I Wish To Be Your Student!
1.5k 7 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Have you taken lessons before? Do you truly believe you have any talent?”

“No. I have not had the chance. I’m not sure if I have any talent, but I am sure of my own work ethic. I believe that I should at least have the baseline level of talent while the rest would be achieved through practice and hard work.”

“No lessons before and you want to tell me that you are being serious?” His expression turning ugly, Mo Chen did not take her seriously.

“I was in a coma for three years. So yes, I have only been studying to try to get into college on time after waking up and only just started to think of what I want to do later. But since I have made my decision, that means I treat it very seriously and will only do my best.”

“A coma?” Mo Chen looked surprised.

“Yes. I know you have your reservations, but could you at least give me a chance? I can’t promise I will be talented, but I will work hard.” Not wanting the coma to be a central part of the conversation, Xuemei just smoothly went over it. Getting stuff through pity left a bad taste in her mouth, plus the circumstances of her suicide would not exactly inspire any feelings of confidence in her personality.

Mo Chen still felt slightly reluctant. All the students that he took on before were all people that really caught his eye with their talent. They just required someone to help with their background and slight refining of their acting abilities. However, looking at this girl’s driver, he knew that she was not some common girl. If he just took her on and she ended up being some spoiled rich heiress then wouldn’t his reputation be the one that suffers?

“You don’t have to make any formal announcements to recognize me. Wait until you feel comfortable trusting in me. That way, if I disappoint you, you can just drop me later without any complications.” Not giving up, Xuemei continued pushing harder. Recognition and the like were not important to her, she just wanted a sincere teacher who could help her in this path.

“Really?” Hearing these words, most of the suspicion in Mo Chen’s heart started to fade. People who approached him for the wrong reasons could not wait to blast out their reputation as his student the moment he nodded his head.

“Of course.” Straightforward in her manner, Xuemei ended up giving an increasingly better impression to Mo Chen.

“Okay, then. I will believe your words. You can report to my studio starting tomorrow. I hope to see you at 8am sharp. I know that this is your summer break right now, so you should be free?”

“Yes, I purposefully left my schedule completely open before the first classes start for university.”

Nodding with pleasure, Mo Chen straightforwardly pulled out his business card with his contact information to give over. However, before the card left his hands, it was snatched by another.

“Brother! I’ve told you that you cannot just give out your phone number. Use my business phone if you need to.” An exasperated voice lectured unhappily.

“Yu, I’m not a little kid. I obviously understand the appropriate situations to give my phone number in.”

The man just snorted in response.

“I’m surprised you can say that with such a straight face. Who is the one who has had to change your number 5 times already due to the amount of times your number has been leaked by you to some crazy, harassing fan? Oh, right. Me. I’m the one who always has to wipe your a**.” Suddenly, the man felt like he was truly playing the lute to a cow. He had clearly warned his twin so many times, yet how could he still so confidently say that he is able to tell? Those 5 times were just the worst. There were a couple other times that they were leaked to the press and others where someone “helped” him and he gave his number so they could contact him for compensation. Then those scammers turned around and sold his number. If it were him, Mo Yu felt that he would have already developed a trauma.

“Well, this is different. I am accepting her as a student. If she doesn’t even have my number, that would be kind of ridiculous.” Feeling that he had lost all face, Mo Chen quickly explained the situation.

Now this finally got Mo Yu’s attention as he finally turned around to face the people behind him.

Xuemei was also aware of this man’s identity. Mo Yu, twin of Mo Chen and CEO of Blue Ocean Entertainment, was also a man with fame that equaled his brother. Looking over the person in front of her, she could see that they were identical twins. But the subtle differences were definitely there. Mo Chen carried himself with a more laid-back atmosphere while Mo Yu was more serious and uptight. Just looking at their clothes, one could tell the differences in personality. Mo Chen was dressed in more casual wear: dress slacks, a loose short-sleeved button-up, some nice-looking Oxford shoes, with his hair hanging loosely tussled; Mo Yu wore a formal work suit and completed the look with a 2:8 part with gelled-back hair.

While Xuemei observed the second twin, Mo Yu also scanned the young girl in front of him from head to toe. He admitted that even with his usual pickiness, that this girl was special. She had white skin, a tall figure, curvy in the right spots, athletic toning of muscle, and an air of confidence. Her face was a nice size featured by big, lighter brown eyes and rosy pink lips. Although it was obvious that she did not put any effort into herself, she stood out from the crowd. Not a dainty beauty, but someone with charisma that could move even women. Impressed, Mo Yu nodded his head approvingly. As someone running a company, he did not really mind having a “flower vase” unlike his brother. As long as they had the right personality and could bring money into the company, then they were all counted as assets. Who cares about acting ability? Tons of the mindless fans out there just looked at faces lately, otherwise all those idol-dramas out there would fail right away with their new, fresh faces and emoji-acting.

“Oh~ for once, I am not against this choice, Chen.”

“Hmph! When have I ever needed your approval?”

“Anyways, here you go, little lady.” Ignoring his brother, Mo Yu handed that business card he snatched back over to Xuemei.

“Thank you.” Receiving the card politely, Xuemei felt that these two brothers were like a running comedy show all on their own. “Well, I have to head back home now. You both should look after your father. A stroke is no joking business. Take better care of him.”

Slightly embarrassed to be chided by such a younger generation, the twins nodded their head and quickly went back.

