After Eight Years Part One
336 5 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
(A/N: I abandoned and killed off Antoinette...I apologize. In my original idea for the story, she played a bigger role, but the inclusion of the ‘Female Lead’ I couldn’t find a proper place for her--I, as well wanted to diverge the plot a little bit and artificially move it along. I hope you guys understand. Enjoy!)

Silently, the eighteen-year-old emperor sat beside the bed of the person who hadn’t woken in eight years. After being tested of his magical ability, Noir had fallen unconscious. After consulting several healers, even the Duke couldn’t come up with a reason for it. He and the prince were advised to wait, so they did.
The young man continued to sleep.
Even growing taller, wider while time moved around him. After the event that led his childhood companion to sleep, the young, soft-hearted prince, Hiliarie became hardened and became a capable emperor. The princess who was formerly his fiancée died of illness, and he hadn’t felt the need to engage with another girl again. Among many other things, like being drafted into war at a young age, he lost that purity he had as a child.
He grew taller, his skin skin remained clear and pale like milk, his hair stayed a light like starlight--he face grew more masculine, his voice deeper.
He resented the Church of Light, who had recently named their Saintess, and began to work hard for the kingdom to become independent from it.
He improved on both his physical and magical skills,
And this past spring, Hiliarie was crowned as the current Emperor, with Duke Monet as his adviser.
Meanwhile, the Duke, who was in his quarters found out Noir’s secret, which made him a bit curious about his past. If it hadn’t been for the maid bathing ‘his’ body, he wouldn’t have known his ‘son’ was rather his ‘daughter’
He hadn’t felt the need to tell his highness, considering that it would possibly be detrimental to his trust in the comatose youth. He couldn’t help but feel like Noir had a serious reason to hide her gender--The Duke had a distrust of women, one not bordering on hatred, but distrusting of those who felt that they were cunning.
But this girl, who was a child had no reason for that--at least not any he could think of. He wondered how scared the girl was to lie and conceal her identity. And, it was something he wouldn’t know until the young woman broke from her spell of slumber.
The only ones who knew of the Young Master’s secret were- the small handful of maids, healers, and the Duke who threatened the former with death if the secret were to leave the Dukedom.

6