Chapter 5
240 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Boom!

My attack landed cleanly on the masked guy's face...

*Thud!*

Cracking the Mask and then making him fall to the floor in the process.

"Ha! How'd you like that!?" I said with full excitement in my tone...

But I did not celebrate cause I know that it was not over yet, and... that I gotta finish the job.

So, with that thought in mind, when the guy fell on the ground, looking pretty stunned, I immediately got on his top, pressing him down with my weight.

"HUP!"

I raised my guitar once more, then...

*Swooosh~*

*Boom!*

This time, my guitar shattered upon impact... but that's not the only thing that shattered cause the mask on the guy's face completely shattered too, revealing an ugly bastard behind it.

"Tsk! What a fragile guitar."

But no worries since I have a backup plan for this situation.

*Dangle~*

I threw the guitar off the sides then grab the dangling steel mugs beside my backpack... I then equipped it on my hands, using it like some sort of brass knuckles.

"Now, to show my creativity..."

I sit on the top of my target, who for some reason, still has a fully intact face after all I've done.

I just don't get this world. Any normal human would have a pretty messed up face by now after getting hit by a guitar in the face. Or at least dripping blood from a broken nose.

Well, I guess that's the power of the masks for you.

Anyways...

"HUP!"

I started blasting...

_______________________________________________________________

It's been a while now since I went nuts on this guy. The aftermath of it, is me standing in front of a bloody dead body.

The dead body of the masked guy of course... well not anymore I guess. No mask, and not even a face. Well, he's an ugly bastard anyway so not that it matters.

"Ha~ Ha~ Ha~"

And then, there's me, completely out of breath.

Oh well, to say that excitement got ahead of me was an understatement. Cause even though the mugs on my hand were completely flattened already, and the Guy that I was pummeling was already dead, I kept going on still.

Oh no. If you thought that it was me, no. I was not the one who killed him.

It was he who killed himself. In short, a suicide.

At first, he showed some sign of struggling, but then mid-way pummeling, he bit off his tongue for some reason. Drowning himself with his own blood.

Now that I think about it, my plan makes kinda sense now.

Actually, at first, I don't know any of this cause I forgot many things about this world already. But still, for some reason, I had an urge deep within me that keeps telling me to hit and break the mask on these guy's faces.

Now I remember.

Now I know why I would want to break this guy's mask.

It's to invoke the suicide command in them. A command that would ensue if the mask that they're wearing, breaks. Or be taken off.

"... Ha~ Haaaa~." I took one large breath to calm myself down.

I then look at the dead body in front of me.

"Killing is overrated,"

Back then, people said that when you kill for the first time, you get traumatized for it. Now that I did it... I feel no such thing.

Obviously, I was not the one who killed the guy in front of me but... I was for sure the reason behind it.

It's like pushing a man off the building. Sure, you're not the guy who killed him, but it's not like you can blame gravity for that right? In the end, it's all you. What you did is no different from a direct murder.

But still, even with those facts, I felt nothing.

Is it because I'm a psychopath or something? I'm not entirely sure, but that doesn't matter since right now, that's a good thing.

Being depressed wouldn't help me in my current situation. Finding that killing for me is no issue at all is good. Not that I'm saying that killing is good but... whatever.

In this world, it's to kill or be killed. Proper and Good conduct can go f*ck itself.

_________________________________________________________________________

After all my shenanigans, I fixed my crumpled clothes and goes to a nearby bathroom to freshen myself up a bit, then... Only then, I decided to continue my endeavor of going up to the rooftop.

Oh yeah, I decided to not take the Mask Guy's sledgehammer.

Well, indeed it's a good weapon, and probably much better than the ones I have right now, but... when I gave it a go for the first time, I immediately said no. Just no.

Why? Cause it's too f*cking heavy. I almost break my back just by swinging it once, not to mention wielding it.

But no worries though. I'm not an idiot.

After finding out that the sledgehammer was useless to me, I immediately yeeted it out of the building. Threw it in a nearby opened window.

Making it unusable for everybody.

Cause as a wise man once said... If I can't have it, no one else can.

So now, after all that, just as planned, I made my way towards the rooftop.

"... Haa~ finally."

It did not take me that long to finally see the door leading outside.

"Here I go."

Not gonna lie, I'm feeling pretty excited. Can't help myself to be not. So after walking towards the door, I immediately grab the handle and swing it wide open with no hesitation at all.

Completely forgetting the true nature of this world.

"Huh?"

So, as if the world itself moved, punishing me for letting my guard down even for a second, and making me realize just how unfair this world is, someone was sent to greet me upon opening the door.

Currently, the sun was at its peak, but weirdly enough, I met no light...

It's not rocket science. I immediately understand the cause of it. It's cause there's someone standing in front of me blocking it.

Who?

Well, do I even need to spell it?

!!!

"Sh*t!"

A f*cking Masked Guy. And obviously, a smiling one.

*Swoosh~*

So, upon realizing my situation, all the alarms in my head went off.

As fast as it allows me to, one of my arms immediately reached out for the screwdriver in the pockets of my jacket, then my other arm for the gun at the side of my bag.

My legs? It immediately bent down, tried gathering momentum in order for me to jump away as soon as possible, and create space.

I didn't even have to try. My body moved on its own before my mind could even give the go signals. The instinct of my body is just that impressive.

But obviously, a frontal confrontation against these Mask beings without any solid plan is nothing but foolish thoughts.

I'm completely aware of that.

That's why I'm not even surprised that before my body could even do what it was planning to do...

"Ughk!"

A blade passed through my neck already...

*Thud!*

And without any delay, my head was decapitated, making it fall back to the stairs, bouncing down like some kind of ball.

Then my body... was showered with my own blood. Convulsing non-stop as it did not comprehend what happened to its head yet.

In short, as anticlimactic as it is, I f*cking died.

___________________________________________________________________________

14