Day1f Food
2.2k 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I must apologize that there will be some waste of food/drink near the end of the chapter so please don't be too offended and be rest assured that I will not write scenes where things like that happen intentionally or without being treated seriously enough.

After a short walk everyone stops.

"Right Nina come with me to get food for you three and Becky keep him company while we're gone." your hand is released and you hear two steps moving away, door is opened and your shoulders grabbed and you're lead inside to a what feels like table

"Here." she pulls out a chair for you and makes you sit on it and then sits down next to you.

"Don't worry they'll be back with the food soon." she takes your hand, holds it between hers and gently rubs the top of your hand in order to presumably comfort you and make you relax. (Seems like Nina didn't really change how she sees me just made her act on it a bit differently. I guess I'll just act calm and cool and she might someday realize I don't need to hear words like that. Going all "You're wrong, just because I'm hungry doesn't mean I don't have any patience so your reassurance is pointless." for one wouldn't be very nice but I also doubt it'd have the intended effect.)

"You know you were great earlier and I'm sorry if I've made you feel bad, I didn't mean to do that and I hope you can forgive me. "

"It's fine, don't worry about it." (Of course I'll forgive her for... being too worried about me?)

"Thank you, it's important to get along but I'm still new at this and I might not notice everything so how about this, you'll help me by letting me know right away if there is something that's making you feel unhappy while I'll try my best to figure things out by myself, does that sound okay to you?" (Right, so she sees the issue as needing to know if anything is wrong with me and me not wanting her to constantly ask about everything that could be wrong, so yeah telling her if I'm unhappy should be fine and I'd have maybe done that anyway.)

"Yeah."

"And can you promise me that you'll really tell me if there's anything making you unhappy."

"Yeah, I promise." (There's no real reason not to do so but having to promise that feels weird.)

"Great, it's important, make sure you don't forget about it!"

"I guess I'll try not to" (or something. Doesn't actually seem that important to me.)

For a while she says nothing and just rubs your hand but then your stomach grumbles again. (I'm actually starting to feel super hungry but knowing that Anna probably isn't thanks to my "sacrifice" makes me happy.)

"I'm sorry I didn't realize you were getting hungry earlier." (How the heck is someone supposed to just know if another person is hungry or not? I guess if you knew roughly when and what someone has eaten and done then I suppose it'd be doable but still.)

"Don't worry about it, you couldn't have known I didn't eat much for breakfast."

"You shouldn't do that! … I mean not eat a proper breakfast but still I didn't even consider if you were hungry or not which I should have done. Oh, but don't worry I'll make sure to keep it in mind from now on!" (Thanks I guess, she seems to be taking everything about my well being very seriously despite seeming kind of unused to doing so, it's not exactly a bad feeling but even if she's doing it all on her own I feel a bit bad about making her worry so much about me.)

A door opens "We're back."

"Good, he's starving so I'll start feeding him right away." (Good, or wait, by feeding does she mean I'll be spoon-fed or something, I guess I can't see anything so it makes sense but hadn't realized it'd be an issue, not sure how I feel about it. It's embarrassing but since it can't be helped it's not so bad.) Your hand is released and Becky stands up.

Sounds of people and objects moving around play out.

"Is lasagna ok?"

"Yeah." (Great I love lasagna.) Some things are placed on the table near you and Becky is again sitting next to you.

"Here it comes, open wide!" You open your mouth and are rewarded with a spoonful of lasagna, it tastes great, you soon swallow it down.

"Good, here comes another." (This will be kind of slow with her needing to wait until my mouth is empty and then announcing incoming spoons.) Again you open your mouth and after swallowing you open it back up without waiting for Becky to say anything.

"Oh, nice! This should work nicely now, you're so smart!" You continue to be fed with Becky appreciatively making some pleasant mm and hnn sounds after successfully delivered spoon loads.

Based on sounds you hear seems like Nina and Ruth are starting to settle down, Nina sits on your other side while Ruth across the table.

While waiting for a another spoonful with your mouth open Ruth says "You should let Nina do some of that so she gets used to doing it."

"Oh, alright, here." (Should I close my mouth? Nah, they'll probably switch faster if I don't.)

"Right, thanks." You hear something, presumably the lasagna, being slid closer to Nina.

As Nina leans closer you keep your mouth open and can smell the spoonful of lasagna in front of you but the spoon doesn't enter. (What is she waiting for? Is she trying to tease me or what?)

"Say aaah!" (I already have my mouth open so what's the point? But fine.)

"Aaah." The spoon unloads it's contents and you swallow. (Should I just keep my mouth closed now? No, if she wants to hear aaahs then fine.)

In quiet and monotone voice you go "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa." You almost think she won't deliver but in the end she does without saying anything. (Hah, I won! This might be me being a bit silly but whatever.)

"So how did it go, were you able to do everything properly?"

"Yeah, I had Nina keep him company while I took care of the rest and everything went smoothly."

"Aaaaa."

"That's good to hear."

"Aaaaa."

"He did pretty well I'd say, I don't think he will do too badly tomorrow." (So tomorrow will include some sort of moving around also seems like she can be pretty calm and professional when dealing with other people.)

"I see."

"Aaaaa."

"Speaking of Jodi how many non-academy students came to her class?" (Non-academy students? What does that mean?)

"17 were registered but only 14 showed up."

"Aaaaa."

"Good, more than we expected. 52 should come back tomorrow so you should get his things ready before you leave today."

"Ah. I-I'll do that." (I'm 53 so is 52 another student who came before me? But what does him coming back mean? Did he go somewhere?)

"A-" "You can stop saying aa now. How about some bread?" (I guess that went on for long enough.) You nod and she brings a bread to your mouth so you chomp a piece out of it and start chewing, after you swallow your lips are poked with the bread and you take another bite out of it.

Seems like Ruth and Becky are done talking, Ruth sounds to be eating while Becky put one of her hands over your exposed knee and started gently rubbing it just like she did with your hand previously.

After Nina's fingers push the last piece of bread into your mouth she asks, "Want another bread or more lasagna?"

"More lasagna."

"Alright, here it comes."

"Here, you should give him some salad too."

"I'll do it!"

Becky and Nina then alternate between feeding you lasagna and salad while Ruth doesn't sound like she's doing anything. (I wonder what does this situation look like to Ruth.)

After a while Ruth stands up "I'll be going then, good luck 53, I'm sure you'll do well here." (Huh, maybe she's nicer than I first thought.)

Soon after both lasagna and the salad deliveries stop.

"Still hungry?" You shake your head

"Oh yeah, you probably should drink something too. Do you want water, milk or...?"

"Milk would be nice."

"Alright, here, you do it."

"Thanks."

Glass of milk is placed at your lips and slowly tilted to give you plenty of time to drink it. But then you swallow some of it down the wrong pipe causing you to move your head away and cough but moving away causes the glass of milk to turn over and fall on your lap. (Oh no!)

19