Chapter Thirty-Nine – Leah Likes
984 1 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter Thirty-Nine - Leah Likes

“Modern-day humanity is extremely starved of physical contact, with a large variety of consequences. Far too many to list here.

It began roughly with the advent of the internet, and has only become more extreme as our digital technology advanced.

How is it possible for an entire species to starve themselves of something so vital and proven necessary for life…voluntarily?

An interesting question to be sure, but more importantly, make use of our bonus* offer of physical contact**, lasting until the end of this week***, here at SleepTight Inc.!

*Base rate 499 cr/24h

**The customer bears responsibility for hygiene. Our robotics may be customized.

***Friday”

– Advertisement by SleepTight Inc.

 

***

 

Leah nuzzled deeper between Tinea’s antennae and allowed herself to physically relax as she was half supported by the smaller woman, and half held up by the tree behind her.

It was time to second-guess herself a little. There was absolutely no doubt in her mind that she liked Tinea an awful lot. Her easy presence, the softness and warmth, her willingness to provide freely was…arresting. Even that strange, extreme degree of openness didn’t feel like it came with overbearing expectations, probably because Tinea hadn’t shied away from being upfront about it all. There hadn’t been any catch hiding behind words.

It didn’t help, or maybe, it helped too much, that Tinea was also rather ridiculously cute—Leah had a feeling that the girl’s level of physical beauty and sheer adorableness wasn’t by accident. It didn’t feel unnatural, it wasn’t so perfect that it appeared unnatural, but Leah was pretty sure that conscious design, with today’s ideas of beauty standards, had gone into Tinea’s body.

So yeah. Leah was in trouble. She needed to know, to understand, how much of her attraction was born from the situation they were in, that she’d been rescued from, how much of it was about how well she actually knew Tinea, and whether she’d still like Tinea, if she got to know her better?

Could she…commit, as it stood? What if she found out she couldn’t? Leah had no reason to doubt that Tinea would return any feelings.

Nothing she’d seen so far made her think that she would end up liking Tinea less, the longer she knew her. It didn’t feel like her rescuer would behave in questionable ways around the littles.

And even if there was an issue, it looked a lot like Tinea was self-aware enough to be able to talk about it, to sort out these complex issues, without it turning into soul-destroying arguments. 

So…where to go from here? Fall in love? Dive in head-first?

That didn’t quite feel right either, but was that healthy caution, or just a reticence to go back on her word, even if she had reason to think that maybe that promise was kind of…useless, or even misguided, in the first place?

Was it? Well, why’d she decide to wait until she saw how Tinea behaved around those under her power that weren’t adult, anyway?

She’d wanted to make sure that no bad person would enter the children’s life by her hand. Her job was to be a protector, a caretaker, and a teacher. She and her colleagues worked as one, and they all understood how difficult it was to keep foreign…interests away from the littles.

A flash of rage went through Leah at the thought of the kidnappers approaching any of the children, hot blood clenching her fists and grinding her teeth. She forced herself to breathe deeply, to step back from that picture. It wasn’t of any use, right now.

Responsibilities.

Yeah. Being careful about who she gave herself to, that was perfectly reasonable. Mandatory, even.

Ah.

She hadn’t yet figured out how she was already so sure that Tinea wasn’t dangerous in that sense.

Hmm. There was something there. Like her subconscious already knew something that she didn’t consciously see. What was it?

Tinea… Hadn’t tried to convince her otherwise, at all, when Leah said she wanted to wait until she saw how the woman behaved around children. That meant something. 

It told her that Tinea was at least emotionally aware of power dynamics, and that even if she had a reasonable, healthy, and correct explanation that would have explained the unnecessity of Leah’s caution, actually using it at that point would have been the opposite of letting Leah figure it out herself, and thereby introduced an imbalance in the power dynamics between them.

