7 First Interaction
1.1k 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Moshi is still Moshi to not confuse the readers, who skipped chapter 6.5. His real name will be introduced later again under less shameful circumstances. We want to keep this story family-friendly for underage readers. *stares at a certain person*

7 First Interaction

The next morning.

Chirp~ Chirp~

The pair of lovers were greeted by some chicks jumping happily around their heads. Moshi blinked his eyes at Ace, who in response pinched his cheek. The rims of the former’s eyes were slightly red from yesterday’s activity and made him look endearingly charming.

“Why are the chicks here? Didn’t you return them to him?” he asked with a hoarse and sleepy voice.

Ace pinched his cheek again, this time with slightly more strength. With a sad face that didn’t look sincere at all, he whined, “How dare you mention another man’s name and ignore me...Ah, my heart is broken. Look who is actually looking at other people with their lover beside.”

Moshi stared blankly at his boyfriend’s sulking act. At the same time, he was reminded of yesterday’s embarrassing affair. His cheek not only hurt from the pinch but also burnt from the shame.

“Stawp it, I apowwogice ohkey—”

“Hahaha…”

After teasing his lover enough, Ace scrutinized his complexion with tender eyes. The yet receding red on Moshi’s cheek flaunted a stark contrast to his fair skin. Even though Moshi’s overall vitality was back, the pallor in his iris hadn’t disappeared; it meant that his ability weakened permanently.

Ace didn’t address this matter, Moshi should know about this better than anybody else already.

Both didn’t stay idle for long and got dressed very fast. When they wanted to step out of the building, they realized that the rain hadn't stopped yet.

A familiar silhouette in a raincoat walked towards them.

“You released him?” Moshi asked while tilting his head slightly to Ace.

The latter nodded nonchalantly.

They didn’t greet each other as there was still bad blood between them. With that weird rain still dripping outside and Moshi’s unstable condition, the two postponed their mission until the weather got better.

With nowhere else to go, they simply followed the man who could be considered a local. He went to the snack counter, took out a camping stove as well as a metal bowl and several other cooking utensils. 

After setting up everything, he took out several kinds of nuts from his pockets and placed them on the counter. The sound of nutshells being split open resounded on this morning and woke up the poultry livestock, who were not far away. 

His movements were fast and steady. In a short amount of time, he removed the shells and grounded a share of nuts to fine powder. Another share went to the birds. They gathered obediently around the counter, after Sin opened the cage and led the way.

As they picked up the food thrown at them, the young man moved to the cage and took out two eggs. They were cracked into a bowl together with water and the self-made flour. In a few minutes, he made himself a simple breakfast of pancakes, dried meat, and fresh fruits.

Fweet~

Ace whistled at the seamless coordination of man and chicken. At the same time, he re-evaluated the sole rooster in the bunch and let out another whistle in astonishment. Ironically, his praise was misunderstood and earned him quite a glare from the young man. 

Moshi, in contrast, watched the whole procedure without commenting. But he was also intrigued by the well-trained group of birds. He gave Ace a quick glance who was a responsible boyfriend— he made breakfast since Moshi couldn’t cook.

Without waiting to be reprimanded, Ace moved to a clean area and took out the ingredients and cooking utensils from his spatial ring. 

One flick and flames rose from his palm. The flame was neither high nor wild and its yellowish-orange color changed to blue with some streaks of magenta. It looked beautiful and strong at the same time.  

Ace obviously used this high profile display of his fire ability to attract the stranger’s attention. After seeing the other’s surprised expression, he didn’t waste any more time and increased his working speed. With a few skillful shakes of his hands, a healthy breakfast for three was cooked. 

Ace and Moshi planted themselves to the other man. He looked strangely at them. 

You f*cking monsters just used spatial magic, okay?! Don’t go f*cking show off your food under my nose, he thought. 

But what Ace then stated, caught him off guard. 

“Your share since we want to build a relationship of trust and mutual benefit.”

While practically shoving the food into Mr. Grumpy’s face, he also gave Moshi a subtle signal.

“Yeah, just take it! Since we will impose on your hospitality for a while longer...” Moshi added. 

His sentence blurred towards the end as he hadn’t come up with a reasonable argument yet. 

The man raised an eyebrow at them but still took their offer after some consideration. It really had been a long time since he had eaten a proper meal after all. 

After the three finished their breakfast, Moshi got curious and asked, “What’s your name?”

The man didn’t answer, but his disinclination to tell them could be easily seen from his objective expression.

Moshi found his reactions rather interesting. He would bury his face into the food from strangers, but couldn’t jump over his shadow to tell others his name. Moreover, he wasn’t the least bit scared of them nor asked any questions. Wasn’t he quite an oddball?

Suddenly, the memory of that wannabe kung fu chicken flashed by, and he blurted out his thoughts without a filter, “Harem God, why did you name that rooster Sin?”

The eyes of “Harem God” twitched. Neither of the names were something some strangers should know of, unless… could they read minds?! 

Harem God squinted his eyes at Moshi. Not only him, but Ace also stared dumbfounded. Since when did his cute Momo have such an eccentric naming sense?

 

14