242. Results of the Competition
7.4k 8 112
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The eleventh disciple, Bei Yingluo, took her place as an immortal’s disciple. She was nervous yet determined. She knew she was by far the weakest disciple but she would not be intimidated. She was also glad that her senior sisters were warm and welcoming. She only hoped that whatever mysterious power that master saw in her would help her and that she would not be a disappointment.

Chen Wentian waved his hands and a scroll appeared in his hand. He unfurled it using his spiritual energy and displayed it to everyone.

“Disciples, the preliminary result for the Monster Fighting Competition has been compiled. The Immortal Association sent me this today. Let us look at it together…”

A few names were immediately obvious at the very top.

“First place, goes to Wu Qianyu!”

“Waaaa!” Lin Qingcheng squealed and hugged Wu Qianyu who was next to her.

Chen Wentian also gave Wu Qianyu a hug while the others clapped. She accepted the praise graciously and thanked everyone for their hard work, too.

“Second place, Peng Xiling of the Tower of Swords…”

There was a bit of awkward silence. Peng Xiling was indeed a talented disciple of that rival sect. The tower had tried their best and was able to fight off other competitors as well as the third-place finisher.

“Third place, Long Yifei!”

There was another round of applause and another hug from Chen Wentian. Everyone was full of smiles and nobody saw anything amiss except for Bei Yingluo.

She looked at her new master, then at her two senior sisters that were hugged so intimately, then back to her master. Those hugs did not seem like normal ones but those between a man and a woman. Were they all really master and disciple?

“Master,” Long Yifei spoke, “It was all due to your plans and intentions that I was able to achieve this ranking. Please accept disciple’s gracious bow.”

She wanted to get second place and he could tell she was a bit disappointed in herself.

“Nonsense, you put forth great effort as well. You should be proud. You and Qianyu will both get a nice reward though I have not decided on that yet.” He said.

“Thank you, master.”

He returned to the front and continued reading from the list. The rest of the top ten were filled with names from Beast God Sanctum. Although he killed off a lot of talents, he wasn’t able to get all of them. The massive insect horde also gave them a bountiful harvest of points that ultimately drove some of the lesser sects out.

Perhaps if he had not caused the war, more sects could have joined the top ten. The alternative was uncertain and he still preferred his way. Beast God Sanctum was now in minor chaos with their losses and the death of two immortals.

There was one other name of interest in the top ten and that was the only other one not belonging to the beast lovers.

It was the ninth place and it went to Qian Lei from the Sapphire Mystic Empire.

“Who is she? I’ve never even heard of that sect before?” Lin Qingcheng wondered.

Chen Wentian shrugged. He didn’t know either as it was not a sect he recognized from the Eastern Sanmu Subcontinent. But there was someone who knew.

Bei Yingluo tentatively raised her hand. “Umm… Master?”

“Oh, do you know something?” He asked.

She nodded, “Only a little. The Sapphire Mystic Empire is the hegemon of the region south of the Great Hui Desert. The traders that managed to cross the desert told our clan of the Aiqin Mystic Archipelago. It is where the land breaks apart into large and small islands until it eventually gets swallowed up by an endless ocean.”

“Interesting…” Chen Wentian muttered and thought about it.

Since two powerful immortal sects were destroyed by his hands, the Immortal Association of the Eastern Sanmu Subcontinent probably asked for help from the neighboring regions. The concession was that these outsiders would be able to compete for rewards just like the people here.

This woman named Qian Lei was no doubt extremely talented. He didn’t know how many people supported her behind the scenes but charging into the top ten in limited time was still impressive.

The region also sounded intriguing. He had never been there so it would be quite an adventure for his disciples as well as himself.

“Well… we’ll see this Qian Lei at the association soon enough. Everyone in the top one hundred is invited after all. Speaking of which, let’s move on.”

There was nothing notable down to the fiftieth place. A majority of the spots belonged to the Beast God Sanctum but there many more other sects. There was the Hyacinth Spirit School, Legendary Fighter League, Skycloud Temple, Xiao Immortal Clan, Kingdom of Zion, and many more.

Each name was impressive, even awe-inspiring among the mortal population. The reality was that these immortal sects would disappear soon enough. Many Spirit Lords were the product of lucky encounters or a bunch of improbable circumstances that combined together. It was hard to reproduce another immortal the same exact way and these sects would die when their sect master died.

These sects would die but more would pop up to take their place. And occasionally, a sect would take root and become powerful. But even they were not able to survive ferocious storms of fate and misfortune over the centuries.

Chen Wentian continued and finally made it to the bottom of the list. There, he found five familiar names between the eightieth and hundredth places. It was the ice sisters led by Li Yuechan. They were all there, everyone had made the cutoff!

“That’s wonderful!”

“Yayyy!”

Lin Qingcheng yelled joyfully and this time, the others joined in as well.

The point-gathering operation and all their hard work over the last month were for exactly this. Everything had paid off, all the long days of battle and nights with little rest. The ice sisters had achieved the impossible dream of declaring their names to the immortal realms and whole subcontinent. They would go down in history and they would never be forgotten.

“Yuechan, Wushuang, Lanyi, Xue’er, Yue’er, good job!”

“Thank you, master!”

He congratulated each of them some more before turning to Jasmine and grabbing her hands.

“You…” Jasmine struggled.

“Shush.” He said and pulled her to the front along with Lin Qingcheng and Zhou Ziyun. “Today, we celebrate the success of many disciples but we won’t forget the hard work of the rest. Jasmine was the foundation and guardian for everyone while I was away. Ziyun was the strategist and the one that kept everything going smoothly. And Qingcheng… you are my first disciple and also the most important. You did a wonderful job because you are the heart and soul of the sect!”

The others understood his words and bowed to the three. Indeed, the successes of the sect were not possible without everyone. It was only fair to share the moment together.

For the first time, Ten Thousand Flower Valley felt like a true immortal sect. The disciples shared their troubles and triumphs together. Some were stronger and some weaker but they were united.

Lin Qingcheng especially, was emotional. She didn’t do much except tag along and cheer her senior sisters from the back. She often felt quite useless but she tried the best she could. She was feeling a bit uncertain but Chen Wentian’s words lifted her back up.

In some sense, she was the perfect person to be Chen Wentian’s prime disciple. She was not power-hungry nor envious. She did not seek to put others down. She was straightforward and she was kind to everyone.

She eventually cried happy tears and buried her red face in Chen Wentian’s shoulder. He laughed and hugged her tenderly.

Bei Yingluo stood to the side and watched everything. She understood a little more about the dynamics of this immortal sect and it was greatly encouraging. First disciple Lin Qingcheng was the weakest among the other disciple but her position was clearly immovable. This was the kind of man Chen Wentian, someone who was fair and sentimental.

The last wisps of doubt in Bei Yingluo’s heart disappeared and she was filled with hope for the future.

---

Thank you to all my patrons!

Support me and read ahead by 4 or even 8 chapters!

p atreon.com/kigreenwriting

---

P atreon has reached ch250 which is the finale of the current arc, Volume 6. I will be spending some time editing the wiki and getting it caught up so releases will be slower. 

112