Come to think of it, there was no way Tinea’s mature side wasn’t consciously aware of this, was there? She’d shown waaay too much understanding of this kind of stuff, even as inexperienced as Tinea, or perhaps Aden, claimed to be at relationships. Not with how natural Tinea’s sense for invading Leah’s personal space without making it…cringe, was. A benefit of her introspective nature?

Was it just Leah’s own wishes to be with Tinea, that blinded her to actual issues and highlighted only what she wanted to notice, or did she see true?

Okay, that was the question to answer, wasn’t it? And…yeah. It wasn’t one she should answer herself, by herself. She needed a third opinion. Knowing that was the real responsibility she had as a caretaker.

So.

For the moment, no change. Leah wouldn’t shy away from the closeness they both so enjoyed, and she couldn’t kid herself, which Leah desperately needed. But she would not allow herself to go further, either. Not yet.

Soft fuzz tickling her underneath her jaw distracted her moments later with a shiver.

 

***

 

While the Sleeve was taking care of Leah’s hygiene where it covered her, the same was obviously not true for her hair, or even the upper half of her throat and neck. I figured she hadn’t had a chance to actually wash properly for at least a week now, and yeah, honestly? It smelled like it.

I remotely commanded the Sleeve’s neck to open up at the front down to the collarbones, and spun a sheet of silk across Leah’s throat. 

Ahem. As…delicious as Leah’s shiver against my tail was, I still needed to focus on the weaving.

Finished, I took the silken rag in hand, and carefully rubbed her down underneath her ears and jaw, wiping away a layer of grimy sweat until the silk was smeared black with dirt and dust.

Leah sighed slightly at my gentle touches, looked down at me with a grin, and stretched out a hand palm up, while the top half of the Sleeve unfurled itself from her torso and left her bare.

It looked a little surreal, seeing functional arms and hands ‘float’ away from the shoulders like that.

I dutifully took my antennae in hand before my puppies could start to sniff at her puppies, and wove a big ball of soft, fluffy silk for her, which she used on her front. Leah giggled as the tips of my antennae still wiggled in her direction, making me grin.

With a nudge, I had her turn around, and repeated the process on her back, where I noticed she had a slight rash on one shoulder blade.

“Leah, is the Sleeve uncomfy, somehow? Your skin’s complaining, here.” I asked, lightly touching the spot.

Leah seemed surprised as she tried to look at the spot, so I sent her a video stream of my own vision.

“Uh, no. That’s just a…stress reaction. I haven’t had that since late childhood. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised it’s back…”

Ah. Yeah, that made sense, considering how things had gone for her…

I gave her a tight hug from behind and asked, “Want me to weave something like a shirt for you? Uh, a top, rather, ‘cause of the synaptic connection at the lower spine.”

“Sure!”

I smiled at her enthusiasm, and got to it. This project was a little more difficult, because unlike myself, Leah couldn’t just change her skin to let sticky silk fall off. I couldn’t glue it to her, so I had to experiment a little to find a proper way of doing it, and really, the only reason I was willing to do it at all, was because I could spin silk so quickly. In seconds, I created several strips that curved around her throat as the neckline, around her ribcage as the bottom hem, and around her shoulders, like spaghetti straps, forming a frame that let me see how the thing would hang across her body.

Next, I filled in the panels, slightly adjusting tension here and there, until it looked like Leah was wearing a skin-tight silken tank top that stopped a few centimeters beneath her breasts.

Uh, I have no idea about clothing names. Like, what do you even call this thing? Was it just a top? It wasn’t a sports bra, I thought, but… No fucking clue. I’d have to study up, huh? Maybe Leah would enjoy teaching me?

She cooed at my work and adjusted it slightly here and there, obviously charmed by the smooth and soft texture.

Then I took complete advantage and buried my face in Leah’s welcoming cleavage.

Yup. That’s the life.

Leah’s giggling vibrated me a little, and I felt her hand stroke down my hair. I liked that. I really, really liked that. It made me look forward to the day that she’d have a better prosthetic, for better stroking.

