Chapter 78: Buying New Year Goods
102 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the following days, Wu Hao provided several instructions to the base's intelligent program, "Zero." These instructions were related to maintaining the daily operations of the base and handling any unexpected situations.

Although the current "Zero" program is only a pseudo-intelligence and has limited capabilities, it is sufficient for handling the base's routine tasks.

Wu Hao also considered creating a true artificial intelligence program. However, true artificial intelligence cannot be developed using current computers. Moreover, once an artificial intelligence program is created, it requires a massive infrastructure to sustain its existence.

Even the most advanced supercomputers in the world today are unable to support its presence. Only quantum-level computers can accommodate a true artificial intelligence.

The field of quantum computing is currently being researched by various countries and institutions worldwide. In recent years, there have been developments in the creation of "quantum computers" by some research institutions.

However, these "quantum computers" are only in name and do not possess the true capabilities of quantum computing. Their computing power is not significant. In contrast, a true quantum computer has computing power many times faster than the world's current fastest computer, the Tianhe-2.

In other words, while it would take "Tianhe-2" hundreds of years to perform a calculation, a quantum computer could complete it in just one second.

One can imagine that once quantum computers are successfully developed, human technology will experience another significant leap forward.

However, there are many challenges to overcome in the creation of a true quantum computer. For example, the materials and processes involved in manufacturing chips need to be solved. If this problem cannot be adequately addressed, the birth of quantum computers will not be possible.

Moreover, manufacturing computer chips involves nanotechnology. Currently, human knowledge in nanotechnology only allows for the production of chips at the 14nm or 7nm level. Perhaps there will be further advancements in the future, but it clearly requires substantial time for accumulation and development.

...

After dealing with matters at the base, Wu Hao flew back to the city during the night, carrying the device that housed Da Bai. He casually found a hotel and stayed overnight, preparing to buy some New Year goods the next day before driving back home.

The next morning, Wu Hao checked out of the hotel and, after having breakfast at a nearby place, went to a market in the city to purchase New Year goods.

As the most important annual festival in China, the Spring Festival sees various provinces and regions filled with a wide variety of New Year goods in the period leading up to the Lunar New Year.

Besides various food and gift items, the most festive items are undoubtedly fireworks and firecrackers. Although it is not allowed to set them off freely in urban areas, Wu Hao is a true rural native, and in the countryside and some small towns, there are no restrictions on fireworks and firecrackers.

Therefore, almost every household buys some fireworks and firecrackers during the New Year, setting them off on the eve of the Lunar New Year to bring good luck for the coming year.

However, in the past, Wu Hao's family was not financially well-off, so they would at most buy some firecrackers and a few fireworks as a symbolic gesture. But for those who earned money doing business outside and returned to their hometown every year, they would usually buy a lot of fireworks and firecrackers to add to the festive atmosphere. Not only would they set them off at their own homes, but during this time of the year, local temples also attracted many people who offered incense and prayed for blessings.

Now that Wu Hao is relatively well-off, he couldn't help but follow the trend. He decided to buy more fireworks this year to bring some joy to his younger sister. Fireworks have a certain appeal to girls, even though many girls are afraid of setting them off themselves, but it's hard to imagine anyone who doesn't enjoy watching the beautiful scene of fireworks blooming in the night sky.

For example, in some TV dramas, the male lead often uses fireworks to create a romantic atmosphere! In the countryside, fireworks are loved by people of all ages.

Naturally, Wu Hao is no exception. In fact, when he was a child, he even played with those cheap firecrackers that cost only one yuan per pack and used them to blow up small fish in the pond! Of course, there were also some mischievous kids who used them to prank others. For example, when someone wasn't paying attention, they would light one and throw it beside them, causing them to startle.

Or there were some daring kids who threw them into the manure pit, and the resulting explosion was simply too spectacular that most people dared not look.

"Young man, do you want to buy fireworks and firecrackers? Come to my stall. I have the best goods here, guaranteed to make a loud bang and bright sparks," as soon as Wu Hao entered the market, the surrounding vendors hurriedly promoted their own products.

After taking a look at the merchandise in this shop, Wu Hao decided to pass by directly because he lost interest in their products after roughly scanning them with his spiritual perception.

"All this talk about not being a dud and having good quality is complete nonsense." Although Wu Hao knew it in his heart, he wouldn't say it out loud. Instead, he moved on to another shop because he sensed that the quality of their products was noticeably better than the previous one.

"Boss, do you have a large stock of fireworks like this in your shop?" The shop owner, a man in his 50s, smiled as he heard Wu Hao's inquiry. "Plenty! The storefront is too small to display a lot, but we have several boxes of inventory in the warehouse behind."

"Alright then, I'll take all the fireworks of this type, and three boxes each of these other varieties!" Wu Hao nodded casually.

"Are you buying so many? Are you here to restock?" The shop owner was momentarily taken aback.

"No, I'm buying them for personal use at home." Wu Hao smiled and continued, "By the way, can you arrange for transportation? These fireworks and firecrackers take up quite a bit of space, and I'll be buying some other items later. My car won't be able to fit all of them."

"Yes, of course! Where do you want them delivered? I'll have my son bring them to you later." The shop owner agreed readily. Wu Hao's purchase amounted to tens of thousands of yuan, essentially depleting their stock of large fireworks and firecrackers. So, he was happy to offer delivery service.

"Thank you so much!" Wu Hao expressed his gratitude and informed the shop owner of his hometown address. Although the shop owner thought the distance was a bit far, considering the substantial amount of the purchase and Wu Hao's willingness to pay, he wasn't the type to be petty.

After Wu Hao paid, the shop owner made a phone call to summon his son to the shop. Within 10 minutes, a long version of a van arrived at the store entrance.

As Wu Hao looked at the young man getting out of the vehicle, he felt a sense of familiarity, and his memories quickly revealed the young man's identity.

And when the young man saw Wu Hao, he seemed hesitant to speak. After a brief moment, he spoke with a mix of realization and uncertainty, "You're Wu Hao, right?"

1