Chapter 7
110 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Don't let her get away! " Kieran shouted out to Kai frantically. Running through the forest at top speeds through the dark. In her mind she knew that the woman was who they were looking for . When she had touched the soil it landed in, there were traces of ash and blood . With her gift, that is what she used to track her down , it was powerful what she had felt that day , magic that she could only dream of . If they let this woman get away it was gonna be bad news. 

Kieran knew that the ones they were fighting earlier were just pawns, the woman she saw standing in the house, she was the real deal. She looked important. Why would they all come for just that one , the way it looked is was as if she didn't know them either. She has to catch her so that they can find out what was going on. Has the dragon race really come back to life. 

____________

Johnoya was running through the bushy green twigs in her hair , slaps to the face by small branches, cuts and scrapes by dried out sticks . The wound to the shoulder hurt really bad and she started slowing down. She decided to take a quick break by a large fig tree , at least that's what she thought it was . Wheezing and breathing hard, her head was tilted upward trying to get as much air as she could, looking at her shoulder that was still bleeding pretty hard hissing and groaning deeply. On top of being in pain she heard not too far away .

"Do you see her! She is still bleeding. Over here!"

Johnoya took off again running with all the strength she had ,only to be knocked down face first into the damp dirt. Coming up for air and letting out a groan because of the pain in her shoulder.

"Gotch you". Kai said and a hard hit to the back of the head with the hilt of his sword.

Johnoya lost conscienceness. 

"Bless our king she is big up close". Kieran said finally coming to the area. "She is as big as you Kai."

"A warrior no doubt, but....... It bothers me that when I tackled her at the house it was like she had no idea we were enemies. How is that possible?"

"I don't know and I don't care, bandage that wound so it stops bleeding, we will not heal her we will keep her at this state untill we get back to the kingdom where we can have her secured better. I will go back to the house and see if I can get something to help us back"

Kieran used her gift to get back to the area quickly by running like before. Once in the open again, the three bodies of her men were the only ones she saw. The woman she had laid out on the table was gone too. 

"What in the heavens" Kieran whispered looking around and using her gift to scan the area. Like an echo locator. However, instead of sound she could sense every living thing within hundreds of miles. The green is connected like vains in the human body, as is the magic in the land it flows through everything and she was know within the 13 Regions as the one with the most powerful connection to this magic .

No results. Brows frowned lips tight. They disappeared. All of them . I can't sense them anywhere. 

A sense of dread filled her vains and she was looking around . How could this be .

She snapped out of it when a small rabbit ran out of the house breathing hard. She tied up the dead bodies of her comrades and muttered a few words "alraahat fi aldaakhil" the bodies disappeared and the after glow of golden light was left. When she had done the scan earlier she saw that there was a stable of some kind a few minutes away she saw they had akan's and regular pulley beast . She took the akan's because they were faster along with the wagon . Once she was back in the yard she used her magic to summon kai and there prisoner along with the other guy that was still alive , she had found him laid out bearly breathing. With a sigh they were on there way back to the kingdom. 

Even though johnoya was knocked out. Mentally she was pretty active.

"My love we will meet again, it may not be in this lifetime, but we will meet again." A beautiful woman with olive skin like hers scales printed into the skin golden eyes was looking back at her, small hands were held onto her face and the cooing of an infant could be heard. Oddly enough the person looked just like her. "My beloved ,you have to wake up, you have to escape".

Taking a deep startled breath opening her eyes , just to close them again because of the sun. Opening her eyes again she realized that her hands were tied together as were her feet . She was in the back of a wagon with two men, one looking like death with the other fairly handsome staring right back at her. 

"She is awake" the handsome one said . At that moment all movement stopped. The sound of someone walking was heard the wagon was pretty tall so only a head of hair was seen. She followed the head of hair coming around the side and then. At that moment.

The Absolute most terrifying thing happened. The handsome fellow helped the tiny person that was only 5" 3" , and had big round brown eyes, long burnet hair, white silky, smooth skin ,an hour glass figure a button nose and full rosey lips attached to an oval face up in the back. Johnoya was used to seeing women on the island of all sizes shapes beauty and quality. But never has she seen anything like what she was looking at. The beautiful woman was looking at her extremely angry. 

"Now that you are awake. I must tell you that you are in the custody of the kingdom of Dalwin, who's ruler is Moltar. My name is Kieran, I am the First Advisor to His Majesty the king and his Mage for this kingdom. You are charge with trespassing in the kingdom's territory illegally. A Monster is what you are. From the moment I saw you, I knew you were the one that landed in the forrest and left that crater , the way you were looking at the woman bleeding out on the ground, shielded her, I assume she was the one that found you. Why are you here? why have you returned to our lands?........ Dragon"

The moment the woman started talking, Johnoya's mind went blank and she didn't hear a thing that was being said. Not even the agonizing pain that had returned to her shoulder from waking up bothered her. Not only was the woman she was looking at absolutely breathtakingly beautiful but her voice sent electrical Pluses through her mind. The melody was heavenly. 

She was brought back when she was impatiently stabbed through the other shoulder.

"Monster, I am speaking to you!" The woman shouted staring angrily at johnoya.

"Ahhh". A deep melody filled scream left her lips that didn't quite sound like pain. "You stabbed through my flesh as if am a dog, someone you have never met and dare call me a monster. As beautiful as you are, your the monster here." 

Surprised that the prisoner spoke , she slowly pulled the knife from the wound . A deep painful groan left the prisoner's lips, soon after the hilt of the knife was used to bring back darkness and johnoya was knocked out again. 

After Kieran when back to put the Akans back in motion Kai spoke up angrily. 

"Why are we bringing this abomination back to our kingdom. Do you know what this is? What this means? The others we fought back in the forrest were low level dragon kin people Kieran. Of the dragon race!!!. These people are to be living at the edge of desert lands far off the 13 Regions." He shouted angrily tears coming to his eyes having remembered the war that took his mother and younger brother. 

"This abomination as you call it, is what landed in the crater. We found what we were looking for . And I will take it back to our king save your energy it's a long way home"

Fear was in Kieran's eyes. 

"Oh heavens help us , what does this mean"

2