08 – Getting Stronger
1.2k 6 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After healing everyone, Ezekiel felt that the improvement he had now was much greater than the improvement he had in those 6 years of training. The 5cm wound that he could close with the help of his power before, had now become 20cm. All this in just an hour helping people.

Seeing this, he remembered what that fisherman in his dream said, that the more good deeds he did, the stronger he would become.

When he finally finished helping the last person, a hand was placed on each shoulder of Ezekiel, scaring him for a second.

But looking away, he saw the Water Hose hero couple looking at him with a smile as his wife said. "Thanks, kid, I don't think without your help we could do anything to help those two people."

"Of course, your help was essential. With your Quirk, I'm sure you'll become one of the greatest heroes in the world." The man said with bright eyes as he looked at the wings on his back then looked at all the people talking cheerfully amazed at the healed wounds.

Ezekiel was very happy to hear the praise of the two professional Heroes and responded back. "Your help was also essential, I only managed to save the two people on the terrace because you were controlling the flames, otherwise I couldn't even get close to the building. Not counting all the people you saved before I got here. "

The two heroes were surprised at this boy's humility and felt even more that he could become one of the greatest heroes in the world, given his Quirk and the attitude he had.

While they were talking, a reporter approached them with the camera pointed at all three and quickly asked a question. "Water Hose, your presence in our little town tonight was surely a hidden fortune for our people. Do you happen to have any relation to our little angel hero?"

"Actually, it was all a big coincidence. We also know him today, and I can assure you that seeing him come down from the building was a surprise to us too."

Hearing their answer, the reporter turned to Ezekiel and with the camera pointed at him she asked. "You seem very young, but we saw great bravery coming from you when we learned that you risked entering a burning building to save two people while risking your own life. Do you intend to become a professional hero when you're older?"

Ezekiel was a little scared when he saw the camera pointing at him, but when he heard her question, no doubt he answered. "Yes! My dream is to become a professional hero when I grow up and be able to help as many people as possible."

"How nice! Know that we wish you a bright future, and that you can help even more people like you helped today". She told him before she stopped the recording. The reporter knew that because he was so young, it wouldn't be very ethical to expose the boy so much on TV.

Ezekiel said goodbye to the heroes and the reporter and took off for heaven as the people saved by him applauded him for what he had done for them.

Arriving home, Ezekiel saw four people sitting on the couch while watching television. On the screen, an angel descended from the sky with his face covered with a mask as he walked away from a fire.

[Today, in our quiet Mie Prefecture, a fire occurred in a residential building. Apparently caused by a failure in the gas line, the second floor began to burn as the fire spread to the rest of the building.

Numerous residents were injured, some even deformed their bodies due to the degree of burns.

But thanks to the three heroes who made their appearance, no one was hurt.

And you ask yourself, how come nobody was hurt, since several people had burns?

Basically, while the Water Hose heroes did their best to control the fire, a young man with a hero spirit used his Quirk to fly over the area and look for injured people.

After rescuing a pair of mother and daughter, he brought them to the ground safely and used Quirk himself to be able to heal all of their injuries, taking advantage to be able to heal other people's injuries caused by the fire.

The people called him the Archangel, and we could clearly see the gratitude in everyone's eyes when they saw the members being healed.

We all know that the Recovery Girl is getting old, and to the despair of many, no other Quirk-like person had appeared, thus causing fear to the population. But now, perhaps we have witnessed the birth of a new hero who may inherit the legacy of Recovery Girl].

The people who were watching television certainly knew who this hero was that people were calling the Archangel. And with a deadly look, Ezekiel's mother as if she had a sixth sense turned to him and began to face him.

"Hey, guys?" He said a little uncertain.

"Well, if it isn't the new Archangel hero, who without his mother's permission, has stuck himself in a dangerous place." His mother said as she walked quietly towards him.

But before Ezekiel could say anything, she hugged him and patted him on the back. "Son, you don't know how worried I was when I saw that. But the pride I felt in seeing you act was even greater."

He was speechless for a second, but he understood what she was feeling.

"But don't do it again without telling me!" She said before she slapped him on the head, causing other people in the room to laugh.

Across the room, his father and grandfather looked at him with huge smiles on their faces as they gave him thumbs up, proud of what he did.

...

In another house, a cute little girl of Ezekiel's age was watching the TV with stars in her eyes recognizing who was that "Archangel" who saved those people from the burning building. Feeling the urge to become a hero grows in her chest too.

29