Mind Control
103 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***

Four years later.

The progress of Reynald's magical abilities increased significantly. He was blessed with much mana compared to other children his age. He knew this through summoning the status system that Fuchsia taught him.

[System Order: Status Display]

[Displaying Host Status]

[Name: Reynald Heimrich]

[Level: 10]

[Title: default]

[Class: default]

[Age: 8]

[STR: 0008]

[AGI: 0008]

[VIT: 0014]

[INT: 0031]

[DEX: 0025]

[LUK: 00014]

[Available Point: 0000]

Although Adrian had never lived with a system before, he could easily understand through the books in the city library. He only needed to allocate the available points to several statuses depending on his final destiny; being a knight or a wizard.

Each level-up gives 10 points for status upgrades. However, it is different if Reynald's level increase above 50 is increased to 20 points. Reynald decided to become a wizard after successfully using the manipulation power Lauriel had given him.

"The higher my Intelligence status increases, the more my magic manipulation power will be unrivaled," said Reynald, looking at the blue panel with his status.

"Where's Vale?!"

There was a shout from outside the Heimrich house. Reynald was curious and tried to open the window of his room that directly faced the house's front yard. Seeing the open window made them immediately turn their attention to Reynald.

"You! Where's your father?" snapped one of the five men, four dressed in thugs' clothing, while the other was more neat and formal.

"He's on a mission with Lord Morgan," Fennel said, terrified.

"Shit! We're behind. I'll finish him right away when I see him!" the man snapped again, clucking his tongue as he walked away from the Pierson residence.

From another direction, Fuchsia appeared, carrying a basket filled with vegetables and fruits. The young woman's arrival caught the attention of the four thugs.

"You're Vale's wife, right?" asked one of the burly men.

"Yes. Do you need anything from my husband?" asked Fuchsia. The four men seemed to surround the woman, with the other man standing away as he folded his arms.

"As a guarantee, how about we bring her in so that Vale will pay off the debt?" the man persuaded the man, who was none other than his boss.

"That's a good idea. Take her," ordered the well-dressed man to his men.

"NO!"

"Hey! LET MY MOTHER GO!" shouted Reynald.

None of the men listened to Reynald. Their lascivious faces were clearly displayed as they took Fuchsia away, infuriating Reynald until his anger peaked.

Reynald's eyes stared at the masters of the four thugs. Reynald’s palms were clenched tightly into fists, tightening with an angry glare at the man.

[Manipulation Ability Activated]

[Nature's Whisper]

[Initiate Whisper Creation]

[Creation Completed]

[Command:]

[Listen to what I say!]

Reynald's eyes suddenly flashed red, making the man's subconscious instantly imprinted with Reynald's power of manipulation.

He lowered his hands, standing straight while keeping his head up, looking at Reynald blankly.

[Command:]

[Order them to leave my mother alone!]

"You guys. Let her go!" said the well-dressed man.

"What do you mean? Aren't we going to use her as a guarantee for a debt?" asked one of the thugs.

"I said let her go!" ordered the master of the four thugs, making the thugs obey him.

Their burly hands released their grip on Fuchsia's body, sending her running away, ignoring the vegetables and fruits left behind.

Fuchsia asked Reynald to go in and lock the window of the room. The boy just nodded and did not do Fuchsia's order, as he still wanted to play with them.

[Command:]

[Tell him that you hate them. Those filthy, smelly, pathetic thugs and scum of society!]

"You pathetic, stinking bunch of stupid meat. I shouldn't have hired you to collect Vale's debt!" snapped the well-dressed man.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING?!" snarled one of the thugs.

A fight broke out between the well-dressed man and the thugs, four against one. Reynald, who had been on the second floor of the Heimrich residence, continued to laugh with joy as his manipulation skills worked well.

[Command:]

[Tell them that their strength is nothing compared to your endurance!]

"Your muscles won't give me any pain. Your abilities are like a whore!" said the well-dressed man.

Hearing his harsh words made the four thugs even more furious. They beat their master until the man was completely limp with many wounds on his face. The four thugs walked away and cut off their business with their master.

"Reynald!" called Fuchsia from behind his back.

Reynald turned his body around as he closed the window. He saw the frown on his mother's face. Fuchsia didn't like seeing her son laughing at people's pain.

"That's not a good thing to do. You can't laugh when someone is suffering. Do you understand?" said Fuchsia, advising Reynald in a sulking tone.

"Shouldn't you be prepared anyway?" asked Fuchsia.

