Ch. 5 – A Worthy Mate
625 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Goblin Clearing

Waking up, Kris felt incredibly drowsy, his head pounding like he'd bashed it on the wall repeatedly. What....what did I do last.... He thought hard to remember. Oh right, I was drinking with that other party, then I went looking for Mibu, and...wait, Mibu!

His eyes shot open, to see that he was facing the wall of the inn. He attempted to push himself up, but his body felt weighed down.

Looking over, he could see this was because his body was, in fact, weighed down. Mibu, laying there in her maid outfit, was sleeping peacefully, her arms wrapped around his body.

As she calmly breathed in and out, Kris felt an overwhelming sense of wanting to safeguard Mibu. We should get armor for her first. Actually, maybe she should just wait here while...no, if I get injured and she's not there to heal me, I'm back to square one...

As he stared at her while thinking over the dilemma, Mibu's eyes bolted open. Quickly retracting her arms, she rolled over and sat on the edge of the bed, looking down. “Sorry, I...” she started before trailing off.

Kris was confused, “I don't think you did anything to apologize for. Actually, I guess I was trying to find you last night, but you weren't here, and I...” I guess I just collapsed on the bed.

Mibu blushed, “Sorry, Misty wanted to take me to the bathhouse to...to wash.”

Kris was confused still, “Isn't that what you normally do at a bathhouse?”

Mibu blushed further, before shaking her head. “Mas-...Kris, I'm going to go buy clothes like you mentioned, if that's alright.”

“Oh, yeah, don't you want breakfast though?” Kris asked.

“I'll just grab some bread on my way there,” Mibu responded, before dashing out the door.

Alright...guess she was pretty excited about...he thought, holding his head as it continued to pound in pain.

After washing his face, Kris walked down to the tavern, ordering some porridge from Frieda. He hurriedly scooped down the porridge before draining a mug of water, glad that his headache was finally subsiding.

Mibu still hadn't returned, so he walked up to John, laying the room key on his desk. “Hey, I'm gonna head over to the guild, but Mibu is out shopping. Can you let her know if she comes here?”

John raised an eyebrow, “I can, but are you just going to have her carry her purchases everywhere?”

Ah, shoot...

Seeing his reaction, John smiled. “Do you wanna keep your room for another night? Or if you wanna stay there a while I can offer you a longer-term rate...”

“Longer-term?”

John nodded, “A lot of guild members will rent out for multiple weeks, if they know they're in town for a while. If you rent like that it's one silver for two weeks. No refunds if you leave early, though.”

Kris did the math quickly in his head. It's a good deal, and we probably won't be going anywhere in the next two weeks... “Alright, you'd make a good salesman if you decide to retire from running an inn,” he said, sliding the key back and pulling out a silver coin.

“Haha, how do you think I afforded this inn?” John laughed, sliding the silver coin into his coinpurse.

Walking over to the guild, Kris decided to look at the Wood-rank requests while waiting for Mibu. Hmm, more ingredient picking, could pick up the boar request again. Wait, ten silvers!? What's this?

The request he was looking at read '10 silver for clearing out a goblin nest. Presume about 5 or 6 goblins.”

Kris closed his eyes. That's a good amount of silver. Should we buy armor and go for it? That's a quarter of my monthly payment in one day, if we get it.

As he was thinking, Mibu walked in, joining him at the request board. “Did you pick one out for us?” she asked with a cheery smile.

Kris pointed to the one he was contemplating, seeing what Mibu thought.

Mibu did a fist pump, “You took care of those two goblins like nothing yesterday, five or six should be no problem, right?”

“Yeah, but I can only cast Scorch three times in quick succession, before I have to wait for my mana to recharge...”

Mibu blinked at him. “Didn't you level up your Fire Magic?”

Kris wasn't sure how to respond. “Yes...”

“So you have more mana now, right?”

Kris now blinked at Mibu, “Ehhhh?”

Going out into the back alley, Kris cast Scorch into the ground. She's right! It's more like a quarter of my mana instead of a third now. So there is some tangible benefit for leveling up. Thinking about what he might not be realizing, he turned to Mibu, “So...my mana goes up when I level up?”

Mibu nodded like it was obvious. “For magic-related levels, yes...”

Kris tapped his chin, “What about health?”

