262. The Day of the Ceremony
6.1k 4 109
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day was the day of the ceremony. Chen Wentian’s disciples got up bright and early to get ready. They had their best outfits ready and did their hair and makeup immaculately to look the absolute best. Even Wu Qianyu, who had been tormented by him all night, was eager.

The audience they would be in front of today were some of the most influential and powerful in the whole subcontinent. By standing in front of them, their names would reverberate across the lands. The younger ones would have to wait their turn but for the ice sisters especially, this was their shining moment.

Chen Wentian was stuck waiting for them but when they finally all emerged from their rooms, he was not disappointed at all. They took his breath away, their combined beauty and brilliance left him speechless.

Lin Qingcheng had gone for a playful and mysterious look. She wore her preferred color of yellow tinged with gold and had gone for a daring, form-fitting style with ample cleavage. She had on her intricately painted face mask which covered her face down to her chin. This combined with her functional outfit and fighting gauntlets made her seem more like a gang leader than a gentle girl.

“Chengcheng, you look great!” He said.

She giggled. “Thank you, master.”

Zhou Ziyun was next. She was in her favorite outfit which was the Insightful Swallow paired with the Winged Sentinel. Her hair was put up in a simple ponytail and her makeup was clean and simple. It did not take away from her natural charm and instead enhanced it. With this setup, she was like a dashing rogue ready for a fight.

He praised Zhou Ziyun and moved onto Wu Qianyu. She was absolutely vibrant this morning. Perhaps still feeling the aftereffects from their night together, her eyes never left him and they were filled with heat and passion. He wanted to pull her into a side room but suppressed his urges like a proper master.

She didn’t wear armor like Zhou Ziyun but her plain white robes were made for battle, consisting of a strong woven material that was light and flexible but could still withstand blades and arrows. It was also something at the peak of the Spirit Initiate Realm. This combined with the Purple Jade Sword turned into a true swordswoman who was capable of slaying any foe.

The five ice sisters had gone for a different route. Instead of looking like they were going to fight people, they were dressed for a party. Each dress was more elegant and intricate than the next. They all wore makeup that accentuated their best features. There was even pricy jewelry which he did not buy but that they had procured with their allowances. Even Xu Lanyi, usually the odd one out for such things, was similarly dressed.

They left him a bit overwhelmed but nonetheless proud. They were beautiful, more beautiful than all of the women he had chase after in the past. Thinking about so many nights spent together in bed, all of them together, almost brought a tear to his eyes.

He congratulated them many times before moving onto the last and final one, Long Yifei…

“Master.” She said, giving a small bow.

“Wow…” He breathed.

She was simply stunning.

He could not find the words to describe her and simply stood there with a silly smile. She was perfect in every way, every detail, every curve, every proportion of everything!

“Master?” She eventually asked.

He had stared at her for way too long.

“Huh? Oh…”

“Are you alright?”

“I’m fine, I’m fine.” He scratched his head.

Long Yifei laughed lightly, causing her Flawless Snowfrost earrings to shake and glitter. She wore them proudly and this made him smile even more. She then put her customary veil on which lessened the impact on his psyche, but only a little since he already knew every surface of her body.

“Master, we should go.” Zhou Ziyun reminded.

“Okay, okay. I’m not going to see the two of them for a long time. Give me a moment!”

“Come on!”

“Master, we’re going to be late!”

After much complaining, he finally relented. He gave Wu Qianyu and Long Yifei apologetic looks before being dragged out of the room by the others.

The Small Wind Pagoda was a buzz of activity. There were many guests leaving at the same time, all headed to the same destination. The location of the ceremony was a short distance away on the ground and there was a constant stream of flying boats and immortals flying back and forth.

It was an open-aired, circular amphitheater at the heart of the Sky District. An array of tall towers surrounded the place from all sides as if to protect it. It gave the aura of the most holy and regal location of the whole city. The concentration of spiritual energy here was so strong that if one was not at the Spirit Initiate Realm, it would crush their organs and directly kill them!

The amphitheater was not as large as a stadium but it was enough to seat a few thousand. The seats were rather crowded, allowing everyone to see everyone else and for those familiar to greet each other. There was a raised stage at the center that was big enough to serve as a dueling ring or to hold a ceremony.

When Chen Wentian arrived, he didn’t immediately attract much attention. There were at least forty or fifty immortals here and he was still a newcomer. Only a few sideways looks were cast in his direction.

He flew with Lin Qingcheng and Zhou Ziyun beside him while the others were inside Turtle Can Fly. The carriage was really too small and he didn’t want to mess up their outfits. Lin Qingcheng and Zhou Ziyun were also his first and second disciples. They had seniority and it was only right for them to accompany him.

He landed on the edge of the amphitheater and the others got out. Once lined up in order, they descended the steps, heading for their seats.

There was a sudden hush as everyone present noticed their entrance.

Then the mayhem started.

--

Thank you to all my patrons!

Support me and read ahead by 4 or even 8 chapters!

p atreon.com/kigreenwriting

Join my discord for updates, delays, and my ramblings :)

d iscord.gg/dY5UApw

--

My second novel The Treasure King has just finished its first arc, please take a look!

109