.

“Sex” That’s the only word I said before beginning my assault, I swear I’m only like this because deities are apparently sexual deviants and I take that part from them! Totally didn’t enjoy this at all! I’m gonna keep doing this until maybe 8:30 PM and then go to sleep after that. Gonna pound her so hard it might actually got her pregnant! In actuality why is there a chance for that at all and why do you have to grant that information to me Tsulemis!?!? Seriously TMI!

 

#####

 

“That… was… rough…” Sophia said sounding absolutely exhausted.

“I couldn’t help it okay?” I said patting her head.

“Hey!” She said blushed and embarrassed.

“Now now no need to get embarrassed” 

“Seriously why can’t you be the ones getting patted? Seems to fit a cutie like you more” Yeah I’m cute, I could tell, and that’s why it’s weird that I’m the one dominating, usually cute character don’t do this, but I certainly have no desire getting patted.

“Perhaps, but you’re cute in your own way” Her face blushed even more when I said that.

“Now you’re just teasing me” She said sulking a little.

“I have been doing that for a while now, I’m gonna use you as my pillow for tonight, make sure to wake up early tomorrow so you can get your stuff” As I said that I immediately embrace her with my arms and pull her in.

“Y-Yeah I heard ya”

“Goodnight sweetheart” I whispered into her ears.

“G-Goodnight” She replied, stuttering cutely.

21