“Health goes up with every level, though more for physical skills” Mibu said, now seeming worried.

Eager to sate his curiosity, Kris continued, “Say, for spells, I only know Scorch. Will I...learn more by leveling up?”

Mibu shook her head, “No, you have to be taught them, or learn through a Goddess Tome.”

Kris nodded along like it was natural. Goddess Tome? That dam goddess didn't explain anything to me! I could have used a tutorial, or at least gotten an instruction manual along with the tome! “Are those the only way to learn a new spell?”

Mibu looked thoughtful, “Well, you can invent your own, but that's pretty hard...” she gave Kris an inquisitive look. “Did...um...did your parents not teach you this stuff growing up?”

Kris shook his head, Of course not, how could they have taught me about magic!? “No, actually they didn't really teach me anything, so if I ever seem like I'm not realizing something obvious, let me know, okay?”

Mibu nodded vigorously, “Of course!”

Kris cried internally. You're still too good for me, Mibu.

After that, they grabbed the goblin clearing request, then went to an armor shop. Luckily, some basic leather armor was only one silver for a set, so they used some of their remaining money to buy one for each of them.

As they walked back, Mibu ran in to put their old clothes in their inn at the room (being very assertive that she should go in alone, for some reason), so Kris used the momentary downtime and opened up his status menu. 'Leather Armor – lv. 0'? That makes sense from everything I've learned so far.

With Mibu returned, they left town on their way to the goblin den.

The goblin den was south of town a ways, the walk their was going to take a couple hours.

After the first thirty minutes, Kris felt like the silence between them was getting awkward. He also noticed Mibu kept stealing glances at him (of course, he had also been stealing glances at her to notice this).

Deciding to try and fill the air, Kris asked, “So, how did you get to know the Healing skill?”

Instantly, a dark expression clouded over Mibu's face, “My mother taught me.”

Why does she seem upset? “Oh, that's...nice.”

Mibu, still looking depressed, nodded, “Yes...she passed it on to me before she died.”

Ah shoot, I didn't mean to get onto something like this! “Oh...I'm sorry for your loss.”

Mibu gave a weak smile, “It's okay...”

I have more questions now, but I don't want to cause her more pain. Let's change the subject...

Deciding to go back to the topics from earlier, he asked, “Can you teach me your Healing spell?” he asked.

Mibu nodded tentatively, “Of course...although it will be a while before I'm level one-hundred.”

Kris was confused, “What does that have to do with it?”

Mibu seemed confused, but then a realization came over her face, “Oh, sorry, you told me you might not know obvious things...you have to be level one-hundred in order to teach someone a spell from that skill.”

Ohhhh, that explains it. Otherwise everyone would have something as good as healing magic.

“Once I'm there, I'll definitely teach you!” Mibu fist pumped, nodding excitedly. “The only other way would be to find a tome for a Healing spell, but those are even more expensive.”

“Of course...” Kris replied, remembering the tome the goddess had dropped on him at the beginning of his isekai adventure. Guess it's not always going to be that easy...

After a while, they deviated off the road into the forest.

“Is the requester in a camp or something?” Kris asked out loud as he batted away branches.

“It was probably a merchant or the town that put up the request,” Mibu explained. “It's most likely leading us directly to the goblin lair.”

Kris stopped dead in his tracks. So we don't have to meet them this time? I wish things wouldn't keep getting changed up and sprung on me. Oh well... Shaking his head, he asked, “Can you smell them Mibu?”

Mibu sniffed, “Yes, I smell three that way,” she pointed.

Kris nodded and crouched down to sneak.

On the way there, they had formulated their plan. Which was mainly to have Kris sneak up and try to Scorch them, and Mibu would keep an eye (and nose) out for the other goblins. And, or course, to heal him if things went south.

Going another minute while sneaking, he came up on a goblin who seemed to be standing guard.

As Kris snuck up from the side, the goblin started sniffing and looking around. Are goblins able to sniff out people like dogkin can? I better not take chances. Quickening the pace, he ran up and cast Scorch before the goblin could react.

The goblin died as Scorch burst a hole through it's chest.

Luckily it didn't cry out, I better be careful I don't get sniffed out. Checking the goblin for loot (of which it had none) he happened upon an idea. Taking the goblin's tattered shirt, he wrapped it around his neck. It smelled awful, but that should mean the goblins would smell it, too, instead of him.

