Boys Cannot Be Saintesses Part Two
242 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Noir quirked a brown, resting her big brown eyes at him. Her, being tested for magic ability? It shouldn’t be that big of a deal—she’d get tested, they’d find out the two of them had no magical ability, and they go on with their lives.

“As you wish, Father.” At her words, a small smile graced his lips. It stunned Noir for a beat or two before the little boy stirring beside her broke her stilled gaze. The little Prince huffed, his cheeks flushed scarlet with slumber. His droopy, half-lidded eyes glanced up at Noir as she gave his back a rub.

“It’s alright little one, you sleep for a bit longer, yeah?” She cooed with a smile

She felt the Duke’s eyes scrutinize her movements. She felt her father’s eyes on her, causing her to stop and give him a soft smile.

“What is it, Father?”

“You appear to be similar to a mother towards His Highness—“ Noir’s haze from his, as she sucked in a sharp breath. 

“—which isn’t a fault, per se, however at the rate he’s getting attached is very interesting. As his uncle, and as your father, I can say he has a considerable amount of trust for you. After his mother died, the boy was closed off to people—despite that, after meeting him, you’ve made him become a child again.” The duke pauses, his gaze hot and unwavering. It was clear how he became the Emperor’s right-hand man. He was intelligent, and tactful as all hell due to his strict and restrictive upbringing--he was perfect for everything, except raising a child.

“I trust that you won’t do anything to break that trust, right?” 

Ah, the Duke was terrifying when it came down to it. She’d have to be much more careful around if he was this perceptive to things.

“Of course, I pledged my body, heart, and soul to His Highness. I’d rather die than betray him.”

Heeding his warning, Noir closed her eyes, relishing in the slightly bumpy yet slow carriage ride. Ah, for a child she was so tired. Being raised in the 21st century didn’t do much for her unwillingness to get up and work but maybe making up before the sun rose every day took a toll on her. However, in this life, she had a goal and with that goal, she needed to get stronger. 

She had more grievances too--no matter much she worked out, she gained only muscle, yet still retained her fat. Starving herself during meals, eating nothing but plants, declining to eat tasty things like mutton and sweets to lose weight--all seeming to be in vain. Sure, she was young, but it was kind of frustrating to not see results!

Mentally, she sighed and caressed the soft hair of the boy sleeping against her. Taking in the atmosphere, she calmed her nerves a bit.

She smiled.

Quiet moments like these were the best.

8