Sighing with exhaustion, Xuemei just shook her head and quickly walked over to the car. On the way back, Xuemei ended up napping again feeling weary from a day full of drama. After all this ended, it was already dinner time. This time, the ride back encountered no problems. After dropping her off, Tao Qiao said she would have the car repaired. Nodding her head in approval, Xuemei said her goodbyes before walking back into her house. The minute she slid the front door open, a strong smell of food wafted over from the kitchen. Stomach growling in response, Xuemei pulled off her shoes and stored them away before rushing into the house. Before she could ask what was for dinner, her shoulders were violently grabbed.

Xueliang came home early today since he was unable to calm down. Only after looking his sister a couple times over did he finally release a sigh of relief.

“Brother, I’m not that fragile. Your incessant worrying will only make you grow grey hair and develop wrinkles faster.” Smoothing out the frown in between her brother’s eyebrows with her finger, Xuemei just sighed. In the face of such overprotectiveness, she was truly speechless.

“If you didn’t always do things that make brother worry like this, how would I always be concerned?” Xueliang retorted back.

Wincing a little, Xuemei did feel guilty. Actually, the brother from her previous self’s memories did seem to age more than 5 years during this time. Probably from all the depression and anger held in him from his precious sister’s suicide attempt and coma. It’s not that she didn’t understand his feelings, it was just hard for her. It’s not like she could just come out and say that she is not the original Xuemei, so their anxieties are all moot points.

“Brother, guess what?” Trying her best to change the topic, Xuemei asked quickly.

“Hm? What?” Indulging her completely, he just nodded.

“I got accepted by that acting teacher. He said he would help me during this time. I will be reporting to his studio tomorrow morning!” Sincerely smiling, Xuemei was truly happy about her accomplishment. Though not completely obtained through fair means, she still managed to convince Mo Chen to accept her.

“Really?” Taken aback, Xueliang no longer thought about his worries.

“Hey, you don’t have to look THAT surprised.”

“Well, no, it’s not that I didn’t believe in you…” But I really didn’t. Swallowing the last couple of words, Xueliang did not know how to respond. He truly did not think his little sister would be accepted. As much as he adored her, he was not blind to her many faults. However, recently, she has been much more mature and stable. Maybe she really did have talent?

“Alright, it’s fine. I’m really not exactly the most trustworthy person.” Waving her hand, Xuemei did not actually feel hurt. Going off his impression of his sister from the previous 14 years, Xueliang would not be in the wrong for guessing that she would be rejected.

“It must be because he saw your hidden talent! I knew my sister was amazing.” The proud look in his eyes was not a lie. He truly was ecstatic that his sister’s life seemed to turn around after waking up from her coma. “I remember when you were in primary school, you were chosen as the main character in the class play. Your abilities shown through even then!”

Primary school? Black lines covering her face, Xuemei still clearly remembered this event. What a load of BS! If the original’s memories were correct, then she really was the main character. However, her stage fright was so bad that she ended up wetting her pants during her first scene once she saw the crowd. This experience scarred her. As innocent as kids were, they were also the scariest when it came to bullying. They all called her names and isolated her after that event. Which led to her begging her parents to let her transfer to a new school.

“Brother, I thought I said we would never mention that event ever again.” Although the person in those memories was not actually her, Xuemei still felt the second-hand trauma and embarrassment of it all.

“Ah…” Realizing his mistake, Xueliang really wished he could insert his foot into his mouth at this moment. How could he forget…

“You know what, we should go tell mom and dad about the good news!”

“Yeah, okay.”

Mother Tang was in the kitchen cooking dinner with Father Tang at the side assisting her at the side. Although the family did have maids who would help cook, she had always enjoyed cooking herself. There was a certain happiness that one could feel when they saw the looks of enjoyment on the people eating their food. Her cooking ability was a point of pride back when she married Father Tang and it was what caught his attention when they started dating. Even now, the couple were very loving towards each other. It was not the passion of their youth, but a sort of love that was loyal, respectful, and comfortable. The two happily chatted about their day and joked about their kids. Neither of the two put much effort into looking young, but their happiness with each other seemed to keep them young and healthy. After Xuemei awoke from her coma, the two also could sleep well and recover their vitality. Seeing this scene, Xuemei reminisced about her past life’s parents. Similar to the Tang couple, they were the type of married couple that inspired their children to work hard to find the “right” partner. Pausing just for a moment before recovering, Xuemei put on a smile then walked into the kitchen. Hearing her walk in, the Tang couple both looked over.

“Xiao Mei, how did it go? Did he accept you?” Mrs. Tang asked first.

“It went well, Mom! I was accepted! He told me I could start going tomorrow!”

“What?! Husband, did you hear that?! Hahaha, our Meimei got accepted!” Dropping the cooking utensil in her hand, Mother Tang happily ran over to her daughter while raining kisses down. Father Tang also laughed loudly with pride.

“Of course! Whose daughter is she? My good daughter would definitely get accepted!”

“I’m going to cook a couple more of your favorites tonight! We will have a feast. Just wait a bit more!”

Although she said that, Mrs. Tang almost always prepared her daughter’s favorites anyways since she knew that Xuemei could be picky. The wait was not long before they were all seated and celebrating together. The joyful family scene warmed Xuemei’s heart as the connection she felt to her new family also grew. It would not be a connection that could be built in just a year, but she was slowly accepting these people as her relatives. As someone who spent the latter half her last life an orphan, this close-knit family had somewhat of an irresistible charm to her.

38