The ploy seemed to work, as the next goblin didn't even react as he snuck up and used Scorch again.

Taking a quick peak at this mana, he was only slightly below three-quarters full, so he estimated he would have three Scorches again here in a moment. After again finding no loot, he moved on.

The next goblin he could not sneak up on, as it was outside a cave entrance, laying back against the wall outside the cave.

Taking off the goblin shirt (and glad to be rid of it), he balled it up and threw it to one side of goblin. Instead of crying out, it walked over and picked it up.

“Yabba?” was all it had time to ask, before Kris Scorch'd it in the face.

“Kris!” he heard whispered behind him. Mibu had snuck up next to him. “Nice job!” she said with a smile, including some tail wagging, before sniffing some more.

“Are there any inside?” Kris asked.

Mibu nodded, “Yes, two more.”

“Okay, watch the entrance and I'll get the last two,” Kris asserted.

Mibu gave a silent fist pump and started scanning the trees.

Entering the cave, he could barely see, as their was hardly any light filtering in from the entrance. Eventually, he saw a faint glow inside. Walking up to it, he realized it was a campfire in the center of a large room in the cave. Or, what remained of a campfire, as it was now only a few burning coals.

On either side, he saw a sleeping goblin, their backs to him. I guess I shouldn't feel bad their asleep. If they were awake, it would just be more 'yabba yabba'. Going up to the first, he was about to cast Scorch, but decided against it, in case it woke up the other. Instead, he took out his dagger, slitting the goblin's throat.

While it did gurgle a bit, the sound wasn't loud enough to stir the other goblin. Not wanting to take chances, though, he quickly snuck over and sliced the throat of the other goblin.

As the second one stopped gurgling, he left out a sigh of relief. I'm worried there's more goblins hiding in the dark, but Mibu said their was only two in here...actually, I should treat Mibu to something nice tonight. Do dogkin have a favorite dish?

As he started to walk out to ask, he heard a 'yabba!' coming from outside.

Mibu! Kris rushed out towards the outside light filter into the tunnel. As he exited, dagger drawn, he saw...Mibu, kneeling on a goblin, dagger stabbed into it's neck.

Mibu looked at him, “Oh, another goblin showed up, but since you were busy in there I just took care of it.”

Kris facepalmed, I'm an idiot, she's not helpless... Shaking his head, he asked, “Do you smell any more?”

Mibu shook her head, “No, and...” she pulled up her status screen, “...the request says it's completed, so there must not be any more in the area.”

Kris pulled it up himself, seeing that was indeed the case. Wait, so the status screen can also just 'know' when there aren't any goblins in a specified area? That's a lot more game-y than just having somebody click your status screen to complete it. “Well, that's handy. I guess we should get going, then?”

Mibu smiled, “Definitely! Did you rank up, too?”

As they started walking, Kris checked his screen. Fire Magic had gone up to 4, Dagger had gone up to 3, and Sneak had gone up two levels to 3.

“Nice! I leveled up my dagger, too,” she said, pointing to hers. Her Healing was also at level 2 after having healed Kris the previous day.

Kris mused, “It's nice we did this without getting hurt, but it'd also be nice to get your Healing up.”

Mibu put her finger to her cheek while thinking, “Hmm, if you're okay with me healing non-party members, I can get experience like that.”

Kris nodded, “Yeah. Actually, we can charge them too, based on my experience,” he shook his head. Thinking further, he happened upon an idea. “Could we just...repeatedly injure me? And you keep healing?”

Mibu grimaced, “Please...don't do that...”

Kris shrugged, “It's not like I want to get stabbed, but if we get your healing up...”

Mibu shook her head. “Healing takes up most of my mana, so we couldn't do it quickly anyway. And I don't want to see you get hurt...”

Kris blushed slightly, but nodded. I appreciate it, but if we need to get your skill up...

When they got back to town, since they were both hungry, they grabbed some meat skewers to chomp on while they headed to the guild.

When they walked up to Corinne and showed the completed request, Kris noticed a glint in her eye. “Nicely done. Monster Log?”

Kris (and Mibu) both showed their Monster log to Corinne, who wrote the contents down before heading to the back.

While they were waiting for her to return, Kris asked, “Is there anything you wanna get tonight? We could get a nice dinner.”

