221. Saving His Eleventh Disciple (II)
7.6k 7 112
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The woman wasn’t in good condition and did not wake up regardless of how the monkey touched her all over. Upon closer examination, her muscles were shredded and limp. Her bones were cracked and her tendons were stretched almost to the breaking point.

This was no doubt due to the stress of the realm-crossing special ability. Her body at the 8th Level of the Body Refinement Realm simply could not support such power.

The monkey realized this and spent a great deal of spiritual energy stabilizing her. It did not skimp on the medicine and brought out several herbs that even Chen Wentian was impressed with. After it did everything it could, it bundled the woman up in layers of furs and put her away in one of the side rooms. It wasn’t a doctor and it could only wait until she woke up.

The monkey was still anxious about its new prize and vented its frustration on some of the other women. Ironically, the beast had rather weak stamina and was completely spent after only twenty minutes. Chen Wentian felt a bit of pride in comparison.

Once the beast finished it sent the women away. It laid down alone in the hot tub and fell asleep. The women did not make a fuss or try to escape. They obediently stayed in their rooms to quietly weep their sorrows away.

Chen Wentian’s expression hardened and he decided that the time had arrived to make his move. The beast was alone and its guard was down. There was no other Spirit Lord in the entire mountain to interfere and there was no chance for the monkey king to return.

He wanted to kill the beast but he also wanted it for his collection. It would make the perfect soul guardian for an immortal item!

Chen Mo’s shadow body emerged from the dark crevasse and crept up along the ceiling until he was completely above the monkey.

Surprise was the most important factor in an ambush. He could not let the snow monkey react until it was too late. Overwhelming force was the second most important factor. He could not allow the snow monkey to fight back until resistance was futile.

He called upon the Dao of shadow and dropped down from the ceiling in a rapidly expanding pitch-black domain.

Shadow Realm!

Black clouds covered the snow monkey and also the entire room in an instant.

The monkey’s eyes snapped open but all it saw was complete nothingness. It howled in alarm but no sound escaped the cloud. It called forth its snow powers and summoned a blizzard but outside the cloud, it was still toasty warm.

It was trapped!

The shadow domain ability didn’t work perfectly in such a closed room since the monkey was still familiar with its own dwelling. However, keeping something blind and confused wasn’t the only ability of the domain.

The monkey tried to run out of the room but it was immediately met by shadow spikes that were sharper than any sword. They shot from the darkness in front of it and forced it back. More then appeared and shot out from all directions.

“Kyaaa! Too weak!” It howled furiously.

The blizzard increased in intensity and enveloped the shadow spikes before any could cause damage. The snowstorm formed an impenetrable defense but the shadow barrage continued.

“Not enough! You can’t keep me in here forever! Your domain can’t last forever! I, General Sun, have fought countless trashy immortals like you. You can’t beat me!!”

Chen Wentian ignored the taunts and continued his attack. Although both were at a deadlock, it was exactly what he wanted. Chen Mo was capable of more and the monkey was also capable of more. However, all he needed was to keep it here and waste its time and energy.

Duels between two equal immortals in the Spirit Lord Realm were often decided by who had more spiritual energy to expend. Unless one side completely overpowered the other by force or interaction of their Daos, both would find it hard to land a killing blow. Immortal bodies were tough and spiritual auras served as a never-ending shield. Thus, it came down to stamina and who would be the first one forced to give up and run. It was during the escape and subsequent chase that beginner immortals had the highest chance of dying.

General Sun understood this and that’s why it had confidence. It had already sensed that the shadowy immortal’s spiritual energy was less powerful and not as profound. It simply had to wait until the right time to launch a counterattack…

The minutes went by and the stalemate continued. Snow and hail whipped around the monkey’s body, protecting it from the storm of shadow spikes that seemed never-ending. Spiritual energy clashed against spiritual energy, one attacking and one defending.

Five minutes…

Ten minutes…

Both sides were now expending their full effort, leaving little in reserve. The monkey was breathing heavily, gasping for breath. Chen Mo, if it was himself, would have already run out of spiritual energy. But since he was connected to the soul realm of the Anatta Soul Nirvana Art, he could call upon the spiritual energy of all other souls since they were all one.

It was a complete ruse and the snow monkey had completely fallen into the real trap without even realizing it. It might have been able to break free if it had brought out its full power at the very beginning. Now, it was simply too late.

Fifteen minutes…

Twenty minutes…

“No… no domain lasts this long!” The monkey muttered, finally sensing something was terribly wrong.

Its spiritual energy was close to being depleted but this black domain was still strong as ever. It was a dire situation but the monkey had few options.

It was an arrogant Spirit Lord beast that had ruled over millions for many years. It had slain armies of humans like reaping wheat and conquered their women in the thousands. How could it fall here, in its own lair, to some no-name immortal that popped out of nowhere?

“You… where did you come from!?” The monkey howled in desperate rage, “I am the great General Sun! I am the greatest snow monkey of the land! I will kill you!!!”

A white domain of snow and ice erupted around the monkey’s body. It summoned all of its remaining strength for one final showdown!

The white domain rapidly expanded and clashed against the black domain. It was an epic struggle but the new domain was stronger and pushed out bit by bit.

The monkey howled in excitement and doubled its efforts.

The surrounding became brighter and it could finally see a few steps around the room…

However, that was as far as Chen Wentian was going to let go. He summoned the souls of the ice and fire wolves to enter Chen Mo and provide assist.

Let out of the soul realm for the first time, the brother and sister pair put forth their full strength. The Shadow Realm was instantly renewed by the spiritual energy of two new souls and rapidly crushed the monkey’s white domain into nothingness.

“Kyaaaaahh! Impossible!”

Darkness engulfed the snow monkey once again and this time, there was truly no escape.

A dense array of shadow spikes formed once again, this time encased in crimson flames or blue ice. They gave off a terrifying aura of imminent death.

“What? No, no! I surrender, I surrender!”

There was no chance Chen Wentian would spare it. It had ruined so many women so it had to pay.

All the spikes launched as one, straight and true without mercy.

The monkey’s spiritual aura was shredded by the combined force and evaporated. The monkey’s fur and hide were not enough to resist pierced through. It gave one final scream before its body was completely obliterated.

This was the first appearance of the strongest attack of the shadow domain, the Infinite Black Rain!

---

Thank you to my patrons!

Immortal Emperor Broheam

Immortal King Minh Ho

Immortal King RustedDusty

Immortal King LictorSivas

Immortal King Luke Satterfield

and many Immortal Lords.

112