Chapter 4
93 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I take a deep breath and get inside the carriage. Today is the day when I meet my fiance and see her family. To be honest, I'm a little bit nervous. I know I should not feel like this, but I cannot contain my nervousness.

Because of the distance between our two territories, my father and future father-in-law decided to compromise and meet in my territory. It is to let both of us know our territory and how bad it is.

From the rumor and a quick scout, that area is not really good and even bad. I don't know how bad it will be, but I hope it was not really bad. I have had an agriculture master's degree in the past, but there is a limit to its usefulness if the area does not agree with me.

"Charles"

Charles, the driver, looks back at me and says,

"What is it, young master?"

"How long will it take to get to my territory?"

"It should be around two days to arrive inside your new territory and another one day to arrive in the capital city of your territory."

"Three days, huh? That is a long time."

To the people of this world, three days are not much as they already get used to traveling long distances in that long amount of time. However, it is too long for me, who lived in the modern time.

"Hahahaha! You don't need to worry, young master. I will make sure you sleep inside an inn rather than camping. We have already created an optimal road for this journey."

"That is not what I mean."

I say that in a low voice and release a sigh.

This will be the most painful day of my life. I once went to Japan from France, and boy, was it the most boring journey I have ever been on, and that was only thirteen hours long flight. Here I need to wait for three days without anything to do! Fuck!

~Three days and seven hours later~

"Young master. We have arrived."

"Finally."

I was right. That was the most painful journey. I will never get used to the carriage ride. I prefer horse riding over carriage rides.

I quickly leave the carriages and look at the mansion in front of me. I can only frown at the sight before me. The mansion is huge, but I can see cracks in the building. I don't think it will last for a month, and I am unsure if it is safe to stay there.

"Charles, are you sure this is the place?"

"Sadly, it is, young master. We are lucky that we brought some mages with us."

I look back and see three people wearing robes walk forward. I take a step back and see them raise their wand. I see their wand glow, and I can see a couple of trees near the mansion fall and then disintegrate into dust.

I blink for a second when I see the dust fly at the building. I can see two massive boulders fly past me, disintegrate, and melt into the building. After ten minutes, the building is good as new.

"Woah"

"This is the power of the Construction Mage, young master. They are a Neutral Guild of mages that help noble or rich merchants build their house and castle quickly."

Oh, this is the first time I have heard about them. I know there are mages that learn magic that lets them construct castles and houses in a couple of minutes, but I never know about the guild that only lets Construction Mages join.

I snap from my thoughts when one of the mages walks toward me.

"We are done here. We will go now."

I nod and smile at them.

"Yes. Thank you for helping me."

"Think nothing of it. Your father paid us, and we provided our service. Please call us if you need something to build, Lord Verlon. Good luck."

After saying that, the three of them walk toward their horse and ride away from this territory.

"How much does father pay for them?"

"Twenty White Gold Coins."

"That much?"

The currency of this world is divided into four: Copper Coin, Silver Coin, Gold Coin, and White Coin. 1 White Gold Coin = 10 Gold Coins, 1 Gold Coin = 10 Silver Coins, and 1 Silver Coin = 10 Copper Coins.

You can buy a piece of land with 10 White Gold coins and grant the title of Baronet, the lowest rank in nobility just under Baron. While you cannot buy a higher title than a Baronet, you can use the rest of the money to start a good life in your territory.

"Sadly, they have the most sought after job, and the one Lord Gurkan hired is one of the best. The three of them offer a guarantee that this mansion will last for another sixty years even if you did not take care of it."

Sixty years, huh? That is quite a long time for a guarantee.

"You said that they are the most sought-after jobs, right? How can my father hire them with a single letter?"

"Hahahaha! You might not know this, young master, but Lord Gurkan is a famous lord, you know? He is a great general, and he has many friends in that guild who owe him quite a lot."

"Ah, connection."

"That's right and the payment also helps. Your father is a quite generous lord, after all."

I nod at his answer.

"Anyway, I think we should get inside. My fiance should arrive tomorrow, right?"

"That's right."

"Let's get all the items from home inside and prepare to welcome them."

"Yes, young master! Come on! We need to get to work!"

I feel bad for the servant we bring as they quickly need to get to work after getting here. I think I will give them a bonus later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Elizabeth Vermillion POV|

I look at the land my soon-to-be husband rules over and frowns. The place is barren. Completely opposite of the Gurkan's territory.

I'm sorry for him for getting involved in my mess. Now I understand why he starts as a cold partner in the game. He is an heir to a rich family and is now reduced to this state.

"Those bastards…"

I look to the side and see my mother and father frown like me when they see the land.

"Father?"

"Those bastards! I will kill them! I will kill them for sure!"

"Father! Calm down!"

"How can I calm down?! They decide to mock us even more by sending you to this place!"

"I know! However, being mad will not solve the problem."

My mother puts her hand on his shoulder and says.

"Eli is right, dear. You need to calm down and take a deep breath. There is nothing we can do at the moment. We can only swallow this humiliation and think of revenge."

I shudder a little when I feel the cold feeling coming from my mother. My mother, Charlotte Vermillion, is a beautiful woman with long, straight black hair flowing into her waist. Her red eyes shine with unknown power, but what makes her special is a villainess expression. An expression that looks like she is scheming something, and that is her default expression.

I want to defend her, saying she is kind on the inside but has a dark personality. She is kind to her family and ally but can be petty and cruel to her enemy.

I got my beauty and expression from her, sadly.

"Tch. Very well. Lucky for us, we bring a lot of personnel to help rebuild this place."

That's right. While I did not get a blessing like in the game, I have something even more fantastic. I got a blessing called [Pocket Farming Dimension]. This blessing gives me a pocket dimension that lets me farm and raise farm animals like chickens, ducks, goats, cows, and fish.

What makes matters even greater is not the only thing that appears with my blessing. This is what many call a package blessing. There are three characters in the game, and from what my father told me, twelve people in the kingdom have the same situation as me.

Anyway, my blessing comes with a system that many LitRPG novels I read in the past.

I mentally call my system.

=||=

Name: Elizabeth Vermillion

Age: 18

Race: Human

Harvest Points: 500

===

[Skill]

[Shop]

=||=

It is simple and not like the OP MC LitRPG kind of system. It did not show me anything other than my race, age, name, and Harvest Points. Harvest Points is the currency of my power that lets me buy something from the [Shop].

I have checked the [Shop], and sadly all of them are farming-related. There is nothing that will help me fight the monster that will soon be coming.

The only thing I can do is support Terrion and ensure this place prospers. I will leave the fighting to him. In the game, Terrion starts as an average character. However, the longer you play, the more powerful he will become.

He will grow in stats for each battle, and each time you recruit men for his unit, they will grow with him.

In the game, stats can be grown up to SSS from F. Terrion will start with D all across the board, and he is the only person in the DLC who can reach SSS in all stats. It will be hard, but he can reach that.

I will ensure he grows to his fullest. Not only for me but also for the world because the Bad End of the DLC is even more grim than the main timeline.

"We are here."

I snap from my thoughts when I hear my father say that. When the carriage stopped, I left the carriage. As I step out of the carriage, I can see a young man standing in front of the mansion. This man is Terrion, my future husband.

"Welcome to the Verlon Mansion."

If you want to support me and read more, you can go to my Patreon! Don't worry. You are charged on the day you join my membership and then monthly on that same date. For example, if you join on the 10th, you'll be charged on that day and then monthly on the 10th.

2