Mibu seemed concerned, “Are you sure? Just because we made a lot-”

Kris held up his hand, “I know, I know, it's just a one time thing to...celebrate, I guess.”

Mibu blushed a bit but nodded. “Okay. Do you wanna get...steaks?”

Before Kris could respond, Corinne returned with ten silver and thirty coppers. “Keep this up and you'll qualify for a promotion soon.”

“How do you get promoted? “ Kris asked.

“When the Guildmaster thinks you're ready, with my recommendation of course, you'll be specially assigned a request from the rank you're trying to be promoted too. Once you turn it in, you'll be promoted to that rank, and can start picking up requests of that rank normally,” she explained.

Kris looked at Mibu, “Are we able to do promotions as a party?”

Corinne smiled, “Don't get ahead of yourself...but yes, generally you can. Sometimes we have people try to cheat the system with someone who isn't ready, but they usually know better than to try and deceive me,” she explained.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to cross her...

After saying goodbye, they exited the guild.

Mibu stuck her index fingers together, “About those steaks...”

Kris nodded, “Yeah, may as well go now, that meat skewer wasn't near enough.”

Mibu's face lit up, grabbing Kris's hand and dragging him along.

After a couple minutes, she stopped outside a specific restaurant. “Here! I saw this place when I was shopping,” she explained excitedly, drooling, and her tail almost doing a helicopter spin.

Kris smiled at Mibu's unrestrained enthusiasm. “Alright, let's do it.”

Walking inside, a tall, stern-looking dogkin man walked up. “Can I...” he stopped as he saw Mibu, and his expression softened, “Sit anywhere you like.”

Mibu dragged him over to a table by the window. As they sat down, a dogkin woman walked over, setting down some crackers, along with a dip.

Kris watched as Mibu immediately grabbed some crackers, stabbing them into the dip and chomping down on them. Seeing how much Mibu seemed to be enjoying it, he grabbed one too. The cracker tasted like any regular cracker, but the dip...It feels like it's pretty close to peanut butter? At least in consistency if not taste.

“Ifs tho goo,” Mibu said, before blushing and swallowing. “Do you like it?”

Kris nodded, “Yeah, I used to eat this as a snack,” he explained grabbing another one.

Mibu seemed surprised, “Really? I didn't expect you to be familiar with dogkin food.”

“I'm not, it's from my...” Kris trailed off. Let's not get into that... “I didn't know it was dogkin food when I had it.”

Mibu nodded, accepting that explanation, before grabbing another one.

After they quickly finished the dish, the dogkin woman came back. Smiling at Mibu, she asked, “Steak, sweety?”

Mibu smiled and nodded.

“For you dear?” she asked, turning to Kris.

“Um...I guess I'll have the steak as well.”

Mibu nodded vigorously as if he had made the correct decision.

The dogkin woman paused for a moment, before continuing, “Do you want it...well cooked?”

Kris raised an eyebrow before realizing, Oh, they did this in my world too, I just rarely had steak... “Uh...can I get it medium?”

The dogkin woman smiled and nodded, before heading to the back with the empty plate.

Realizing something after she left, Kris whispered to Mibu, “Why didn't she ask how you want your steak?”

Mibu seemed confused before realizing, “Oh, they just assumed I would want it rare since I'm dogkin.”

“Can you not eat it if it's well done?”

Mibu grimaced, “I can, but it loses all the flavor! You may as well just eat something cheaper if you're gonna cook it too much.”

While Kris sat there listening to Mibu explain the finer points of dogkin cuisine, he had some introspective thoughts. You know, this isn't really how I imagined my isekai life going... while looking at Mibu excitedly rank different cuts of meat, ...but it's not too bad, I guess.

After a short wait, their steaks came out. Kris thought his looked great, his request for medium being adhered too. Mibu's, on the other hand, looked like it had barely been seared on both sides. Of course, Mibu was ecstatic, happily tearing in with her large canines and ripping off a huge chunk. Kris had to stop himself from staring, cutting off a chunk of his and putting it into his mouth.

Yeah, that's pretty good.

After finishing and paying (and being happily waved goodbye to by the dogkin couple) they started walking back to the inn as dusk was nearing.

Mibu seemed like she wanted to say something, poking her index fingers together like she had earlier.

“Do you want to go somewhere else?” Kris asked.

