Chapter 107 – San Francisco is Lost Part 3 (Evacuations)
2.4k 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Discord -->  https://discord.gg/mhjetEK

Read 4 chapters ahead on Patreon for $2 https://www.patreon.com/user?u=33496388

Also important thing, its nearly time for me to be going back to college soon so I might have to pause for one week (Probably two weeks from now) so I can readjust to my college life. 

 

I have been rereading my book and I have been really enjoying my own work XD. Its kinda funny how it feels as if I didn't write it cause its been like 2 years so I have forgotten some parts. There's a lot of stuff that could be better and missed opportunity tho. But hey, that's what the future revamped/official version is for. 

1800 June 18th, 2020 CE

Washington D.C.

Katrina alerted the President. “Our Ambassador to the Mach Imperium has just told me that the Mach government is currently in uproar. They are trying to keep it under wraps but there are rumors floating around that a Mach battleship being sunk was the cause for this.”

“A battleship? Didn’t we sink almost their entire navy?”
“According to the Ambassador, it was an old battleship bound for the scrap yards that they recommissioned.” 

Ronell sighed. “Seriously? They are rebuilding their military?”

“They still seem to be wary of the Magus Imperium.” 

“What were our plans for the Mach again? I remember we have that Queen in power but I heard she really doesn’t want to stay and will be abdicating the moment we give her the chance to.”

“The committee in charge is hoping to split them into multiple republics. They have so far identified 85 or so different possible republics based upon ethnicity, religious background, and other factors. We will most likely have to spend billions of dollars to prop up these countries and ensure stability. According to them, a single republic wasn’t going to work because the ethnic and religious differences run deep and may interfere in the processes of an unified democracy.”

Cralson coughed. “Mr. President. Secretary of State. Now is not really a good time to be discussing nation building. We are being invaded.”

Ronell nodded. “Sorry. Yes, Cralson, you are correct. So it seems like these demons have started their attack on the Mach Imperium.”

“It isn’t confirmed but there is a very high possibility since they face the ocean where they came from.”

“I suppose we are ready to reveal to the world our current predicament.”

1500 June 18th, 2020 CE

Somewhere along Interstate 280, San Francisco

Andrew shook his head. “San Francisco is really a terrible place to defend. We are on a peninsula being attacked on all sides. I hope we can get out of here soon.”

Andrew and Terry stood at the edge of the highway crowded with cars. Although their view of San Francisco was blocked by houses and hills, they could see the black smoke rising into the sky from the general direction of the city.
Terry looked over “Any ideas of where you are going to go after this?”
“Hm?”
“Our homes are overrun by monsters. Where are you gonna live until our military takes back San Francisco?” 

Andrew frowned. “We aren’t exactly out of danger yet so I haven’t thought of it.”
“Better to start thinking early. It will definitely take some time for us to be able to return to San Francisco.”
“I might go to my parents-in-law’s place or try to see if my old home that I sold to that company has been bought yet.”

“Have your parents-in-law forgiven you for…” Terry stopped himself as Andrew’s face darkened. “If you really need a place, my grandpa might be willing to take you. He's an ex-cop and his house definitely has space.”

Andrew smiled. “I might take you up on that offer.”

“I will probably go there too. Ha… I literally just bought my house in San Francisco. I’m not sure if it's still there.”

Andrew chuckled. “Well, now I’m glad that I rented my home. I don’t have to pay my rent this month and I don't own the place so I don’t have to worry about it.”

Anthony called out to them from a distance. “I want you guys over here to direct the flow of traffic!” 

A few minutes later

Cars slowly crawled in front of them. Other than one empty lane, the two way highway was filled with cars going the same direction, out of San Francisco. Andrew cursed at his phone." I haven’t been able to reach my kids at all.”

“They are in a helicopter and probably don’t have good reception. I can’t contact my wife either but I’m sure she’s safe.”

Andrew looked up into the sky. “I promised her that I will protect them.”
Terry nodded slowly. “And you will keep that promise. Don’t worry about it.”

The sound of helicopters could be heard getting closer. Andrew and Terry looked up as military helicopters flew over them. They had to brace themselves as the helicopters were flying so low that the winds from the rotors could be felt. Terry’s hat flew off into the distance but Andrew held onto his. “Oh well, there goes my hat. Seems to be attack helicopters from the Marines.”

“Won’t they get shot down? We saw what happened to those jets.”
“The military is the military. I’m not sure what they are up to but I’m glad they are here. Hopefully they are successful.” 

Mission Valley, Fremont, California

It has been going well so far. They had escaped the monsters and saved all of the students and teachers. However, David was still visible with worry as he scanned the surroundings.  He was sitting in the passenger seat at the front of his humvee as their convoy sped down Paseo Padre Parkway in an effort to distance themselves from the monsters. Because of their earlier warnings, the parkway was mostly clear of cars. What really worried him was that his entire group was now just a mishmash of around 24 able National Guard soldiers and a few police officers that had been escorting the high school group. They didn’t have any heavy weapons on them so they couldn’t possibly face a horde of those monsters. 

David was lost in thought but the sight of helicopters brought him back to reality. His second lieutenant came over the comms. <<<“Boys, we got air support!” >>>

There was a moment of silence before his second lieutenant talked again. <<<“Hey… has anyone seen what happened to the last truck? I can’t get Aaron on the comms.”>>>
David looked behind him and didn’t see the last truck. A curse word floated through his head.

A few minutes earlier

Luke closed his eyes and took a couple deep breaths as he rested next to Hayden. He rubbed his head. He was sick and tired of what had been happening so far and wanted to go home. Luke’s mental complaints were stopped because he felt a force suddenly fling him forward as the truck came to an abrupt stop. Then he felt an impact that caused the truck to veer to the left. 

Luke sat up coughing. He literally had enough of this. This was the second vehicle accident he had in a single day. “Ughhhh… what the fuck… not this again.”

A voice shouted a couple seconds later. “Everybody get out. Come on! Wake up!”

Including Luke, a few others walked out of the back of the truck. A lot of people were still unconscious inside the cargo bed of the truck. 

A girl looked around. “What happened? I don’t see another one of those monsters.”

Looking at the cab of the truck, they instantly found the answer. A red sedan had slammed into the side of the truck. The airbag had been deployed and the driver of the red sedan was slumped onto it.

Luke sighed as a few went to investigate. Luke shouted to one of the boys who went to the cab. “Are the soldiers at the front of the truck alright?”
The boy had opened the door to the cab. “One of them is unconscious. The other is…”

The boy looked away and into the street while covering his mouth. That was enough for Luke to understand what happened to the other.

Luke and a couple others pulled out the surviving but unconscious soldier. A rifle dropped out from the cab. More people gathered outside the truck as more had regained consciousness. There were murmurs amongst everyone. 

“What do we do now?”
“Holy shit. That guys dead.”

“This is bad.”
“Where is the rest of the convoy?”

A screech filled the air and they all became quiet. Luke slowly turned to the right and realized why the car had slammed into the truck. It was trying to escape one of the monsters. 

Much smaller than the other monsters they had seen, it was looking at all of them with its red eyes. Its black pupils switching between them. Its spear-like nose swung around. Luke gulped. Everybody stood in silence and didn’t dare move. None of the soldiers were conscious. There were no police officers or teachers in their truck either. They were just a bunch of high school students.

The monster started galloping towards them. Luke panickily looked around. His eyes darted everywhere. There was a rifle on the ground but he had no idea how to use it. Everybody was frozen in fear. Luke shut his eyes and braced himself.

29