Chapter 13
186 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the canon, the escape from school event is supposed to be one of the most intense scenes in the entire show.

From the moment the gang decided to get out of the faculty room to them getting onto the bus, there was literally no time to breathe until they finally got out of the school. Everything and every scene, if seen in a more realistic manner, is truly butt-clenching.

Now, given such a scenario, one could surely understand my nervousness while I'm literally in the middle of trying to go through that very same event.

The beginning of the infection, me going to the nurse's office, fighting zombies in the nurse's office, going to the faculty office, all those events are nothing compared to the current one. In fact, I rather have ten of those than go through this one.

Well, why wouldn't I be? In the later part of this whole scenario, in order to reach the bus, we have to run across the parking lot while getting swarmed by zombies in every possible direction.

Now, if I messed up at that moment and got any of us bitten, then everything is fucked... Well, as long as Shizuka sensei and I survived, or the one who only died is Takashi, then I guess it is still fine. But if any of the main characters died here, then dealing with the rest would be such a pain in the ass given how well-connected they are to each other. That's why I would rather have all of them intact than not. At least for now, that is.

In any case, to summarize it all, I am pretty anxious about this escape cause it is dangerous as fuck.

Or at least that's how it is supposed to be... cause for some reason, literally at this moment, we just arrived here at our goal.

The bus, the thing that is going to help us escape this place, is literally right here in front of us. But for some reason, even though we are right here already, we are not getting chased or swarmed by any zombies right now.

Well, there are still many zombies here, that's for sure, but almost all of them are all the way there, at the spot where I threw the bottle. Distracted.

Now, about the reason for this... as to how this happened. Well, one thing is for sure.

If someone like me is here, a guy with outside knowledge, they will surely question our number cause, the group of students that was originally saved in the canon by MC and co, weirdly enough, are currently nowhere to be found.

Well, it's true that in the canon, they did not make it to the bus and got eaten upon the escape, but no one is getting eaten right now. Other than us, the parking lot is filled with nothing but roaming zombies.

To make the long story short, my overall actions so far seemed to have progressed the story too early or too late cause we never met such a group on our way here. And since that is the case, everything went smoothly cause no one is there to fuck up while we are in the middle of our escape.

About how we did our escape, well, it's really not that complicated. Just as planned, we just kept making noises in the opposite direction by throwing stuff there, luring the zombies out of our way. After that, since there were no more obstacles to go through, we literally just strolled towards the bus.

That easy.

*Broom!*

Now here we finally are, inside the bus, engine roaring and doors closing. The zombies were attracted by the bus but it doesn't really matter. We are ready to literally take off any moment now...

"This is different from my car~!"

As long as Shizuka sensei learned how to drive this thing that is... which I know she is, as shown in the anime. But as much as possible, I would want to get out of this place fast.

"HEY!"

"HELP!"

"WAIT FOR US!"

Cause looking back at the school, I see a group of rowdy students running in our direction, attracting more zombies as they do cause of their shouting.

Now, that very group, I don't plan to have them here. My reason for it... Well, if I remember it right, there are some assholes in that group and Rei hates the teacher who's currently with them. Personally, I don't have a grudge against them but we are literally better off without these guys. Besides, we need this bus, and leaving people in the middle of the street later on is such a pain in the ass, so... sorry not sorry.

"We can go now~!"

"Wait just a little longer!"

Obviously though, Takashi, playing the little hero of justice, has such a brilliant idea of halting our leave and wait for those guys. So brilliant it started sounding so stupid.

But in any case, no matter how brilliant his idea is, we are not on the same page. Which is so unfortunate for him.

That's why before he can even open the door of the bus, to "help" them, I immediately locked the doors, which is pretty easy to do given that I'm also sitting at the front, beside Shizuka sensei.

"... What are you doing Hiro! Open the doors, we need to help them!"

"Look around you. Does any of us look any interested in helping them?"

"What?"

After hearing that, Takashi started looking at everyone's faces. Well, it seems that he's not that dense cause it only took him one quick glance at everyone's face to know what I meant.

"What's wrong with you guys? We need to-"

"Well, If you are so adamant about helping them, then go ahead, go outside, help them." As I said that, I immediately unlocked the doors, and Takashi... full of determination, without even a hint of hesitation, immediately made a move.

But, well, I am not done talking...

"Sensei, the moment he steps outside, please stomp on the gas."

Now I'm done. And with that, Takashi, for some reason, even though he's so adamant about it, stopped what he was about to do.

"Why'd you stop? Not want to help anymore?"

Upon my provocation, I was met with nothing but Takashi's frowning face. I did not even get his reply.

"That's what I thought."

But that expression is already enough of an answer for me.

"... Now sensei, let's leave this place."

"We're off now!"

After that, nothing stopped us anymore as the engine of our bus started roaring as Sensei stepped on the gas. Immediately after that, the bus we are in, started zooming towards the gate, ramming every zombie in the way.

"Pfft~"

Also, while looking at the group that was running toward us, I can't help myself but laugh so hard as their faces quickly crumpled the moment our bus started moving. It was so expressive that even though there was quite a distance between us, it was as clear as the sky in my eyes.

"Serves you right."

Though it seems that I'm not the only one having fun right now since Rei has a pretty interesting expression while looking at the group we left behind.

Gotta ask her about that later.

In any case, Takashi still looked like he ate some sh*t cause he still looks pretty salty but it's fine, no one seems to give a sh*t about him for the moment. Besides...

*Boom!*

We literally just rammed into the gate of the school and is now officially out. Even if he wants to, there's really nothing he can do anymore.

Cause at this point, I am already pretty stressed due to me working hard enough to make the most perfect scenario for us. It literally cannot get any better than this.

Now if he does something so stupid and ruins all my hard work, I think I won't be able to spare him any of my patience. Not anymore.

I've been patient enough.

That's why I hope he stays put and be a good boy... because if he doesn't.

I'll gladly do it for him.

13