Chapter 9
100 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Johnoya woke up the next morning in the back of the wagon . Hands and feet bounded again.

"Could you please stop knocking me out! I already told you I have done nothing wrong!!!"

"Quite you damned monster, you will get the faith destined for you" Kai said angrily vains popping out of his forehead. 

"You know, Keep acting like that and you are gonna be bald by your 30" johnoya said allowing Kieran to laugh out loud. "See,even your bestie agrees with me"

Kai huffed and looked away from the girl and into the green were patches of light from the sun was coming through. In-between two massive trees a figure stood staring at them unmoving. 

"Advisor, look" Kai said calmly,

Looking  were she saw Kai looking while slowing down was a figure that looked exactly like one of the men they fought the night before. In-between every two trees another figure appeared and Kieran was not taking any changes and sped up the Akan's pulling the wagon. 

"They have come for her , we have to make it to the east border we are out numbered!" Kieran shouted looking around. 

"How far will you be able to go mage!"  A man shouted and four figures stepped out in the dirt path up ahead. Kieran pulled the ropes to stop the beast. Kai was already alert and had his sword drown and before they knew it they were completely surrounded. 

"Give us the girl and we will let you go."  A female voice came from the right side of the wagon, a warrior, sporting white robes like a shaman, her appreance where exotic. Her scales blended into the skin  all over her face. Though the skin looked silky smooth, it was as pale as mist. She had  green reptile eyes, white hair and beautiful dark rose lips. Her face beautiful with youth as a freshly born babe . 

"We don't have to fight , we simply wish to retrieve what is ours and be on our way" the woman said . 

"Funny you say that once you had us surrounded" Kai said sword still drawn and looking around. Kieran was looking directly at the woman without fear. 

"I know who you are mage, I know you are powerful, but if you fight me and my men a repeat of what happened at that small house in the green not far away will happen here. You might walk away , but what of your friends." The woman in white said looking at Kai and the newbie. 

Kieran knew she could take all of them at once and eyeing everyone surrounding them , there was no way to fight them all and not risk at least one of her comrades and she had already lost three. Gritting her teeth a feel of dread . Kieran released a breath and told Kai to release the girl. 

"What! What are you doing advisor! You are the strongest mage in our kingdom. I care nothing for my life we have to get the prisoner to our king!!!. Let us fight!" Kai shouted angrily and desperately.

"Shut up and untie her and hand her over!" Kieran shouted. Kai looked at her in disbelief And did what she said . Johnoya was so shocked and afraid of what was happening that she had remained silent from the beginning. Staring at the beautiful woman on the wagon. 

Johnoya noticed that she didn't look at her she had her head down looking at the ropes in her hand with a blank stare. 

"Come child , don't be afraid." The woman said looking at the confused girl. Johnoya noticed the woman's skin looked just like hers with scales ,except for her eyes . "You have scales like me" 

"Yes we do" another said removing the hood from there head smiling at johnoya. 

The woman in white held onto johnoya tight and flipped her over her shoulder and someone walked up to her with a sword in hand . "I apologize your highness."

"Your highness? " Johnoya asked , and the hilt of the sword connected with her temple and she was knocked out again. 

"You will regret taking my prisoner lizard" Kieran said with gritted teeth and hot breath. She was not looking up from her hands . Fist made so tight you could see the white. The woman in white smirked and pulled her hood over her face and said.

"Your not the only mage in this region anymore you let your up bringing fool you and your only chance is slipping away " . A blinding light appeared all around them , Kieran , kai and the newbie shield their eyes and when they removed their hands all the men where gone. 

Kieran had wide eyes. " That was an advanced teleportation spell" . She got up and went in the back of the wagon held onto kai, she turned to the newbie and gave him more healing and said. 

"Take the wagon and come back to the kingdom on your own we will teleport back , you will not be able to handle the magic." The newbie nodded and the blinding light came and went again.

Right in the private Hall of the king where a counsel meeting was being held . the blinding light appeared and Kieran and Kai emerged. When the king, Moltar saw Kieran he immediately told everyone to remove themselves and only Kai's father and the king remained. 

"My king, we must discuss something of the most importance" Kieran said 

"We saw a dragon" Kai blurted out plain and simple. 

Kai's father and the king however did not look surprised at all.

"Father?"

"Your Majesty"

They both said in union

The king signed ,"We are aware , not long after you left for the mission , we received a message from the middle region's minister. In the green right beside the farmers field, a crater appeared in the night like all the others and they have the dragon in custody. The prisoner is expected in the palace this evening. Kieran as mage you are the one I want to question them and report directly to me what you have learned. I know you have questions . Rest, for tonight , we will talk in the morning." 

Kai bend the knee in an angry and fearful voice" farther , my king, what is the  meaning of this , the secrecy of the mission we had , sending the first advisor of all people to investigate suspicious activity. What are you not telling us . Please I know something is happening that you are not telling us "

"Return to your quarters and we will talk tomorrow the king said in a stern voice but calm face." The king turned his back to them and sighed.  Kieran standing beside  the kneeing Kai remembered what the king said before she had left about a war. Sighing she accepted the option to report what happened in the morning.

The king and Kai's father excused themselves from the room. 

"Why do you do that, why do you not want to know what is going on. We lost three men  and left one on the way here by themselves.  What is wrong with you!!!" kai said angrily

Kieran sighed and left without saying a word.

"Aren't you supposed to be the strongest among us why are you drawing in your shell now."

"Kai you Young fool. Our king just told us that this might mean war Without using words" Kieran whispered to herself on her way to her champers worrying not about having to give a detailed report but of someone that was written in stone long before her birth.

2