Chapter 74: Fusion Power Generation Equipment
106 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the superpowers of telekinesis and mental perception, Wu Hao swiftly assembled a simple 3D metal printing and smelting device.

In less than 20 minutes, Wu Hao completed the assembly and directed all available power to this makeshift 3D metal printing device. Since a considerable amount of electricity is required to fully melt the metal raw materials and proceed with the printing process, Wu Hao turned off all the computers and lights in the base, saving power exclusively for the 3D metal printing device.

Due to his telekinetic and mental perception abilities, whether the lights were on or off made no difference to his work. However, if the base had sufficient electricity, he naturally preferred a bright working space.

Soon, Wu Hao officially began his work. The first task was to manufacture the shell device for the fusion reactor. The spherical shape of this shell was highly complex, with intricate internal structures and metal pipelines connecting to the outer gate. Inside this metal structure were multiple layers of devices, with the magnetic field device at the core.

In the following week, Wu Hao tirelessly manufactured the reactor, energy conversion units, turbine generator sets, cooling systems, and other related devices from scratch. The number of components required for these devices was extensive, necessitating a significant amount of metal raw materials. Therefore, while manufacturing, Wu Hao had to purchase a large quantity of metal raw materials.

Fortunately, the metal materials Wu Hao chose were not restricted military-grade special metals. He directly placed orders with some large steel mills in China and had them delivered to Chang'an City, the nearest city to his location.

During the evenings, Wu Hao took on the role of a laborer, as these metal masses, although not large in volume, were quite heavy. Thus, Wu Hao could only carry a limited quantity each time.

A few tons of metal steel seemed like a small amount, but in reality, it was quite substantial. Therefore, Wu Hao had to spend several hours every evening transporting the materials.

Some of the purchased metal steel did not meet the requirements for manufacturing certain components, so Wu Hao had to melt them down and add some rare metals to enhance their strength and hardness. Although this only provided a slight improvement and not a significant enhancement, it was sufficient for now. At most, it would slightly reduce the lifespan of the components. However, once Wu Hao had a stable energy supply in his base, developing stronger metal materials would not be a difficult task.

For instance, Wu Hao was already capable of manufacturing the specialized metals currently controlled by various countries. However, mass production would require additional equipment and facilities.

Therefore, Wu Hao's base could only produce small quantities of special alloys, which could only be used for critical components. The key components Wu Hao was currently using were mostly purchased, as he did not possess the capability to manufacture them himself.

After a week's time, Wu Hao completed the construction of the reactor. The remaining tasks involved converting the reactor's energy into mechanical energy and driving the generator to produce electricity.

According to the current progress, Wu Hao estimated that he would need another week to complete these tasks. Moreover, since he was working on a nuclear fusion reactor, the raw materials for the reaction were much more straightforward than before.

This was because the raw materials used in nuclear fusion were deuterium and tritium, isotopes of hydrogen. Deuterium, in particular, is abundant in nature, with the highest concentration found in the world's oceans.

So, for Wu Hao, obtaining the raw materials for nuclear fusion is much simpler than obtaining fission materials. He can acquire them domestically because even if ordinary people manage to buy them, they would be useless.

"You say you want to use them to create **? Well, if you want to detonate **, you would need to manufacture an atomic bomb first."

In fact, many countries abroad have numerous nuclear physics enthusiasts who privately build small-scale fusion reactors in their homes, garages, and other places. However, the reactions they create can only achieve simple light and heat, incapable of releasing significant amounts of energy.

After all, even now, with substantial investments and extensive resources mobilized by countries worldwide, achieving practical fusion energy remains elusive. These private experts, no matter how skilled they are, can only mimic the process.

If they truly possessed this technology, they would have been recruited by their respective countries to assist in the development of fusion energy long ago.

However, once Wu Hao's fusion reactor starts operating normally, he will need a dedicated facility to extract the raw materials. By that time, the quantity of materials he needs will inevitably increase, and solely relying on purchasing or other means will not be practical.

In this way, Wu Hao once again busied himself for six days before finally completing the last step. Although he hadn't officially started the fusion reactor power generation system he designed, he wasn't worried about it malfunctioning after activation because he had thoroughly simulated and experimented with it in his mind.

Throughout the continuous manufacturing process over the past ten days, all the parts and structures were meticulously calculated and confirmed before being assembled.

"I didn't work in vain. Once this fusion reactor starts up, the entire base won't have to worry about electricity anymore. Those noisy diesel generators can be melted down for raw materials." After days of continuous work, Wu Hao was naturally exhausted.

From the initial design to the final completion, it took about a month. The speed of manufacturing was possible thanks to his telekinesis and mental perception abilities.

Without telekinesis to assist him, even with a highly detailed blueprint in his mind and a strong industrial foundation, it would be impossible for Wu Hao to complete a fusion power generation facility in less than half a year or a year.

Processing these components alone is a highly complex and tedious task, and during the final manual assembly, detailed adjustments and debugging are necessary.

Not to mention constructing a high-tech facility like a nuclear fusion reactor, even installing and commissioning equipment such as power lines and other related devices in general engineering projects requires a significant amount of time before they can officially operate.

2