Chapter 53: Copyright Distribution
149 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After roughly skimming through, Wu Hao realized that after the release of the first episode of his documentary series, it had already become widely known among the majority of internet users in the country. Its influence was undeniably strong.

Even the influence of the large-scale documentary "A Taste of XX" that CCTV launched in previous years paled in comparison to this episode on the South China Tiger.

After all, this was a filming style that people had never seen before. Currently, not only was the video available for playback on Youdou Video, but it was also prominently featured and recommended on other major video websites.

If it were to be broadcasted on television, the coverage would be even greater.

"It seems that I can adopt a pay-per-view model now!" In fact, Youdou Video had long offered various forms of paid programs, with viewing fees that were not high. Some videos could even be watched for free if one had a membership.

Wu Hao's documentary series, being a large-scale production, already had nearly 20 episodes completed. He believed that by selling the broadcasting rights for these 20 episodes, it would certainly bring him a decent income.

Furthermore, he could also cooperate with television stations and divide the earnings based on viewership ratings.

With this in mind, Wu Hao quickly opened his specially registered email account. After reading all the emails, he immediately understood.

"So many television stations have already sent me emails in the past few days! However, if I reply now, I can definitely negotiate better prices."

"However, as for the invitation from the National Cybersecurity Group... forget it, I don't have the time to join any organization." Wu Hao casually smiled and ignored the invitation from the cybersecurity group.

Instead, he started replying to emails from CCTV, BBC, and Youdou Video, informing them of his preferred cooperation methods and attaching a contract declaration. He also explained how they should make payments to him based on the video's revenue, and so on.

Naturally, Wu Hao couldn't sign any formal contracts with them for this documentary. After all, he wouldn't meet with them in person. So, this contract was more of a formality.

As long as he didn't hand over the videos to other similar operational organizations, as long as these two television media and online media claimed that they had purchased the broadcasting rights, other reputable media organizations couldn't play them without permission.

These three media organizations included China's CCTV, an internationally influential documentary media institution, and the largest domestic online video platform.

The country had already enacted relevant laws and regulations, so other media outlets couldn't broadcast the videos without proper licensing.

As for whether some small pirated websites would pirate and play the videos, Wu Hao wouldn't bother. After all, piracy was a normal occurrence in China. As long as a portion of the audience supported the legitimate version, it was enough. Given the current situation in China, it was impossible to change it in a short period.

Wu Hao was also very detailed in the contract. He allowed them to resell the secondary copyrights, but regardless of the operation, he would still collect the corresponding share of the revenue.

After sending the emails, Wu Hao opened his account on Youdou Video and found that the website's editors had already sent him messages internally, with content similar to the emails.

Since he had already replied to the emails, he didn't pay attention to the messages.

Following that, Wu Hao opened his computer and released the second episode of the documentary, then checked the progress of the goods he had ordered.

These goods were transported by an international logistics company, so Wu Hao could track them at each transit station.

He even directly infiltrated the local traffic surveillance videos of these goods, but with Wu Hao's current hacking skills, those people would never detect any anomalies.

After all, Wu Hao wasn't infiltrating their national military networks. It was impossible for the general traffic network's firewalls to detect his infiltration.

Perhaps only if Wu Hao were to breach the most confidential military network systems in countries like the United States would he be discovered. However, Wu Hao wasn't idle, and he had no intention of infiltrating such places.

-------------------------------

In a certain office in Beijing, the Deputy Director convened a discussion with several key personnel after reviewing the contract that Wu Hao had provided them.

"Tell me, should we agree to the conditions proposed by the other party?"

"Director, I think we can agree to their profit-sharing request. However, the challenge lies in the fact that the other party doesn't intend to sign a formal contract face-to-face, which could be difficult to handle..."

"It's indeed difficult to justify to our superiors without a proper contract." The Director agreed wholeheartedly, as this issue was currently troubling them.

After all, CCTV was not just any ordinary television media. It was directly regulated by the highest authorities. If it were any other media, there wouldn't be much problem with the cooperative approach proposed by Wu Hao.

"Director, it's actually quite normal for the other party to make such a request. After all, they haven't specified which organization or entity they belong to. It's understandable for them to adopt this approach. I think we should directly explain this situation to our superiors."

Hearing this, the Deputy Director in the higher position found it reasonable. Instead of discussing it here, it would be better to report it directly to the superiors.

On the other hand, dealing with Youdou Video was much simpler. They didn't propose any counteroffers to Wu Hao's conditions. The Vice President of Youdou Video directly instructed the editors below to reply to Wu Hao's email.

In the UK, the responsible person at the BBC, in charge of documentary productions, was also deliberating after receiving Wu Hao's reply.

"Gentlemen, I believe that while we agree to the cooperative approach proposed by the other party, we should also inquire about their filming methods. The team behind this documentary is undoubtedly the world's top-notch wildlife filming team."

"Thomas, I completely agree with your viewpoint. However, I doubt that the other party will disclose such information. But one thing is certain, they possess world-class hacking skills."

In fact, during this period, many skilled hackers from around the world had conducted a series of tracing and investigations on Wu Hao's account and email. However, they didn't obtain the results they desired.

This was because Wu Hao's account and email address on Youdou Video showed no distinctive features. Moreover, every time Wu Hao logged in, he did so in a way that went completely unnoticed by them.

4