Chapter 8: School and After
719 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

———Sophia Hayes———

 

“Hey Sophia let’s race!” Huh? Oh it’s just Emma, my self-proclaimed rival, she’s quite strong I’d say, but she never actually win against me when it comes to sport, and I doubt it now with supernatural stuff I could do now, well it’s not much but Lunia did talk about body strengthening that should be easy to do and can be hidden if others aren’t aware of magic, which I doubt any of them are. Right now it’s PE class, but there aren’t actually any lesson right now, I think the coach is sick today so they aren’t sure what we should do so we’re just sorta doing our own things.

“Sure” I replied. Honestly I’m not in the best mood right now, probably because I still can’t get Lunia out of my head right now, which distracts me.

“Great! Let’s do this!” She said and run to one side of the gym, I followed her. Maya, her twin sister, also follow us.

“Do your best sis!” Maya said.

“I will!” Emma did a fist pump and then look at me with a smile.

“I’ll win this time!” She proudly proclaimed.

“Sure, you can try” I said.

“Count us down Maya” Emma said and ready herself, I do the same.

“Sure! 3… 2… 1… Go!”

*Dash*

Both of us run as fast as we could to the other side of the room, with me having a clear lead.

And it’s clear who won that, I didn’t even use any magic and the result was crystal clear.

“Damn you’re monsterously fast as always” Emma said while panting.

“You’re exaggerating, anyway do you feel like you’re starting to close the gap between us?”

“Not really, and we all know that won’t be the case, but I’ll still trying” She said and grin, she’s quite a cheerful one, and also very protective of her sister.

“Good for you, that’s my motto as well, I will never stop trying” I said to her, yeah, no way I’ll stop getting stronger, never will I stop, and no one will stop me… ah but of course there’s moderation to that lest something bad happen, Lunia was afraid that something like that will happen to me, scared that I will go off the deep ends… and I tell myself to never go down that path. I gave Emma a thumbs up and walk away, trying to ponder of stuff until the class is over, despite my love for sports and all things strength related the PE class is definitely not the greatest.

 

#####

 

It’s normal lunch break and it’s boring like always, maybe I should go to the gym like the usual, letting off some steam.

*Grab*

Huh? I think someone just grab me…. but I didn’t see anyone.

“Sophia go to the restroom with me, there’s something I need to talk about” !? That was Lunia’s voice!

“Just come with me, don’t say a word” I silently nodded and walk to the nearest restroom.

 

#####

 

Right now we’re in the furthest stall, Lunia take off her illusion, letting me see her cute alluring face again.

“I cast [Silence] around the stall so no one should hear us, anyway we need to talk” She said clearly dead serious.

“Um… what are we talking about?” I said sounding slightly nervous.

“You have been acting quite jittery since we got here and some were concerned, you really are unable to deal with this” She said without a smile on her face.

“I-I’m sorry” I said with my eyes downcasted. I glance to look at her again and she have a small but reassuring smile.

“Don’t worry about it, you’ll be able to deal with it soon I promise, right now just relax okay? I’m here” She said touching my face with her hand, cradling it gently… I feel so it peace...

“Thank you” I said… I think my eyes are getting watery.

“Now now don’t cry” She said pulling me into her embrace… this is the best feeling… I never feel something like this before meeting her… Love is the best feeling.

“Love can hurt you, love can cure you, it’s something that can break your heart, something that can give you peace, I only want you to love me and be happy for it, I can’t stand someone suffering because they love me… I don’t want something like that” She said hugging me tightly, I did the same to her as well.

We stay like that for a while… before we eventually let go…

“Let’s meet again after school, I’ll be waiting, let’s meet at the entrance” She said with a small smile and vanish from my sight, the door unlocked and open, and I have to face loneliness once more, but I won’t let it get to me. I can’t let someone I cared for to feel guilty about themselves, that’s not something I desire, and so I will face this loneliness and came out on top…

 

#####

 

———Lunia Hernandez———

 

*Ring*

She seems to be doing better now, I’m glad, I really don’t want someone to suffer because of me, I want to help, not to hurt. Perhaps my desire to help others cause me to become something outside the realm of normalcy, or of humanity, but the feeling is still there and I wouldn’t dared to leave it behind, I will help out in that event, even if she probably won’t be so thrilled about it.

“Yo! Eric want to go do some games again?” Thomas speak up, honestly it’s still really uncomfortable being called that, but I’ll manage.

