Chapter 7
771 8 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey guys. I want to say my thanks for people who have rated this story when I was asking for it. You guys are awesome.

By the way, I want more ratings, but I won't ask shamelessly this time. Instead, I am making a goal. If this story reaches 25 ratings, I will create smut chapters every time the MC done it (don't worry. There will be that kind of development in the future).

Initially, I don't want to write smut chapters because I don't put smut tag in this story. In the future, this story will still be PG-13, but if MC done it, the smut chapters will be in another work. I am going to create a collection of smut scenes in this story as my another work so people who don't like smut can be at ease.

Of course, I will only write smut chapters if this story ever reaches 25 ratings, so... Hehe... Help me guys.

"What a pain," Jake said as he covered his feet with repulsive force, propelling his body toward Misael. He stopped in front of him and launched a punch at his solar plexus before the latter could use his [Demonic Transformation].

[Congratulations! Your technique is recognized by the system.]

[Congratulations! You have learned Butler Style: Falling Petal Strike!]

[Congratulations! Your Butler Style has reached rank E!]

It was a given that more of his techniques were recognized by the system as he had mastered the martial art, so he ignored the system's message and focused on his opponent. He couldn't give Misael a chance to retaliate.

Jake grabbed Misael's hair and landed a knee kick at his neck. "You are so annoying. Do you think you can live longer with this attitude? Look buddy, you are so weak," he said as he threw Misael to the ground.

Misael was about to get up, but Jake stomped his face. He was about to grab Jake's feet, but Jake suddenly placed his other foot on his neck, preventing him from breathing. Misael desperately tried to move Jake's foot from his neck, but he couldn't do it, as if there was a force that was sticking his opponent's foot on his neck. After that, the man had to endure a barrage of stomping while Jake was scolding him.

[Congratulations! You have learned Butler Style: Plum Blossom Stance!]

[Congratulations! Your Butler Style has reached rank D!]

Even though his technique was getting stronger, Jake didn't care about it. He was really angry. He truly hated it when people forced his way on himself. However, he could still think logically. He knew Misael would really die if he continued, so he stopped stomping him.

As Jake put down his foot, Misael raised his head, pushing Jake off him. He roared, his body emanating red aura. "[Demonic Transformation]!"

As he shouted his ability, Misael's body gradually became bigger. His head grew a pair of horns, and his skin turned red. He glared at Jake with his red eyes and growled at him, showing his jagged teeth.

Faced with Misael's terrifying transformation, Jake only showed a curious face. The only demons he had seen were his mother, his little sister, and his big brother. All his demon relatives had black sclera and white iris, so it was the first time he saw a demon with another characteristic.

"Mother said demons are a humanoid race with the second largest variants, but sadly most of them died in the Holy War, so it will be a pity if I kill you. Surrender."

Misael slammed the ground with his humongous hands and charged at Jake. Each of his steps caused an earthquake.

Looking at Misael, Jake knew he gained strength enhancement. Even he wouldn't leave uninjured if he took a hit from him. However, he was still calm. No matter how strong his opponent was, his martial art could counter it.

"Come!" Jake exclaimed. He waited for Misael's punch, but before the humongous fist could reach him, a magic blast hit the demonic man, taking him down in one hit.

Jake also saw a magic blast coming from his side. He pivoted his waist and placed his hand at the magic bullet's trajectory. Before the magic blast could hit his hand, he activated attractive force and guided the bullet of light's movement. After that, he switched his aura to the repulsive force, deflecting the magic blast to the ground.

"I see. They said you are very skilled, but I never thought you could deflect my magic," Fang Whitehound said as he approached Jake. "Well, I held my energy back too, but still it was impressive."

"Teacher? What are you doing?" Jake said.

"That's my line, Jake Butler. Why are you bullying your fellow student?"

"Isn't that a bad assumption? He was the one who started it."

"From my point of view, you one-sidedly attacked him. Well, but I guess you have a point. Come to the office now, Butler. I want to hear what happened," Fang Whitehound said. Then, he looked at the other class A students who had been watching the fight from the side. "You guys take Misael to the infirmary."

---

"Now, let's hear your story," Fang said after they arrived at the teacher's office.

Jake told him the truth without adding any falsehood. After that, he admitted his own mistake. "I was at fault too. Misael's action angered me. I was a bit excited too when I beat him down because at that time, I gained a new ability."

"New ability?" Fang asked seriously.

"It's just a small ability. Nothing big, but I have reached rank D after continuously beating Misael."

Fang laughed when he heard that. "Amusing. I don't know whether you are bragging or admitting your mistake, but I commend your honesty. Jake Butler, you won't receive point deduction for defending yourself. However, don't beat your classmates senselessly next time. As for Misael, I will deduct 2 points from him for violence and causing trouble for his classmate. I will send this message to him directly later. For now, you are dismissed."

Jake stood up and bowed at his teacher. "Thank you. I appreciate your fairness as well."

Fang winked. "I just want to create an environment where my students can get along, so please try to get along with everyone."

Jake smiled. "That's my intention as well." He turned around and left the office.

Jake's next destination was the infirmary. Inside the room, Misael was lying unconscious. As he approached his victim, he felt a pity because no one was here to look after the patient. Maybe because of his violent nature, the classmates were scared of Misael. 