Reynald had forgotten something important. Today, he would enter the magic academy after passing the entry exam. The opening ceremony was scheduled for 10 a.m., but it was already 9 a.m., and Reynald hadn't prepared anything.

Fuchsia smiled again, squatting before Reynald as her right hand gently stroked her son's hair. A successor to a noble family was required to enter one of the academies, either the military or the magic academy.

"I know that you're already smarter than other children your age. You've made Mom and Dad proud, but you still have to go to the academy," Fuchsia said.

"Not just about magic and stuff, but as a form of honor for a noble family to send their children to the academy," she continued, smiling until Reynald fell in love with his mother's beauty and smile.

"Remember, even though we are a noble family, we should never behave arrogantly towards civilians, nor should we argue with nobles with a higher status," she continued.

Besides passing the entry exam, the main requirement to enter the magic academy is to live in the student dormitory. Reynald will live in the student's dormitory until he graduates. Most students take 4-5 years to graduate from the magic academy, unlike the military academy, which is only 3 years.

"I'm sure you'll be a good boy there," Fuchsia said, her eyes teary as she let Reynald study.

It wasn't just Reynald leaving, but Vale wasn't here to accompany Reynald to the academy. The man had to leave on the orders of Noble Morgan to go on a mission.

"Will you be able to care for yourself while Father and I are gone?" asked Reynald.

Fuchsia smiled again with tears in her eyes. Her right hand wiped away the tears that fell down her rosy cheeks. She didn't want to worry Reynald while at the academy.

"I'll be fine. I'll visit you often," Fuchsia replied, hugging Reynald's body tightly, which the boy reciprocated.

"You'd better go take a bath. I'll prepare some clothes for you."

Reynald complied without arguing. The two left after everything was ready exactly fifteen minutes before 10 o'clock. The distance between the Heimrich residence and the Magic Academy's location meant neither had to worry about being late.

The mother and son left on foot, passing through the main street filled with luxurious horse-drawn carriages belonging to the high nobility. Reynald was sure the carriage carried the nobleman's child to the academy.

Not a single shred of envy grew in Reynald's heart at the wealth of other nobles. Vale and Fuchsia had already explained Heimrich's status among the nobles in the Athalaris Kingdom, so he was easily grateful for everything.

Sure enough, the students got off the carriage one by one, accompanied by their parents. However, it was different for Reynald, who arrived on foot and was only accompanied by Fuchsia.

"It's Heimrich," whispered a child from the other side of the carriage.

"This is the first time I've seen a Heimrich send their child to the Magic Academy."

"That's so pathetic. He won't last here, not even for a year."

Painful words came from the mouths of the other nobles. They were more comfortable insulting Heimrich than the commoners because they thought it safer. Fuchsia was used to scorn, so she didn't care much about it.

"Alright. I can only take you to this place," Fuchsia said.

"Take good care of yourself, Reynald. Don't forget-"

"Hey, petty noble. Bring my bag to the dormitory!" interrupted a blond boy with a lot of luggage.

"Let me just-"

"No, mom. Let me carry his things," Reynald interrupted, not wanting to see his mother lower her honor just to fulfill the arrogant boy's wish.

"But you have quite a lot of luggage. Are you sure you can do it?" asked Fuchsia. Reynald smiled.

"Don't worry. My body is as strong as Dad, Mom," said Fennel.

Eventually, all the parents began to leave the Academy, Fuchsia being the last to leave. Now, Reynald stood face-to-face with the arrogant blonde-haired boy ordering him around.

"What a pathetic look. You should have just entered the military academy instead of-"

[Manipulation Ability Activated]

[Nature's Whisper]

[Initiate Whisper Creation]

[Creation Completed]

[Command:]

[Listen to what I say!]

Reynald's eyes flashed red, making the child in front of him instantly obey with a blank stare. Reynald's power of manipulation was working. He would not be tricked easily by these people.

[Command:]

[You will bring your own things to the dormitory]

His head was seen nodding slowly. Every order that came out of Reynald was immediately obeyed by him, like being hypnotized. Reynald had an idea to make the student welcome ceremony more lively.

[Command:]

[I want you to dance like an idiot shirtless. I want you to sing the Athalaris Kingdom anthem during the head of the Academy's speech!]

[Now go!]

The blonde boy nodded, carrying his luggage with his eyes back to normal. Not even remembering to tell Reynald to carry his luggage, he casually entered the academy.

"Alright. The show shall begin soon."

Without realizing it, Reynald was being watched from afar by a woman. She realized something wrong with Reynald, especially when she saw his eyes turn red while talking to the blonde boy.

"What is he really trying to do?"

1