Chapter 76: Health Management Robot
102 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For Wu Hao, creating a health management robot was not a difficult task. Firstly, the materials used for manufacturing this robot were quite ordinary, with an inflatable skin made of resin material.

Internally, it housed a power-driven system and energy batteries, while the main frame was made of carbon fiber material that offered greater hardness and strength compared to regular steel, but with a lighter weight.

Next, it was equipped with an instrument capable of conducting comprehensive scans of various health issues in the human body, along with a main control chip.

In fact, the main control chip was the most technologically advanced component of this health management robot.

It possessed a certain level of intelligence, enabling it to engage in simple communication and conversation with humans. However, this level of intelligent programming is still in the research stage.

Although in recent years, software companies like Microsoft have developed virtual intelligence capable of engaging in simple conversations with humans, these technologies are still not very mature.

Moreover, there are significant issues with the voice system, as the generated speech still sounds quite robotic.

Nevertheless, Wu Hao is fully capable of resolving these minor problems, especially considering his previous experience in developing a similar speech software program.

He only needs to make slight improvements based on that foundation. As for other aspects, they can be easily resolved. After all, Wu Hao doesn't aim to create a genuine artificial intelligence and has no intention of replicating it exactly like the robot in that animated film.

The exaggerated functionalities depicted in the film are purely for dramatic effect. Apart from the original capabilities of the character, "Da Bai," the addition of armors and shells that effortlessly combine like a rubber balloon and exhibit formidable combat abilities is unrealistic!

In reality, Wu Hao could completely transform this health management robot into a different form. However, due to the widespread popularity of the "Da Bai" character and its cute appearance, combined with the availability of numerous toys resembling "Da Bai" in the market, which may lack specific functions but closely resemble the character in the animation, even featuring optional dialogues in some well-made overseas versions.

Since "Da Bai" has gained such fame and Wu Hao has found a perfect excuse to justify his creation, he naturally intends to make it in the same appearance.

However, the robot he is developing is genuinely capable of detecting and alerting individuals about their health conditions.

Thus, Wu Hao quickly immersed himself in the manufacturing process. Firstly, he designed a detailed blueprint in his mind. Given that the robot consisted of only a few critical structures, the design work was completed in less than an hour.

"Alright! Let's start by preparing the components needed for the overall structure. Once those are ready, we can slowly proceed with the intelligent chip." Undoubtedly, the development of the intelligent chip would require the most time, while the rest of the overall structure was relatively simpler.

The required external skin, consisting of an inflatable balloon-like skin and a carbon fiber frame structure, could be completed using the newly manufactured 3D printing equipment.

The fabrication of the skin was relatively simple. After placing the corresponding materials and inputting the blueprint, a preliminary white inflatable skin was completed in no time. The remaining task involved detailed processing during the installation.

On the other hand, the various joint frame structures required for the carbon fiber components needed repeated processing. Unlike other materials, carbon fiber derives its strength from the arrangement of layers of fine carbon fibers in different shapes, which are then heated and fused together to form a complete structure.

It's not as simple as cutting and drilling like with metallic materials. These carbon fiber parts are created through layer-by-layer accumulation and uniform heating.

For example, the exterior shells of current Formula 1 cars and most of their components are made from carbon fiber material.

The production method for these F1 car shells involves creating a mold first, then layering carbon fiber in different structures, repeatedly layering dozens of times. Finally, the structure is sent to a heating device for baking and shaping.

The high cost of carbon fiber components is due to the complex manufacturing process. For instance, if one wants to modify certain parts of a sports car, such as the rearview mirror or the engine hood, simply replacing them with carbon fiber counterparts would be much more expensive than using other materials.

Therefore, carbon fiber, as a new type of material, is indeed the future of the automotive manufacturing industry. However, it is necessary to improve the manufacturing process and reduce costs.

Currently, in terms of technology mastery, Europe, America, and even Japan are relatively more advanced. It must be said that although Japan is an unlikable country, it still holds the lead in certain areas such as electronic machinery and new material processes compared to China.

However, even if Japan produces superior products, Wu Hao has no intention of purchasing them. Moreover, he no longer appreciates the things they boast about.

After completing the carbon fiber frames and components, Wu Hao designed a dedicated battery and corresponding electric motor drive device for it. Wu had all the necessary raw materials for manufacturing, so the process posed no difficulty.

Once all the components of "Da Bai," including the frames, battery, drive system, high-frequency camera, human health scanner, automatic inflation device, internal heating system, and so on, were manufactured and assembled, the final step was to cover it with the skin and perform a series of stitching. This entire process took just one day to complete.

In other words, at this point, all the hardware systems of "Da Bai" were fully assembled, leaving only the software intelligent program to activate these hardware facilities.

"The hardware is not a problem. Tomorrow, I'll start writing a medical intelligent program for it!" Now that the entire body of "Da Bai" has been completed, Wu Hao can take his time with the intelligent program since he still has several days before returning home.

During these days, Wu Hao not only had to develop a comprehensive medical intelligent program but also had to create a "house" for "Da Bai."

Naturally, this "house" would serve as a place for its rest and charging. Wu Hao adopted a wireless charging method that has yet to be widely adopted.

Wireless charging technology has been achieved a few years ago, but it still remains limited to high-tech products with high costs.

If it is to be widely adopted in various electronic products, it will likely take several years or even a decade.

1