As if sensing Jake's presence, Misael opened his eyes. He looked around in confusion and asked, "Where the hell am I?"

"Infirmary. You are unconscious," Jake simply said.

Misael widened his eyes when he saw Jake, but he quickly recovered his complexion and laughed. "I see, so I lost."

Jake looked at him with a dumbfounded expression. "Buddy, you have lost many times before you went unconscious."

Misael closed his eyes and smiled. "In a fight, you only lose when you surrender or get knocked out. You knocked me out, so I lost to you."

Jake averted his eyes. The one who made Misael unconscious was Fang Whitehound, but he didn't want to reveal this.

"I lost to you, so I acknowledge that you are the strongest person in our class. I will get along with your goal for now," Misael said.

Jake rubbed his chin as he found Misael to be a peculiar person. "Let me ask you something. Why did you use your second talent? I reckon your family wants you to hide it."

"Because it was fun. To hell with other people's opinions. This is my power, and I am in control of this power."

"I see. Well, in the future, just don't force people into a fight without their consent and don't cause trouble to other people. You won't live long with the way you are living, you know."

Misael smirked. "I wonder about that, but I will get along with your words for now."

"Alright. I won't bother you any longer then. Hope you recover quickly." Jake extended his fist toward Misael.

Misael darted his eyes around Jake and his fist, making the situation awkward. After a while, he instinctively extended his fist and bumped it against Jake's. "I will get stronger, Jake. Don't you dare become weaker than me?"

Jake laughed. "Do your worst."

---

The next day, Jake arrived in his classroom a bit later. He was a little nervous because of his fight against Misael. Even he would feel troubled if people feared him. Luckily, no people looked at him with fear. In fact, they praised his strength.

"Good fight, Butler," Olympia praised while clapping her hands as he passed by.

Jake was glad no one feared him, but he was astonished. Their classmate was injured, yet they cheered the assailant. Well, it was possible because Misael didn't leave a good impression in other people's eyes. If Jake was the one who was injured, he believed no one would cheer at Misael.

"Yo, Jake. Are you injured?" Warren asked after Jake sat on his seat.

"I took no beating, so I am fine."

Warren grinned. "Heh, as expected of the strongest in our class."

"Do you think Grimes will have his revenge?" Cody asked in a concerned tone.

"I heard his injury was quite severe. I don't think he has recovered today, so Jake is safe for now," Brian replied.

"Nah, he won't have his revenge," Jake refused.

As they gossiped about Misael Grimes, the very person arrived at the classroom. He was still covered in bandages, but his expression was calm. When he walked into the class, everyone stopped talking and looked at him. He stopped before Jake and looked down on him.

"Hey, if you pick a fight again like yesterday, we won't stay quiet," Warren warned.

Misael ignored him. He extended his fist toward Jake, making everyone wary about his action.

Jake smiled and bumped his fist against Misael's, making everyone surprised. "I am glad you won't miss the class, Misael."

Misael didn't reply. He lowered his hand and went to his own seat.

"When did you become close with that guy?" Brian asked in amazement.

Jake shrugged. "We had no prior grudges. Besides, I can't hate the other students as a class president."

Misael was the last student to arrive. Not long after him, Fang Whitehound entered the class with his usual cheerful expression.

"Good morning, everyone. I hope you have had breakfast. Today, you are going to attend mandatory classes, so I want you to give me the mandatory classes application form now," Fang said.

Mandatory classes were special classes that taught the students advanced courses. These classes were the place where students learned magic, martial arts, and developed their supernatural abilities. Of course, the students didn't have to attend all mandatory classes. The school gave tips on the students' paths. For example, if someone wanted to become a wizard, they were advised to take magic theory class, mana meditation class, and magic combat class.

Jake was planning to attend the wizard course because he had S rank in intelligent and wisdom stats. These two stats were important for wizards. Intelligent stat influenced someone's mana quantity in their body and increased their magic casting effectiveness. As for wisdom stat, it influenced someone's mana quality in the sense of reducing the mana usage when casting a spell. Not only that, wisdom stat increased someone's magic resistance.

Apart from those two stats, perception was also an important stat for wizards and warriors. It enhanced someone's sense and the rate of learning speed. As someone who was blessed with A rank in this stat, he theoretically could learn magic faster. That was one of the reasons why he chose to major in magic. Besides, he could learn martial arts by himself.

As Jake took out his application form, Fang suddenly called, "Mr. Butler, please collect everyone's application form."

Jake tilted his head and pointed at his own face. "Me? Why me?"

Fang looked at him with a dumbfounded expression. "Because you are the class president, duh."

"But why me? Where is my vice president or secretary?"

"There is nothing like that... Just collect the papers, Butler."

"Eehh...." Jake put on a reluctant face. "Then with my power as the class president, I will appoint someone as my vice president. Let's see, rank 2 is Reina Rowe, so you are the vice president now. Congratulations!"

"Sure, sure. I am alright with this development. What about Ms. Rowe's opinion, though? Do you want to become the vice president?" Fang asked, and Reina only nodded calmly. "Then please collect everyone's papers."

Reina nodded. She was about to stand up, but Cody Hall suddenly raised his hand and said, "Let me do it. Let me become this class's secretary."

28