Uh. Bad Tinea.

After a few moments, I let go, and got another good look at how everything was seated, for a final few adjustments. I was no seamstress, and even with my ability to just weave something out of thin air, it was obvious that the top wasn’t tailored professionally. But it did well enough, I thought. 

Leah too, got back to business. “Tinea, I’m done with my calls, for now. My people are safe, and they were aware that I…was disappeared, from damage to my door. It seems not everybody of our kidnappers was skilled enough to avoid leaving traces.”

“Oh, that’s very good news. Yeah, especially since they could’ve just hacked the door and opened it without touching it at all, right?”

“Not quite, I also have a mechanical lock. Just a simple bar, but that’s where they caused the damage. Maybe ‘cause nobody’s had to deal with anything non-electronic for decades? We’ll have to see if we can find anything else. My friends were smart enough not to disturb the place in any way.”

“Awesome. Let’s do that as soon as we get back. The kids?”

“Safe and well. They miss me though.” Leah gave a slightly sad sigh, filled with bittersweet happiness.

“Aww.” I squeezed her tightly and kissed her on the collarbone. Our symbol of shared emotions.

She hummed with satisfaction and straightened up. “There’s other stuff I had a think on, but let’s talk about that when we have a little more time, alright?”

“Sure.” I let go of her, and readied myself to move again after closing up her Sleeve for her. She could’ve done it herself, but the wry grin she gave me told me she liked having me zip her up anyway.

I highlighted a group of five model Threes roughly a minute’s walk away, on a shared video feed, and then shifted a little further to a larger group of twenty aliens. “We’re starting to get enough points to accelerate the gain. I think once we’ve taken out these Threes, we’ll have enough to upgrade properly for this big group.”

“How many points have we made so far?”

With a quick glance of my counter, I said, “We should have a combined one hundred and forty points, or so?”

One hundred and forty-three, to be exact.

“Ah, thank you, Tynea. That’s enough to get you a proper gun, Leah. If we kill those Threes in the first group, we’ll be at roughly two hundred again, with the bonus. I think a hundred and fifty sounds reasonable, that’ll leave us with a bit of a buffer.”

“Hmm. Frankly, I need some sort of melee weapon. The Sleeve will kinda get in the way of that though, so maybe something that’s more automatic in nature? That’s starting to sound expensive… Yeah, let’s go with the gun first. I’ll get myself something to defend me in close quarters as soon as I can, or you’d have to start carting me around when shit hits the fan.”

The mental imagery made me giggle. Big-ass Leah riding little me piggyback, with legs so long she was practically running herself.

“Yeah, I can, actually. But that kind of defeats our purpose here. We’re trying to get stronger, not awkwarder.” Leah snorted at my wordsmithing, but nodded.

“Let’s do it. The Threes at least should be easy.”

 

***

Yay, another illustration! This is Tinea, as imagined by EllamAtion_s.

Her antennae are a little different, but that’s okay, especially since her biomodding allows her to change their characteristics, if she wants to. So, it’s actually kinda canon!

Chronologically, this art is an amalgamation of two separate events. There’s Tinea waking up and playing with her antennae to get used to them, and there’s Leah’s design of the emitter she has yet to gift Tinea.

 

If you'd like, please leave your thoughts in the comments down below, and perhaps rate Tinea and Leah, or even give it a review.

I wish to earn my living as an author eventually, so I've got to partake in that sort of economy with those sorts of algorithms, and your ratings, reviews, and especially your advanced reviews, would drastically help me gain traction!

Each of those is worth twice as much to RR's ranking list as the previous, while comments and view are kind of left by the wayside, unfortunately.

If you know of a friend who might enjoy this show, please share Tinea and Leah with them.

Thank you.


Discord! This is where we meet, to share feedback, suggest ideas, or just to have a chat!

 

69