“No, I don’t have any appointments back then, but I do now so I probably can’t accept your invite for some time” I said to him.

“Well that’s suck but if this is important then you should do it instead of fooling around with me” He said with a smile, ever so supportive of others, ever so charismatic. In that event you’ll certainly be a key player.

“Well then, I’m off” I said turning my back to him and leave.

“Good luck to whatever you’re doing!” He repiled.

 

#####

 

Right now with my illusion no one should see me, and now that I think about it I didn’t tell Sophia about this either, well hopefully this doesn’t surprise her in any way.

*Tap*

I lightly tap her on her shoulder and she flinched for a second, thankfully her reaction aren’t strong.

“Let’s walk away from the public eyes, I’ll cast invisibility on you as well, then we’ll go home” I whispered to her and she did a small nod. Good.

 

#####

 

Right now we’re both in my house, I dispel our illusion, and now we’re both in our living room, well mine to be specific, but if we are to be a thing then my things are her things and vice versa.

“Anyway I’ll go get some mochi for us to eat” I said to her, right now she’s sitting on a random sofa I sorta bought online. I made so many of these, I think I should try making something else for her to eat too, but for now just the mochis will do. I bring two boxes of mochi to the table next to the couch.

“There. Enjoy” I then sit down on the same sofa Sophia was sitting on, it’s wide enough for two people. Sophia starts eating them immediately with a look of joy, I have been eaten these for a long time so I got used to the taste already, I know it’s amazing and all that but eating enough of it and you’ll get used to it eventually.

“So… this is a bit of a personal question but how will we deal with your parents?” She immediately look tensed from hearing that.

“What about them?” She said sounding rather moody.

“How do you want to deal with them? There’s a chance of them interfering with us getting together when we eventually declared it, two years after this of course, it’ll be a chaotic mess of a declaration but at least I’ll be myself doing it” I said to her.

“Huh… I never think about that, honestly though I don’t want to deal with them at all” I don’t think anyone want to deal with that mess of a pair, one clearly a mess living in isolation not wanting to deal with anyone and another is in the hospital at the moment, and when he wasn’t he is clearly arrogant, rude and loud.

“With the little I have seen I have to agree as well, so what? Disown them? While I’m personally fine with taking you in, not like there’s anyone around here to complain, it’s gonna be a tough road for you, not help by the chaos that will ensues during that time, in the worst case scenario we’ll both be left without anyone helping us” After all my other relatives might be unable to help out if they got changed, heck even if they aren’t chances are they’ll be too preoccupied with the changes around them to help out, there’s also the fact that some of them are doing… questionable business as well, so her being in their care might do more harm than good, I haven’t experienced anything bad because of them yet but it’ll certainly happened sooner or later, it’s also why they never come to meet me personally either.

“... Honestly I have no freaking idea, I’m not good with these kind of things, I just know how to run and punch I guess, not much else” She said feeling slightly down by my explanation. I need to look more into the legal matters later, right now we should relax and do something fun… oh wait there’s homework, the evil of humanity. Should deal with that first.

“Hey Sophia if it’s alright with you how about we do some homework first before anything else?” I said to her, she lift her face up to meet my eyes, my red crimson eyes. Twitching my ears a little during the small pause. She seems to consider the idea for a moment and nod.

“Alright, I’ll show you the ropes as well, let’s get this done quickly!” I said with a confident smile.

 

#####

 

All done! Now time for something way less painful! Right now we both take a break and eat some mochis, she might get tired of this soon so I should try making other kind of rice cakes.

“I want to practice magic more” Sophia proposed while munching on more mochis. I hope saying yes doesn’t trigger a bad end.

“Sure, make sure you finish eating them first” I said with a cheeky grin. Pointing at her mochi filled mouth. She take a while chewing and swallowing them all.

“Done, alright let’s do this!” She said doing an air fist.

 

#####

 

I’m not going to describe what just happened simply because it’s not important nor anything notable happened at all, just both of us practicing magic for an hour, might be even more boring than doing homework, except this feels way more accomplished. Anyway the heck do we do now?

“What else should we do?” I asked Sophia.

“Well… I don’t know actually what else could we do together?... I’m really not good with these kind of things” She said while scratching her cheek tilting her head down slightly.

“Hmmm. Just doing sex will definitely not do” And I can’t believe I just said that without any shred of hesitation, I think Sophia’s face flash red for a second. She’s definitely rubbing off on me, I think it might be even more than before, I hope it doesn’t completely overwrite me… it shouldn’t, it should be only a part of me that disappeared.

