Chapter 8
94 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We have to rest , the newbie needs a break ." Kai said angrily. "Kieran........ Advisor!"

"Yes! I heard you we can't  stop in the open. We will stop over there. It looks like a small abandoned den." Kieran sighed. Kai has been up her ass the entire day pouting angrily about leaving the monster alive. 

Once the wagon stop, Kieran removed the beast dragging the wagon and tied them to a small berry tree at the entrance of the den surrounded by giant trees to eat to their hearts content. It was getting dark again, they both helped the newbie down and placed him on the soft moss ground that Kieran had grown inside the den and basically thrown johnoya on the ground face first. Hands and feet still bound . They rolled her to the side and allowed her to lean back on the wall of the small den.  They then left and hunted for something to eat and wood to build a fire 

"I understand how you feel Kai . I was there too. My family is gone too.  I am as angry as you are. But answers is what we need and with this woman we can get them . I just want you to trust me. This journey has been long . Please get some rest we will be home soon." The advisor said staring at the fire they had made using a stick to poke it around. There was dead silence.

"You know advisor , my father watch those monsters burn down cities. Killed millions , women , children, elderly. They have no feelings, no sympathy. All they know is to kill.  Just like they killed your family , my family, our kings family.  Don't let your gaurd down because she is a woman." Kai said turning his back angrily and  closing his eyes to get some rest.

Brows frown the advisor looked at the back of her friend and sighed. Tears coming to her eyes I don't want another war. Kieran said in thought looking at the sleeping woman who looked like she was in pain.

About 200 years ago there was a war between two kingdoms. One that lasted centuries. On one side there were dragons and on the other side human kins. At that time the now 13 Regions were just three kingdoms. 

Kingdom of light, kingdom of knights and the kingdom of dragons.

Direct descendants of fire breathing dragons ruled the  kingdom of dragons and had the ability to transform into the terrible beast. But a major identifier to these royals were their significant magic power. In that kingdom mostly dark kin lived there. It was said to be the most prosperous. Rich in agriculture, raw materials and workmanship. Demon kin, lizard kin, low level dragon kin which are the ones that cannot transform, regular humans, Harpie kin , lion kin, wolf kin. Just to name a few live within this kingdom. However, the demon kins worked with the dragons the closest sometimes were even mated to the Royal dragons as were mages of that time. 

The light kingdom was souly made up of mages and elf kin and gently goat kin, bull kin etc . More calm natured people  and was second in riches. This people , though not  believers of violence were very proud. They loved  their scientific inventions and mages . This kingdom was bounded to the dragon kingdom because the current queen at that time was a commoner from their kingdom.  And as tradition a mage was head/frist advisor of the king of dragons. 

The knight kingdom was a mixture of every kin you can think of because that was were everyone went to make a name for themselves. This Kingdom was nicknamed military country. This  is were all there kingdoms get military backing from. The most powerful is the dragon kingdom , they had almost the entire military country under their control.  

It was said that the son to the king of the  kingdom of dragons forced themselves onto the daughter of the  king for the kingdom of light and had a child that he, the son later killed. That alone started a war  that lasted centuries killed millions of people and caused the  massacre of two kingdoms. It is only now that mages are coming back, as well as  demons, sadly for her as she saw today, dragons.Nobody really knows what started the war ,that was said to be just a cover up and many believed that it was greed and pride that did.

The 13 Regions are the lands used to now identify the two governing kingdoms

The kingdom of Dalwin rules eight of those 13 Regions and is the most prosperous . This is because various kins are within this kingdom and equality is emphasized greatly. These regions supply the kingdom with wine , entertainment,  believe it or not women, art clothing, weapons, food and everything that the kingdom would need to run on a daily for it's people. A minister is  assigned to each regions to govern so that the  supply chain continues to go smoothly. 

The kingdom of Tulan rules the remaining 5 regions and they major in architectural studies and academical advancements medical and machinery as well. The remaining elf kins mostly dominate this kingdom and the goat kins as well  . Sadly this is still a very proud race.

Remembering all of this Kieran sighed heavily. Looking at the unconscious woman. Tomorrow is another day that we can take on this burden.

"Child  now is your chance, you must awake or this will be your death." Deep in a dream johnoya was talking to the woman from before. Trying to speak and nothing coming out. " You must Awake up now!!".  Sitting up quickly and looking around she noticed the remains of a fire and two dark fiqured asleep. Taking deep raggedy breaths.

Johnoya had realized that she was bounded with very thick vines and use her mouth to chew away at the bitter green. Once her hands were out she used them to untie her feet though both shoulders were injured and pained her, she made a run for it in the woods. Breathing hard. Then she realized that all that running and she came back right to the den she ran away from. She tried another time, same thing and then another, same thing. 

"Confusing isn't it?" Kieran asked from behind johnoya. 

She flipped around startled. "Please I didn't do anything, I know you said I was trespassing in you land or whatever, but am not even from this land . I woke up in the forest and turned into this. I don't even know what I am . Please believe me. I mean you no harm."

"Lies! Monster your comrades killed that poor woman even though she helped you , why would I believe what you are saying now." The beautiful woman said.

"Comrades? I don't know who those people were they attacked Almanda and said something about they were there to help but I don't know who they were . Please you have to believe me"

Kieran's eyes were glowing green as were her palms and in a blink of an eye she was before johnoya. She ripped the shirt that was given to her by the family  that help her and even the bandages Kai placed on her. Even  though it was dark you could make out the pink scar flesh on both shoulders of johnoya.  Even she was surprised.

Brows frown, "I am still in pain , what is going on ?"

"It was as I suspected , where your crater was, there was residue that I have never seen anywhere, not even in the kingdom of Tulan and they have broken many rules from the heavens in the name of science. It was as if you are from the heavens. Your kind died out centuries ago. Your Golden eyes are the uprising of a sin"

Kieran reached up and touched the face of johnoya. Staring into her golden eyes. A blinding light was all johnoya saw.

______________________

I am sorry if there are mistakes.

☺️ I hope you like it .

2