04 – Travel
1.4k 0 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Uff..." Ezekiel was sweating with his wings stretched out on the floor of a training room accompanied by a man.

"Is everything all right, son? I don't know what else to do..." Miguel said as he watched Ezekiel lying on the ground breathing heavily,

"It's okay, Dad, there's no sense in me having wings and not being able to use..." Ezekiel, who was now 10 years old, responded to his father, still with the same determination in his eyes as 6 years ago.

Besides getting taller, in these 6 years Ezekiel chose not to cut his hair to look better for when he became a professional hero, thanks to his mother's advice.

Looking at himself, the rest of him started to lose a little of the round shape and get a little thinner, giving him a refined look. Together with his long purplish-white hair, anyone who saw him walking down the street would think he was a nobleman who had just come out of a painting.

Under his shirt was a small six-pack still in development because of his age, but his height wasn't the only thing that grew, the pair of wings on his back also got much bigger than they used to be.

Before, the small wings, which were no more than 20cm long and could barely bear his weight in a fall, were now almost 1.2m each when stretched. That if you take into account that Ezekiel is 1.3m tall, it is almost as if the wings were his own size.

But that only added to Ezekiel's frustration. He had taken some biology books focused on anatomy to try to understand how wings work in animals, but nothing was of much help to him. But he hasn't given up, he knows there are heroes with wings that fly very well, it seems that only one more little thing is left before he can fly.

Another thing that happened in the meantime was his healing power improving. Although the amount he improved was not much, since his training with this power was in injured security guards and people who were not necessarily in danger.

He could help, with his little strength, and little by little he got better. Before he had trouble closing 1cm cuts, now he could help close a 5cm cut without problems. But what he realized was that he was getting better so slowly because he really only got stronger when he felt he was doing good and helping people.

When he was a child, his belief that he was helping his little friend to be able to play with the other children awakened the power, but now that he was healing small cuts that security guards often made in play, it did not awaken any sense of being needed in Ez, causing his power not to improve much.

"Let's finish up here, in a little while your mother will call me to leave soon. She's very excited for this trip." Miguel said as he handed his son a water claw.

"It's been a long time since we've visited my grandparents. I miss them too." Ezekiel said with a little childish smile on his face. Although he matured quite quickly for his age, Ezekiel was still only 10 years old.

When the two men arrived home, the scene they saw was a woman with long white hair, very beautiful who looked at the beginning of her 30s, watching them with a deadly look. "You were supposed to be here an hour ago..."

Seeing that look, Ezekiel quickly summoned his own wings and tried desperately to fly as he tried to run from his mother, but she was quicker and caught him by the shirt while he had an evil laugh.

...

A few hours later, a black Audi A7 was driving quietly along the road as it reached a small country town.

Inside that Audi A7, there was a happy family. A tall man with purple hair and a very handsome face with a bump on his head acting as if nothing had happened, a very beautiful woman with long white hair with a quiet smile on her face, and a 10-year-old child in the back seat looking out the window bored with the bump on his head too.

When the car stopped in front of an East Japanese style house, the three of them got off while stretching after sitting for so long during the journey.

"You've finally arrived! My God, Ez has grown so much!" A very cute little lady came out of the house after hearing the noise of the car coming.

Ezekiel when he heard the lady talking about him, quickly turned to her and ran to give her a hug. His grandmother always treated him so well, he loved coming here.

"Hohoho, my worthless son-in-law finally created the courage to come?" A short man also came out of the house while laughing looking at Miguel.

"Look at that, you still got the guts to show your face after losing so many times to me, old man?" Miguel didn't stay behind either and laughed looking at the old man.

The other three already used to these two always fighting and quarreling ignored them and went inside while Ez took the bags to them.

After a while with his family, Ez went out to do what he enjoyed most in the small town, to play football with his friends he had made the other times he had come here. Even though he came little, Ezekiel was always very friendly, making friends with anyone he felt had good character.

But on the way to the football field, Ezequiel saw an old lady come out of a construction shop and stumble on a sidewalk hole. As he was about to run to help the old lady not fall to the ground, a chubby little hand came out of the construction shop and leaned against the old lady, making her practically lighter and able to balance herself before she fell to the ground, leaving Ezekiel amazed.

37