Mibu nodded, “Do you want to stop by the bathhouse?”

Kris blushed, briefly imagining Mibu in a bath, before it being quickly dispelled by what he assumed the actual reason was. I probably stink.

Nodding, “Yeah, I could use definitely use one...”

Mibu smiled and nodded, “Yeah, we'll smell great!”

“Sorry...” Kris mumbled, as she grabbed his hand and led him to the bathhouse she had been too with Misty the day before.

After paying, they separated into their respective changing rooms.

Kris was glad to see this world had soap. I know normally you're supposed to 'invent' soap and sell it when you get isekai'd, but even if they didn't have it already, I don't remember what the actual recipe is anyways.

After washing himself off, he slipped into the tub. The water was fairly hot, but it felt good on his aching muscles. He felt like he had used them more in the past few days than he had for most of his life.

Well, his previous life.

Closing his eyes, he lost track of time as he soaked, his mind clearing...

Kris jolted upright in a splash, as he realized he'd gotten light-headed and lost track of time. Getting out, he quickly dried off and put his armor back on, heading out to the front to meet up with Mibu.

Looking around, he couldn't seem to find her.

“Are you looking for a dogkin girl?” someone behind him asked.

Kris turned around to see the old lady who was at the desk looking at him. “Yes, actually, did you see her?”

The old lady smiled, “Yes, said asked me to relay a message. 'I wanted to prepare so I went back to the inn.'”

Kris raised an eyebrow, before realizing, Oh, she wants to prepare for tomorrow. Sheesh, I get we celebrated a bit but you don't have to be that gung-ho. He thanked the old lady and headed back to the inn.

By the time he arrived, it was dark out, and the tavern was in full swing. He said hi to John as he walked in, and headed over to Frieda. “Hey, did Mibu stop by and get anything to drink?”

Frieda looked at him, before looking up and thinking “She's that dogkin girl of yours, right? No, I don't think I've seen her tonight.”

Kris nodded, “Okay. Can I get two drinks to take to the room then?” he asked, slapping some coins on the bar.

Frieda smiled and nodded, quickly filling up two mugs for him.

Grabbing them, he headed through the tavern and up to the room.

Opening the door, he said, “I figured you might-” before stopping as he saw what was inside.

Mibu, wearing white lingerie, and only white lingerie, was on all fours on the bed, wagging her butt, and by extension her tail, at him. Her face was bright red.

“Um, sorry, wrong room,” Kris said, before closing the door. Um...am I going crazy? Was that really Mibu? He heard a commotion inside, before the door swung open, a confused Mibu appearing.

“Why did you leave? What's wrong?” she asked, blushing so red she was getting to beet-level.

Kris was also blushing, “Why...” he started, before noticing someone was coming up the stairs. He quickly nudged Mibu inside before closing the door. He then stood frozen, not sure what to do.

As he was, he felt Mibu grab his leather armor. “I did the mating sign. Don't you...don't you want...”

Kris was trying to sort out his thoughts. Calmly putting down the beers on the table, he turned around and looked at Mibu, before having to look away again.

“What's wrong? Do you not like me?” Mibu asked, sounding a bit depressed.

“No, you...look...” Kris trailed off again. “Wait, a mating sign?”

Mibu seemed incredulous. “Yes, I was trying to seduce you. Isn't this what you want?”

Kris was taken aback. “What do you mean? I feel like, well maybe I glanced at you a few times, but I wasn't like, getting handsy with you or anything...”

Mibu looked down, “I know! You said I was cute, so I thought you wanted me for your pack, and yet you've had me for two days and didn't even lay a hand on me, I...” Mibu trailed off. “Wait...is this another thing you don't know the basics about?”

“Um...probably,” Kris replied, since they seemed to be on different wavelengths at the moment.

Mibu sat back down on the bed, holding her hands nervously together. “I know you were talking about my Healing skill when you bought me, but...most people assume you were really wanting a sex slave, and the healing was just a bonus. It's fairly common for adventurers to buy sex slaves, since their life can be dangerous and they want companionship without having a family.”

Kris closed his eyes, processing the explanation. Is that why I bought her? I mean...I guess I can't deny that deep down, I wanted to sleep with her. I did say I wanted a harem, but actually following through with it...