“I’m sorry that I can’t came up with anything despite wanting us to be a thing…” She said sorrowfully, I mean just because we can’t figure something out doesn’t make the relationship immediately fall apart. I close the distance between us and go for a hug.

*Hug*

“Hieeee!?” She shrieked, she’s always so surprised by that. It’s definitely cute.

“Don’t fret over it, I’ll figure something out, I’ll take responsibility” I said to her.

“... I feel so powerless, if only I can do something…” Ah crap, she’s taking this badly.

“H-Hey! Don’t worry about it! Your part will come soon I promise!” I tried to reassure her, I fumbled a bit there, honestly I have no idea what she could do, I better think of something before she try anything stupid.

“Really? I hope that’s the case… I yearn for you, you made me realize that, and I want to earn your affection through what I do… I want it to feel earned” She said, I really should try to say something to cheer her up, I don’t want her to be like this… what has she done that could be considered helping me? She has been pursuing me, causing trouble, and make me revealed myself… the last part isn’t necessarily bad, I now have someone I could talk to, someone I could share my secrets with, someone that I don’t have for the longest time, she’s the only one I could vent any of my suffering or happiness to… to talk to on a personal level, that’s what she has been for me for pursuing me… that in itself is somewhat commendable… something she has done for me… someone I could lean on… yeah… there’s that… 

“Sophia… you being here for me is a lot already” I said to her.

“Huh?” She raise her head to look at me, face to face.

“I have been alone for the longest time, I never feel like I have anyone I could rely on for emotional supports, my parents are gone, my relatives are too preoccupied to do anything, my secrets, my blessing, cause myself to shut myself from the world, you are the only one who pursue me, despite my attempts to get away, to not share anything with you, you still come for me, a suspicious girl with a lot of secrets” I said, starting to feel emotional saying it all out, she’s the only one I could say any of this to, only one who could share my sorrow, my joy, I thought I lost someone like that a long time ago, with no chances of having someone like that again, yet here she is. I should’ve noticed this at first glance.

*Hug*

I close our distance and go for a hug, hugs are nice, I thought I’ll never do something like this again after all that times 11 years ago, no one to give me warmth, or for me to give back, yet here she is… even if she have the possibility to destroy the world, one shrouded in madness, in hunger, she’s the one the make me open up, to see myself in a different light, I couldn’t have done that on my own, I owned her that, that’s something she has done for me, she has earned it, I want her to know that.

“You’re the one who opens my eyes, let me see I’m not a worthless fool who lost everything all after that time” I tightened my grip on her, I could feel my tears rolling down, and I could see her eyes tearing up as well.

“You might be a clueless sports girl, an impatient and persistent person, but that doesn’t mean you haven’t done something for other people, doesn’t mean you haven’t done anything for me, you certainly have, and you should be proud of that! Believe me that you have done enough to earn me! For me to be with you!” I said tightened my grip even more, her tears and mine rolling down on our clothes, we embraced each other. I then push her down with her laying down on the sofa with me on top,we stare into each other… there’s only one thing left to do here… go for it!

*Kiss*

My lips touched hers, we go for a long kiss, and embrace each other while we do so… We both so something for each other, you gave me a chance to see myself in a different light, and be someone I could finally open up to, meanwhile I have helped you, gave you someone to care for, to be your compass, someone you feel like you could rely on…

Finally I pull my lips from hers.

“Regardless of what’s ahead, we’ll both stay with each other to the end, nothing shall separate us, not even death” I boldly proclaimed, I want her to know that I’ll be there, that her love will be received, that I’ll respond in kind. Her lips budge, like she’s trying to reply, the she speaks up.

“Do you love me?” She asked.

“... Of course, do you think I have anyone else to love but you? What about you? Think your love for me can last forever?” I replied.

“... I… honestly don’t know… I don’t know about these things, but… I’m not someone to give up, I’ll make sure it last, for as long as you wanted to” She said with a small smile, I smiled back.

“That’s all I needed to hear” I said standing up and pulling her back up, carrying her like a bride.

“Wha!?” She lets out, surprised.

“Let’s go up stairs, let’s relieve ourselves from everything we went through, anything that came before this, let’s all leave it behind for a future of the two of us” I said, she blushed, completely red by the implication, how cute, and here she said I’m the cute one, whatever come after this, we’ll swatted away if it was to interfere with our future. 

 

That is what I can certainly say, and we’ll live happily, past anything the world might throw at us.

23