Mibu continued, “I...I was so happy when you took an interest in me. I was worried I might get some mean or abusive master, but you're so pleasant, and I...” she blushed a bit.

Kris looked down and blushed, “I'm just trying to be nice to you...”

Mibu nodded vigorously, “I couldn't have asked for a better master: You're working hard to raise up the ranks of the guild. You bought me armor, treated me to steaks,” she giggled, “and you care more about my well-being than your own. You smelled like a good person when I first met you, but...you...you...” she trailed off, too embarrassed to continue her rambling.

Kris wasn't sure how to respond, too embarrassed by the compliments to say anything.

Mibu eventually continued, “So...So I'm confused why you aren't...” she looked down at herself, “...am I not exciting?”

Kris shook his head, holding his face, “No, that's not it, I just...”

Mibu was starting to get upset, “What's wrong then? I explained it to you, right?”

“Yeah, but that doesn't explain why you were going this far,” Kris replied.

Mibu blushed again, “I...I don't want to be alone again. If you enjoy having sex with me, then you won't sell me back, right?”

Kris was incredulous now, “Wait, why would I sell you back?”

“If you're not satisfied with me...” Mibu blushed.

I don't... Kris shook his head. Wait...why am I so against this? Is it because I'm a virgin? Or because she's a slave? A pretty girl wants to sleep with me but my mind is freezing up because I don't know what to do. I can't get a harem if I don't start somewhere.

He shook his head again, I ran into a few bumps in the road, and lost sight of the goal.

As Mibu looked at him concerned, he asked, “You're really okay with this? What if I get more woman? Once we can afford it, of course.”

Instead of being put off, Mibu nodded vigorously. “Dogkin practice pack polygamy, so as your first mate, I'd help you get more.”

Kris cried internally. No, Mibu, you're too perfect...I don't deserve you. Looking at Mibu, sitting there nervously, he changed his mind, No, I just need to be someone you deserve. Standing up, he walked over and leaned down, giving Mibu a delicate kiss on the lips.

As he leaned away, Mibu blushed with a smile, “So you're accepting me?”

Kris, trying to stay calm, shook his head, and explained, “I think it's better to say you accepted me. I'll try and be and be a mate worthy of you,” he said, causing Mibu to blush further.

“Are we going to do it or not!?” she shouted, partly in embarrassment, tearing off his leather armor. She then lowered his pants, causing his shaft to flick out, already fully erect.

Mibu let out a 'phew'. “I was worried maybe I wasn't exciting enough.”

Kris shook his head. Fumbling with her bra, he eventually got it off, causing Mibu's supple breasts to fall out. Not sure what to do, having never touched boobs before, he decided to delicately squeeze them.

This seemed to be fine, though, as Mibu failed to suppress a cute moan.

Laying on the bed, she stripped off her panties, revealing her wet nether region.

Kris, barely controlling himself, hopped on top of her, trying to stick his shaft in.

“Wait!” Mibu said.

Kris, taken aback, looked up, “Wha...what's wrong!?”

Mibu blushed, “Kiss me again!”

Kris leaned over, kissing her again, as requested.

This time, however, Mibu violently shoved her tongue into his mouth, roughly tangling with Kris's as they sloppily made out.

Kris, not able to bear it any longer, lined up his shaft with her opening and started to push in.

He could feel Mibu tense up as they kissed, but she just wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closely in as he shoved his hips into her.

Once all the way inside, he unlatched himself, panting. “Are...you...okay?”

Mibu nodded. “Go ahead.”

Kris started awkwardly thrusting back and forth, sliding in and out, faster and faster. He felt Mibu shaking in his arms in pleasure, so he hugged her closer.

After a minute, Kris felt himself about to burst. Grabbing her even tighter, he released, pumping multiple times inside her, filling her up with each thrust.

“That was amazing,” was all he could say, laying his head on Mibu's chest.

Mibu smooshed his face into her breasts, smiling, “Me too. I'm so glad you you bought me...”

While Kris mentally wanted to do more, his body had already been exhausted before this. Now, he was barely able to move.

Now lying next to each other, Mibu had decided she was going to hold him tightly as she slept, pressing her still-naked breasts into this chest as she peacefully fell asleep.

Kris looked at the peacefully sleeping Mibu, a satisfied smile on her face. With a newfound resolve, he closed his eyes, drifting to sleep as well.

17